Hello from Bedford!

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
HelenaB

Hello from Bedford!

Post by HelenaB » 21 May 2009, 19:22

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd introduce myself rather than just dive in with a thousand questions! :D

I don't even have my little puppy yet - won't get her until mid-July when she'll be 11 weeks (unfortunately we're on holiday so that's the very earliest we can collect her!).

She's a medium chocolate curly-coat (or is likely to be!) and we've already got all the stuff for her - cage set up you name it! The kids are currently sitting on the floor looking into the empty cage imagining the puppy!

I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions - but it is a talent of mine so no promises. :P

linny

Re: Hello from Bedford!

Post by linny » 21 May 2009, 19:31

Welcome to Doodle land :)
Who is most excited the kids or Mum? :lol:---do you have a name for the pup yet?
Where are you getting her from ? is she miniature or standard?
We can be just as good as you when it comes to questions :lol: :lol:
Welcome from me and Ambrose----- will look forward to your first picture post.

Gypsysmum

Post by Gypsysmum » 21 May 2009, 19:33

Hi there!!
Im new too, just joined on Wednesday night! Im same as you, get pup on 21st June at 10 weeks because were also going on holiday!! How much does it take the excitement out of your hol!! Just want my pup!! :D :P Shes a cream F2 curly girl. Going to see her tomorrow so will get pics of her on this wknd.
I will probably be joining you asking 100's of questions!! :P
I have cage also, kids keep going in it, keep warning them that its too tempting to keep them in it!! haha :lol:

Lynsay & Bella

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 21 May 2009, 19:37

Heheee we're getting our puppy at the beginning of August when we get back from holiday, did consider not going on holiday this year, but the puppy won't be 8 weeks until then so we're going. I think for the first time ever I won't actually mind my Summer holiday coming to an end (in fact I will probably be wishing it away, but won't admit that to my husband!!!). Ours will also be a curly coated brown medium one, don't mind whether its a boy or a girl, but only got a name for a boy so far, which will be Murphy.

I can't believe you've got the cage and everything already! I thought I was bad!!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Wendy xx

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 May 2009, 19:46

Hi Helena - I can just feel your excitement from your post :lol: We all ask stupid questions, so don't worry about that - there's always someone on here with an answer. DO tell us more about your pup-to-be!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Sally B

Post by Sally B » 21 May 2009, 19:55

We pick our new puppy up next week (Golden Doodle) Kev and I have both booked a week off work. Hes calling it patenity leave!

I think we might need it though trying to accomadate a 14 year old Dalmation, a 15 month doodle and a 8 week old puppy. Apparently thats my holiday for the year now cos we wont be able to leave the dogs.

HelenaB

Post by HelenaB » 21 May 2009, 19:57

Thanks everyone!

The front-runner name-wise is Ruby.

She'll be a medium sized ASD + Poodle backcross.

She's coming from Lisa Carson.

The kids want us to cancel the holiday obviously!! The holiday that was all we could think about a month ago has been relegated to an irritation that's getting in the way of the PUPPY.

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 May 2009, 20:07

Sally B wrote: Hes calling it patenity leave!.

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Don't forget to show us the pics!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 May 2009, 20:08

HelenaB wrote:The kids want us to cancel the holiday obviously!! The holiday that was all we could think about a month ago has been relegated to an irritation that's getting in the way of the PUPPY.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 21 May 2009, 21:23

We can feel your excitement!!! This time last year Bonzo was 2 weeks old and i was sooooo excited about getting him - pic on the screen saver, phone, trying but failing not to buy toys - it was the longest wait of all time!!! But well worth it - wouldn't be without him now! If you're anything like us all holiday you'll see dogs and have the conversations about how big they are, what breed they are, how yours will compare, how this time next year you could be on holiday with her...... such excitement lies ahead!!!

Clare

Post by Clare » 22 May 2009, 08:28

Hi Helena,

I am fairly new to doodle land, we have had Pebbles since the end of January, We got her from Lisa Carson too. She is an meduim ASD. I really liked Lisa, she was very helpful and down to earth. I wonder if our pups are in any way related. Pebbles was from Loki and Loverboy. You will have such fun, I understand about the holiday - we are going to France but I woyuld really rather not and holiday here instead and take her.

[http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jacksonpi ... 0qD2jJ_zRw#]

Clare and Pebbles

HelenaB

Post by HelenaB » 22 May 2009, 10:30

Hi Clare.

Not sure if they're related - when I get a bit more detail I'll post it!

HelenaB

Post by HelenaB » 03 Jun 2009, 07:24

Just got a few more updated photos from Lisa. Oh they're all so cuuuute!

We're off to visit them in a couple of weeks. Maybe by then my daughter will have stopped bouncing up and down (or maybe not!).

We went to a country park near us on Sunday and I saw a lady with a big black Doodle (very handsome scruffy chap) so I bounced up to her to say hi and tell her just how lovely he was.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 03 Jun 2009, 07:39

Welcomr to the forum! The waiting is the worst bit isnt it!!x
ImageImageImage