Phoebe is home

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
MrsAdmin

Re: Phoebe is home

Post by MrsAdmin » 16 Jun 2010, 21:13

You did the right thing Debs. A new puppy is not just a complication in your life YOU don't need right at this moment, it was the best thing for Phoebe as SHE needs full-on attention at this stage in her life too.

My Dad had lung cancer and had a lung removed, which is probably not what they do nowadays. Without wanting to upset you in the least, do encourage your Dad to be sheer bloody minded :wink: . Dad got told he had 6 months to live when he was diagnosed, and he said that, with five kids, he didn't have time for dying, and he lived another 17 years - through sheer cussedness mostly, whereas he saw other men having a lung op and then just give up :cry: .

Positivity CAN work wonders. Sending you a bucket full of healing vibes and a large dollop of determination.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 17 Jun 2010, 00:36

I am so very sorry to hear your news, Debs and am thinking of you all at this harrowing time......

So sad for you all about Phoebe but what else could you do; thank goodness she has a great breeder to return to who will find her a lovely home.

Katherine
ImageImage

carly

Post by carly » 18 Jun 2010, 12:53

Oh Debs, I am so sorry to hear your news.

Bridget will find Phoebe a great home, but I know it must have been a dreadful decision for you and your family to make. As others have said, it was the right decision as you need all your strenght and time to help your dad right now.

Take care, and big hugs
Carly

Carly & Logan

deb Beasor

Post by deb Beasor » 18 Jun 2010, 13:41

Thanks for all your support & comments, it means sooo much. Phoebe will find a good home, maybe one day it will be a better time for me to have another pup we shall see.
I must think about my Dad now he has an appointment now for a biopsy on Wednesday hopefully as he is seeing the consultant after we may hear more.

I am soo worried for him he is so frightened.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Debs

KateW

Post by KateW » 18 Jun 2010, 14:45

I think everybody is frightened when they have to confront their own mortality, Debs and it is very hard to support anyone going through this....Tim's sister has been very ill for the past two years and it now looks as though she has an extremely rare condition (as she herself said, she would have to have something odd) which has involved her in seeing numerous consultants at three different hospitals. One thing we have learnt from this experience is to take a notepad into every consultation, write down what you are told and then ask the consultant to clarify anything you don't understand...When you are in shock or upset it is so easy to get things wrong.....

Thinking lots of positive thoughts for your Dad on Wednesday.

Katherine
ImageImage

Bridget Hodder

Post by Bridget Hodder » 18 Jun 2010, 16:24

hi debs

you know you made the right decision, Phoebe is doing well and a special home i will find for her.your dad needs you more and i hope everything goes well.

Love to all of you

Bridget
Image Image