depressed

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
john ford

depressed

Post by john ford » 05 Jul 2011, 14:51

how can you tell if dogs depressed all hes done since got back is sleep he went out this mornin and had a good play with a couple of labs now he is fast asleep .He as always been layed back i just hope he is not depressed or board with us as owners.

millysmum

Re: depressed

Post by millysmum » 05 Jul 2011, 15:03

Hi

I worry about this too but was told by someone who knows more about dogs than me that we should not interpret their expressions as if they are human. If they were depressed, she said, they would be off their food and they would avoid eye contact with us, apparently.

I'm sure someone else will have more to add.

Lynne
Image Image

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 05 Jul 2011, 15:11

Hi

I don't know anything about depression in dogs, but do you think it could be to do with the weather?

When we got back from the show on Saturday, all Polo wanted to do following his walks, was sleep (same on Sunday), very out of character, and it's still very warm here now.

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 05 Jul 2011, 15:17

Bella is exactly the same! She seems exhausted and is not at all her usual lively self. I do think that it's a combination of the hot weather and also they are worn out from last weekend at Catton Hall. She is not eating all of her breakfast but polishes off her evening meal, perhaps because it's cooler by then?

On the other hand - perhaps he is depressed because he's missing Bella :lol: :lol:
Jean & Bella xxx

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 05 Jul 2011, 15:55

John I doubt if hes depressed,its just a tiredness hangover from the weekend.Liz is only awake to walk and eat.LOL

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 05 Jul 2011, 15:58

I'm sure it is tiredness, when you think how much they usually lounge around and sleep during the day, and they didn't do any of that at the weekend. I feel pretty exhausted myself!

Or maybe he wants you to get him a playmate :lol: ?
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 05 Jul 2011, 18:12

Agree with the others it's tiredness. Freddie and Barney have been having a very short play then flake out for the rest of the day.

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 05 Jul 2011, 18:32

Hiya... I'm sure your gorgeous boy is just tierd after all the high jinx at the weekend - plus the heat hasn't helped. Stella and Bailey have pretty much slept since Sunday too. I've been telling everyone about Dexter - he's soooo big and how he just kept popping into the caravan to say hello whenever he got the chance - love him to bits :mrgreen: you're lucky we didn't 'dognap' him :wink:

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 05 Jul 2011, 18:54

liverbird wrote:Hiya... I'm sure your gorgeous boy is just tierd after all the high jinx at the weekend - plus the heat hasn't helped. Stella and Bailey have pretty much slept since Sunday too. I've been telling everyone about Dexter - he's soooo big and how he just kept popping into the caravan to say hello whenever he got the chance - love him to bits :mrgreen: you're lucky we didn't 'dognap' him :wink:
Actually Jill, YOU'RE lucky David didn't dognap Bailey :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jean & Bella xxx