INTRODUCING OZZY (Officially!)

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Kirstie & Murphy

Re: INTRODUCING OZZY (Officially!)

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 27 May 2011, 23:17

Lovely to hear that Ozzy has settled in well, he's very cute :D
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

groover

Post by groover » 28 May 2011, 01:06

Hi Ozzy

so pleased your liking your new home and also that your being very very good for your new mummy. Auntie Jackie will be sooooooo proud of you.

Glad you love your crate. Its a great place to take yourself off to if your feeling sleepy. I liked mine to and spent many a happy hour in there, dreaming of chasing rabbits.

Your new human family look lovely. they have been very excited waiting on you coming home. Once your a bit bigger I'm sure you'll have hour of fun playing with the boys.

As for the car. I know its a bit scary, but Its fine honest. My mum took me out to the car a few times and just sat me in it and gave me some treats and a toy to play with. She didn't start it up at first, just got me used to being in it. Then she just did very short journeys (a few car lengths) and gradually built it up. I am now so quiet in the car, she panics sometime and thinks she's forgotten to bring me :lol:

looking forward to more pictures

Herbie xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

We heart Daisy!

Post by We heart Daisy! » 28 May 2011, 13:10

Oh he's absolutely scrumptious! So pleased he's home and enjoying family life! When Daisy was that size we all used to just stare at her, we were so smitten :lol: Sounds like you're enjoying every minute...
We use a crate for travelling in the car. When she was very young we put a blanket over the top to make her feel a little more secure and that seemed to work really well.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend with your new addition :D
Karen

xxLouxx

Post by xxLouxx » 28 May 2011, 22:00

Thank you for all your kind comments. As you can see, my kitchen floor has now become my new livingroom :lol: Everyone who visits ends up sitting on my kitchen floor :shock:

Today was another little test for Ozzy as my son had a football match this morning. Due to Ozzy not yet receiving his 2nd set of jags we had to leave him at home. He popped into his crate quite happily. We left him some water and returned 3 hrs later (once he has had his vaccines he will come everywhere with us!) and he was as happy as larry. No accidents at all today and has even been going to back door when he has needed taken out. As you can see from pics, he has quickly become a local celebrity and is socializing extremely well with all the local (well behaved!) children who now refer to him as the 'chocolate box dog'. We utterly adore him.. :lol:

IMG_1656 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_1649 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_1646 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_1680 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_1679 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_1674 by marlouc, on Flickr
IMG_4101 by marlouc, on Flickr

Sarah Bevan

Post by Sarah Bevan » 29 May 2011, 09:09

Sounds like ozzy is settling well, can I ask- how old was ozzy when you bought him home? Getting a puppy after summer so very interested in other peoples experiences.
Sarah and Jessie

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 29 May 2011, 09:22

Gorgeous! Ozzy looks like he's settling in great! :-)
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

xxLouxx

Post by xxLouxx » 29 May 2011, 09:41

Sarah Bevan wrote:Sounds like ozzy is settling well, can I ask- how old was ozzy when you bought him home? Getting a puppy after summer so very interested in other peoples experiences.
Hi Sarah, Ozzy was nearly 10weeks when we brought him home. We could have got him the previous week but we had a couple of previously arranged events which took us away from house. We wanted to make sure that when Ozzy came home we were with him 24/7 for the first few days. You must be very excited re: getting your pup. We loved the buildup to ooze's arrival and this forum has been extremely helpful!! Keep us posted :wink:
X