never had a dog before

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
cazliken

never had a dog before

Post by cazliken » 03 Oct 2012, 10:13

Never had a dog before but soooo glad we choose a labradoodle. Our gorgeous pup was born 28th Jan, and came to us at 9 wks, so he's now 8months old. His mother was a black lab and father a black poodle, I think he's a labrasmoothie or a scrufie, smooth with a wavey line down his back, black with a few grey specs on his eyebrows,a ginger beard( what's that all about ) he's got poodle legs that look like they've been pluged into an electrical socket, someone once said he should have been born in the 70's because he looks like he's wearing flares.
We let the kids choose his name and at the time they were obsessed with the tv programme I Carley with there fave character being a cheeky boy called Gibby.
Gibby has brought so much happiness to our lives, I think if we had got a different breed we wouldn't have coped so well, but it's as if he knows we don't know what we're doing and he teaches us. We got through the toilet training,mouthin, jumping up when we come in, and general naughtiness all with Gibbys leadership and is now near perfect, just need to master the sloppy poops and recall, we only let him of the lead in the dog park, 8 out of 10 times he will come back but not brave enough to let him off anywhere else yet.The doodle dashes are now once a week instead of once a day and they no longer involve the furniture just the lenghth of the lounge or garden and we love watching them, his eyes go white his ears go so far back you can hardly see them and he runs faster than his greyhound friends and everybody gets out of the way.
I only work weekends so it's me and gibs most of the time and I've become a real dog bore, every 1 knows not to bother asking me about the kids or hubby any more just " how's the dog " .
Right that's me done , just felt a bit of a fraud reading all about every 1 else's best friends and gathering up all the advice that's given has been a godsend and I'm sure has a lot to do with Gibby being so perfect so a Big thanks xx

julieju

Re: never had a dog before

Post by julieju » 03 Oct 2012, 10:23

I've become a real dog bore, every 1 knows not to bother asking me about the kids or hubby any more just " how's the dog " .
:lol: :lol: Sounds familiar!! :lol: :lol:

Hello and welcome to the forum from us. Gibby sounds lovely - we will need to see a photo very soon please! Looking forward to hearing more about him. :D

xx
Julie and Aero xx

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 03 Oct 2012, 10:40

Lovely story, pics please.

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 03 Oct 2012, 10:42

Big welcome from me and Alfie! We are all doodle obsessed so you will fit in perfectly!! :lol: We do love photos though x

Lindsey and Alfie x

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 03 Oct 2012, 10:47

He he! Welcome. PICTURE! I want to see the flares. NOW.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 03 Oct 2012, 10:58

Welcome to you and gibby and what a good choice you made for your first dog.
I have had lots of dogs over the years and loved them all (obviously) but I have to say when I got my first labradoodle (pixie) I was completely bowled over and I have never had the same breed twice but 18months later got another labradoodle (jazz a Mini) and life is hectic - fun- chaotic- fun -messy-fun-wet- smelly - fun ohh and did I mention fun !
If you get chance to go to any doodle meets or the briliant doodlefest (2013) - then go because they are excellent and you get to put faces to all the dogs and hoomans.
Please put some piccies on soon
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jolono

Post by Jolono » 03 Oct 2012, 11:06

Hi Pixies mum!
What is the doodlefest 2013 that you mention? Sounds exciting :D
From Chester and family

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 03 Oct 2012, 11:26

Hi, my Bruno is a lab / std poodle mix and looks like he's been split in half! He's like a shaggy Labradoodle from his nose to his shoulders, with a type of lions mane, (complete with frizzy flares) and the back end is so smooth, he could be a Labrador!!
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 03 Oct 2012, 11:29

Hi from Phoebe and me! Gibby sounds wonderful - was his dad a standard or a miniature? How big is he? Pix please.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 03 Oct 2012, 11:36

hello from us :) Gibby sounds adorable :D
Dawn & Luna x

McDoodle

Post by McDoodle » 03 Oct 2012, 11:44

Our feller is a similar age (born 3rd Feb 2012) and therefore 8 months old this week - and you are right loads of people as me how the dog is before anything else. These wonderful doodle dogs know what life is about and they enjoy it to the full.

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 03 Oct 2012, 11:51

Hi & Welcome from us :D . Gibby sounds adorable. Looking forward to seeing a photo. :D

Here's a great guide on how to load photo's, Originally posted by Tillytubbie
http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... =1&t=23755
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Oct 2012, 12:08

Hi there -welcome from us too! Gibby sounds a real gem of a dood! :D :D

Re the food, sometimes feeding them too much food can give them sloppy poos, or maybe his food doesn't really agree with him :|
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 03 Oct 2012, 12:14

Awww that's lovely. I'm so glad you're so happy with your Gibby. Paddy is my first dog and I can echo your sentiments. Don't forget the piccies.
ImageImage

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 03 Oct 2012, 16:02

Welcome to the forum - yep we are all doodle obsessed. My husband tells everyone i love Lara (my first dog) more than him :lol:

Piccys please - Gibby sounds like the perfect dog :D
Alison & Lara