hi there

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
jane-joe1967

hi there

Post by jane-joe1967 » 25 May 2010, 12:31

Just a quick introduction as I'm only on here briefly during the day as busy looking after my dogs and my dog walking business.
My name is jane. I have 4 children 3 boys aged 10, 12 14 and a girl of 22 who will be getting married on the 5th june next month. I also have a partner who is by any standards has the patience of a saint!LOL. He loves dogs as much as me and dog walks with me whenever he can. He's a solicitor so mainly partakes on weekends.
My love affair with doodles began last year when we visited Wentwood Labradoodles to buy a chocolate labrador. When we arrived we were told that all had been reserved but to come and have a look at some other litters they had. When Sandy was brought out my heart melted and there and then started a love affair which has developed into something more!!! She was last of the litter and was 14 weeks at that stage. She has never ceased to amaze me with her wonderful temperament, her playful disposition and natural beauty!!! She is so welcoming to everybody and every dog she comes into contact with. Her greeting is somewhat of a party trick...she'll run up, not to close, stop and look for the reaction in the dog or owner and proceed to throw herself on her back, wiggling her legs in the air and waiting to be tickled. This usually does the trick and another doodle lover is born. What a girl!!!! Accidently, on her second season sandy fell pregnant with my standard poodle when the kids left them together. At 15 months it was a shock! and I fretted over this!!! I did want her to have pups but when she was at least 2 years old!! But I'm pleased to say that she is the most happy and considerate mother to 11 f1b black goldendoodles. All the pups are now 2 1/2 weeks and they are stunning.....sandy is one yummy mummy!!!
I have 4 more dogs!!! All fantastic, all walked off their leads, all well balanced and all a huge part of my family.
I hope to engage in some of the active forums in a respectful, meaningful and helpful manner.
Hope to meet you all at some point
jane

Skippyandlulu

Re: hi there

Post by Skippyandlulu » 25 May 2010, 13:14

I bet the puppies are lovely but the poor mum is way too young to have a litter. :( Didn't the vet advise you to give her an injection to prevent the pregnancy and try again when she was older?

Parker

Post by Parker » 25 May 2010, 13:53

Hi Jane and welcome to the forum - what a busy household you run!

I'd love to see pictures of Sandy if you have some as these are obligatory on this forum! :wink:

If you're free on 10th July then there is the Labradoodle Trust New Forest Fun Dog Show where there will bee LOTS of doodles to meet :D :D :D
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 25 May 2010, 16:02

Welcome Jane, and yes, we must see pics of your dogs - and the puppies of course!
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

jane-joe1967

Post by jane-joe1967 » 25 May 2010, 18:57

Thanks girls for your warm welcome.
I can understand your concerns of a teenage mum, it certainly isn't advisable and I agree with the guidlines of breeding. If I knew that the vet could have prevented sandy coming into season then yes I would have welcomed it. On the basis of giving sandy an injection to in principle abort the puppies...I'm glad that I didnt have to make a decision as the pregnancy was developed before i knew of puppies.
Sandy is a great mother, shes considerate, loving and caring to all 11!!! She does not require help in feeding them and positively loves her new role! Her puppies are all in great health and are off to the vets this week for their first worming formula.
I am trying to upload pics on here but having trouble.... any advice?

Saramel

Post by Saramel » 25 May 2010, 22:59

Most people load THEIR photo's through photobucket! :wink:

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 26 May 2010, 08:35

Loved reading your story. :D
I'm new to the site but my boy "Ben" is one year old.
I'm also having trouble understanding how to add photos - will try again now.

[img][IMG]http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a450/annvinton/ben/th_P1000636.jpg[/img][/img]

Parker

Post by Parker » 26 May 2010, 09:21

You just need one set of image codes . . . Here is Ben (gorgeous by the way :D )

Here are Rosie's instructions for posting photos

http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... =1&t=14302

No excuses now :wink:
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

jane-joe1967

Post by jane-joe1967 » 26 May 2010, 10:52

Hi girls,
I hope this is right....

jane-joe1967

Post by jane-joe1967 » 26 May 2010, 11:01

Hey I did it!!!
Thank you for your advice on photobucket everybody.
Will this pic come up on my profile?
I'll have a go in uploading more pics tonight.
I'll add photos of my other doodles that I walk...they are 3 chocolate and 1 cream. One thing that I can say with great confidence is that all the doodles I've come into contact with have wonderful traits which they exibit in the dog walking. I cannot express enough to people what great family dogs they are!!!
See you later....
love jane X

jane-joe1967

Post by jane-joe1967 » 26 May 2010, 11:03

just a quickie, loving all the pics of your doodles....not sure how to use this site yet so please forgive me for not replying directly..
love jane x

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 26 May 2010, 11:10

No it's not really all right is it?
Your bit of dissimulation about Sandy's age is transparent, obviously to make things sound better than the fact of mating a 12 month old puppy. The Goldendoodle Sandy is now 15 months old and has no health tests, the dam of your Labradoodle litter had no health tests either. I think we are seeing a pattern here. 11 x £600 was the perfectly good reason to go on and have the litter.
Can you even show the buyers the health tests for your well advertised stud dog?
BTW I'm not one of the girls and do not require your love just a far greater sense of responsibility from a Professional Dog Carer who would have taken a bitch accidentally? mated straight to the vet.
Health test can still be done for both bitches, that's the best you can do after the fact, especially seeing that Sandy came from a puppy farm with a drop down constantly available list of breeds.
jane-joe1967 wrote:Image
Hi girls,
I hope this is right....
A poor lonely sock just looking for his sole mate

SarahandMilly

Post by SarahandMilly » 26 May 2010, 12:53

The puppies look lovely.

But I'm not sure if you should be advertising them on UKLA as I think you need to comply with the Code of Practice, which states they should be 2 years old before having a litter and both parents are health tested.

If you are worried about finding homes for them all you could always advertise them on Epupz. Good luck.

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 26 May 2010, 14:42

Must agree with the others. You do not seem to be playing ball here.
The other litters on here are from tested parents of breeding age and carefully selected matings.
As any would be buyer would do i have checked the Kennel Club health service results. There is no health screening records for the sire on todays page. What DNA test was he tested for?

jane-joe1967

Post by jane-joe1967 » 26 May 2010, 16:29

hi girls
not advertising any puppies on here. I am well aware of the standards to advertise puppies on here and had no intention of doing so. I was just replying to some lovely girls that asked to see the pups. I will post new pics as they get bigger, but to remind everyone I am not selling pups on the site but I am on the other well known sites.
Your entitled to your opinions. That's why we live in a democratic society where we can all have our say. Its good to see people be passionate about the things they love in life! That's why we are on here... However, I'm not getting involved in any kind of nasty talk. So with that have a good day!
however, before I go, let me just make some things clear.
I am 100% in favour of health screening.
My Standard poodle has a hip score of 11 and a BVA/KC current clear eye test
Original certificates can be viewed
My vet Fields Vets Newport Gwent stated that unless a dog is KC reg they cannot hip score (pls feel free to call them)
All my pups are wormed on a vet prep
they have their first vaccination before they leave
they are fully vet health checked
they leave with 48 hour royal canin which they and sandy are feeding on
they come with 4 weeks free pet plan insurance
they also come with a detailed puppy pack
they come with a contract which safeguards the puppy ie if for whatever reason the new owner cannot keep the puppy they can return to me
they come with a lifetime of support.
I have contacted a lovely lady who said that her vet couldn't understand why she wanted to hip score her doodle, but they eventually got around the problem by inserting the microchip number. With this information I will return to my vets and hopefully either they will hip score or I will find another vet that will.
love jane x