heres molly!

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
stuandrach

heres molly!

Post by stuandrach » 18 Feb 2011, 14:11

i everyone finally got round to introducing molly to you all. shes 5 months old and is supposed to be a miniature doodle, but shes currently 19" and 15kg! i would imagine shes going to be more medium sized when fully grown. shes a lovely dog and full of mischief! she loves nothing better than to sneek into pockets and steal hankies when your not looking. And to dig in the garden and find bulbs to destroy. She loves playing with other dogs (even if they dont want to). Her recall needs a bit of work when shes around other dogs, slowly but surely we'll get there.

heres some pics of her from when she was small till now.

john ford

Re: heres molly!

Post by john ford » 18 Feb 2011, 14:15

she looks great loverly colour

Suzi

Post by Suzi » 18 Feb 2011, 14:36

Ahhhh! She looks lovely. Is she chocolate?

Roxie's a miniature too, but she was the smallest in the litter. She's 7 months old, 17 inches tall and 12.7kg at the mo. Her sister is 19 inches tall. I know that cos my sister has her. They're only called 'miniature' cos one of their parents is a miniature poodle - in Roxie's case her dad was an apricot miniture poodle - not because they'll be miniature. Afterall they have a labrador parent. I expected Roxie to be medium in size, like Milo is, who's on this forum, but I think she's going to be quite small.
Suzi

stuandrach

Post by stuandrach » 18 Feb 2011, 14:46

yeah shes chocolate, but with a bit grey mixed in. is this normal with labradoodles? she has grey mostly down the middle of her back which is mixed in with her chocolate hair.
Thanks i was getting a bit confused with the classing of size. Mollys parents were both labradoodles her father was bread with a miniature poodle but her mother was full size. i suppose it makes sense she will be a bit bigger. her breeder thought she'd end up the size of her father.

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 Feb 2011, 14:55

She is a little sweetheart! Looking forward to hearing more about her as she grows up :D

There are breeders of miniature doodles - they have been bred for a few generations so they are "real" miniatures - somewhere around 14" - 16" I think (I expect a breeder of miniatures will be along soon to explain it all better). From what I've seen, when the miniature poodle is first introduced into the cross the size of the puppies seems to vary hugely and it's pretty hard to predict how big they will grow.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 18 Feb 2011, 15:56

Aww she's beautiful and reminds me of Claire's Bruno :D

I have a miniature :oops: who was supposed to be 15" to the shoulder and she is 19" and weighs 15kg :roll: She is quite a bit smaller than a standard though and she definitely has the labrador body - erring on the side of chubby! She's on a bit of a diet at the moment, well I've cut her food down by a quarter!! Her coat is very soft and rather curly :D

Glenda
ImageImage

ImageImage

mydood

Post by mydood » 18 Feb 2011, 16:51

She's lovely!

My boy is also a 'miniature' F1, half brother to Roxie and a few others here. I agree there is a huge variation because of the mix and a do get the odd funny look when i describe him as a miniature (sometimes i just leave that bit out!) :oops:
He is only 5 1/2 months, 14.5 kg and 18inches but also very well covered too! so more of a lab body i would think. I would love to know how big he will end up though!
Our boy Denver

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 18 Feb 2011, 16:58

Hello and welcome to you and Molly. She looks a little treasure. Treacle is 2 yrs 10 mths now and her recall is excellent when she is on her own but can be hit or miss when she spies other dogs. ( They do have a selective hearing problem these Doodles :lol: ) Just wants to play but can be embarrassing at times :oops: . She has light coloured bits through her coat too, mainly on her legs and face. Looking forward to seeing more photos as she grows. Have lots of fun with her.

TREACLE

helenahigson

Post by helenahigson » 18 Feb 2011, 18:41

:D Lovely pics!!! I have Bailey who was supposed to br a minature F!b. His mum was a standard Labradoodle and dad a toy poodle. He was the only cream in alitter of 10!! and by far twice the size of all the chocolate ones!! He's around 26kg and a very round tight curled medium height bundle of fluff!!! Lovely. :lol: Very laid back!!
ImageImageImageImage

Clare

Post by Clare » 18 Feb 2011, 19:14

Lovely pictures of Molly. I have Pebbles who is two and also loves nothing more than stealing tissues from a pocket. She is an ASD but apparently a medium. She is 17 " and 11.8 kg.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5010/535 ... 8365_m.jpg

Clare and Pebbles

Suzi

Post by Suzi » 18 Feb 2011, 19:20

Helen - a standard labradoodle mating with a toy poodle!!!! Blimey!! People look amazed when I tell them that Roxie's mum was a labrador and her dad a miniature poodle, but a toy poodle's tiny and standard labradoodles can be so big!!! Wow!

Roxie has got silver hairs periodically down her back. There is also little bits on her side and even a few strands on her ears! I don't know if more will grow as she gets older. The side of her beard is beginning to go brown too. Her sister is jet black, but she looks a very dark brown in some lights. I'd like her to grow a little bit more. At 17 inches she seems quite small to me. When do they stop growing?
Suzi

Meraline

Post by Meraline » 21 Feb 2011, 18:02

Hi,Lovely pics I have some pics on flicker site but how did you get pics not just url files extensions would love to know how!