Say Hi to Connie

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Gambit

Re: Say Hi to Connie

Post by Gambit » 18 Feb 2010, 10:22

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I'm glad everone else thinks Connie is gorgeous and cute and it's not just cause I'm a devoted parent! :lol:

We've been reading 'The Perfect Puppy' by Gwen Bailey which seems to have a lot of good advice and tips but I guess the proof will be in next weeks pudding. We'll look out for the Puppy School one too as she seems to know what she's talking about and certainly writes in way that is easy to understand.

We're starting to worry that we're over analysing, spending and hour in p@h reading ingredients on all the dog food for example!!!! I think we need to take a breath, relax and just enjoy it rather than stress that we're going to look after Connie ok. We're as prepared as we're going to be, the house and garden all puppified and I think we've bought just about every piece of equipment and toys that are on sale!! :D We've read our book, downloaded loads of stuff from the Labradoodle Trust site and read this forum every day. I know we'll be good doodle parents but we're still nervous!!

Four sleeps!!! Bring on the pup!! :D
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 18 Feb 2010, 11:36

Deep breaths :lol: I am sure you will have a great time welcoming Connie home; puppies are wonderful and very tiring so enjoy as much sleep as possible now......

Katherine
ImageImage

poodledoodle

Post by poodledoodle » 18 Feb 2010, 12:12

Welcome Connie looks wonderful, enjoy her they grow up so quick
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last post just try and relax as the puppy will feel that from you and will be more relaxed too. We wish you luck and look forward to hearing all about Connie growing up
Stephen & Zak

Gambit

Post by Gambit » 25 Feb 2010, 00:02

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been a few days but I hope you can understand we've been a little busy with the new addition!!! She's gorgeous and cuddly and smart and just a little bit mental!!! :D Pretty much a perfect doodle by all accounts!! :lol: :lol:

She's learning to do her business outside, although had a little issue with snow (explained on another thread) and is pretty much sleeping through the night. We're exhausted but loving it. Here are some pics now Connie's home...

Hope that keeps you going! :D
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 25 Feb 2010, 00:31

Connie is lovely; great photos :)

Katherine
ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 25 Feb 2010, 00:44

:D :D Really pleased that Connie is with you and that you are enjoying her :) ....she's lovely...and I know she will bring you so much pleasure :) Congrats on your new addition.

wheezie

Post by wheezie » 25 Feb 2010, 00:46

Connie is delightful. Welcome to you all

Wheezie, Rosie & Annie xx

groover

Post by groover » 25 Feb 2010, 02:06

aw she's beautiful

its always lovely to meet another scottish doodle :D

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 26 Feb 2010, 01:53

Oh she's just 'Bootifulll' I like the piccy of her looking out the window expectantly :)
Have fun
Sharron and Archie
Sharron and Archie