Hello from an expat Downunder

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
cheshiredog

Hello from an expat Downunder

Post by cheshiredog » 22 Dec 2010, 21:49

Missing the snow and Xmas in winter but don't mind barbie on the beach either. We are actually starting to get a summer here.

My friend has a labradoodle and we sometimes take him on our bikes. He has a special crate with a carbon fiber base! We've been touring around the South Island with him and he now gets invites to local Motorcycle Charity runs - especially the animal ones. He's the first labradoodle I've come across and never known a dog like him. They seem almost to second guess you.

Here's a Youtube clip of him on his last excursion. In town, especially if it's hot, he doesn't like wearing his doggles so we have to stop before hitting the open road re-refit them all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nFflm5qq1k

sammylou

Re: Hello from an expat Downunder

Post by sammylou » 27 Dec 2010, 20:48

Welcome! He is very cute with his doggles on, hehe.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas on the beach.
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 27 Dec 2010, 21:57

Great video. Which Wellington are you talking about?

linny

Post by linny » 28 Dec 2010, 12:30

Great video!...made me :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a keen biker myself I was interested in the reg plates on the bikes....we would get stopped if we has those here :roll:
Does the Dood wear a harness when he's in the box?
Thanks for posting :D :D

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 Dec 2010, 01:14

I recognise that run :lol: :lol: It's down into Wellington in New Zealand. A great city for a Doodle, with a brilliant park in the centre. We spend a month touring there a few years ago and really liked Wellington, especially as we got a great deal on a hotel there :P

The car registrations are great fun down there Linny. We couldn't resist these two parked outside someone's house in Nelson

ImageImageImage
ImageImage