The one and only:

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Banana-dog

The one and only:

Post by Banana-dog » 16 Jul 2010, 14:33

Hi everyone! I'm 15 and live in London with my family and dog. My labradoodle Eska is my first dog and she is now nearing 15 months. I've had a real passion for dogs since the age of about 11 and worked real hard at convincing my parents to let me have a dog. (Let me tell you, I did not want a labradoodle! Little did I know how amazing they all were).

Now I have my very own dog, and no better one could I have gotten. Eska is cream and has a fleece coat (extra-soft), and black nose. She is really active and runs really fast. I specifically asked for a more active/playful/attentive puppy in the litter because I had plans for agility.

And now I'm living the dream! With my girl over a year I'm morally allowed to raise the jumps to 50cm + rather than a few inches, and she's taken to it really well! We have our first competition of many in August at the KC Agility Festival and I'm nervous and excited. So is Eska, haha. Does anyone else here do agility with their doodles?

Anyway, here are some pictures of her (photos belong to me):

Image Image

I need to take more photos. I will on the weekend when the weather perks up.

Clare

Re: The one and only:

Post by Clare » 16 Jul 2010, 16:08

Hi,
I am in North London too, I have a labradoodle called Pebbles and I think I have seen Eska on walks. I would love to do agility with Pebbles, where do you go? Good luck in the competition.

Clare and Pebbles

keegan family

Post by keegan family » 16 Jul 2010, 16:10

Eska is gorgeous , good luck with the agility sure you and Eska will be Stars

awaitingrodders

Post by awaitingrodders » 16 Jul 2010, 16:33

What a lovely story and what a lovely girl you have :wink:

I have plans for agility with my soon to be gotten doodle. When did you start taking her?
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 16 Jul 2010, 16:54

Lovely photos. Eska is very pretty. :)

Coco & Barney

Cooljewel

Post by Cooljewel » 16 Jul 2010, 16:58

Libby is very active too and she does hoops. PetsAtHome sell a whole range of agility gear at reasonable prices. We just do it with Libby because she loves learning new things. Good luck at your competition!! Your dog's gorgeous :D

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 16 Jul 2010, 17:04

Welcome to the nutty world of doodles! YOu've made a good choice!
Eska is lovely - love the name - I guess your name isn't really banana!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Banana-dog

Post by Banana-dog » 16 Jul 2010, 17:14

Pauline wrote:Welcome to the nutty world of doodles! YOu've made a good choice!
Eska is lovely - love the name - I guess your name isn't really banana!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, neither of us are called banana, :lol: I just sometimes call her banana-dog because she loveloveloves banana!
awaitingrodders wrote:What a lovely story and what a lovely girl you have :wink:

I have plans for agility with my soon to be gotten doodle. When did you start taking her?
Go for it! It's so much fun! We started taking Eska when she was 1 and a month (2 months ago) because unfortunately no clubs accepted dogs under 12 months :( But we secretly had makeshift hurdles at home so I practiced direction and handling with her before we started training at the club.

Thanks everyone for the welcoming comments! :D Judging by your signatures all your doodles look lovely too ^^

Bid

Post by Bid » 16 Jul 2010, 18:23

Eska is gorgeous girl!

My choccy dood Poppy does agility - she's been going for about 18 months now and really loves it :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

linny

Post by linny » 16 Jul 2010, 18:31

Welcome to you and Eska....lovely name, what is the meaning ?
Love the pics she's really beautiful......one question....who is the ghost dog in the background :?: :lol: :lol:

Banana-dog

Post by Banana-dog » 16 Jul 2010, 19:30

Thanks everyone!
Eska doesn't really have a meaning... my family are from france and last year we were living there. In france it's a tradition to name your new pet according to the year - each year has a different letter associated with it

2005 - A
2006 -B
2007 - C
2008 - D
2009 - E
2010 - F

and so on. Since Eska was born last year, we picked up a little leaflet from the vet's with a list of names beginning with "E" and I picked Eska (: But having researched it a few months ago we found out it was the name of a mountain and river in Alaska or something.. :lol:

helenahigson

Post by helenahigson » 16 Jul 2010, 21:50

Lovely storey,lovely dog :D
ImageImageImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 17 Jul 2010, 00:47

Welcome; what a lovely girl Eska is :D I look forward to more photos and following her progress at agility.

Katherine
ImageImage