New Doodle to the site

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Jo H

New Doodle to the site

Post by Jo H » 21 May 2007, 16:34

Hi,
My name is Jo and my husband and I have a beautiful 12 week old F2 black Doodle called Sophie.

I have always had toy poodles before but my husband has always been used to bigger dogs and as I didnt want a poodle quite as big as a standard one a Doodle seemed to be the obvious choice.

When we picked Sophie (or should I say, when she picked us) :D she had one of the smallest set of paws in the litter (she came from a family of 13), well she has started as she means to go on! She lead us into a false sense of security because now her paws are MASSIVE! When we brought her home (at 6 weeks old), she was the same size as our toy poodle Roxxy (who is 13 years old and has every ailment under the sun), now Sophie towers above her and she knows it. When she wants something she just pushes Roxxy aside bodily. Her nick name is Big Bear. :shock:

Sophie is so cheeky and loving, although she tries our patience when out and about with her. She has decided she doesn't much like going for a walk at the moment because not everyone wants to stop and tell her how gorgeous she is (usually school children), you can see the look on her face as if to say "why don't they stop and admire me like all the others do?"

She has been toilet trained since a couple of days we brought her home and has been trained to sit on command. We are working on the lie down command but she goes from sit to roll over and rub my belly (she loves that).

She loves playing with my father in laws giant German Shephard and has made friends with a tiny Bichon Frise puppy. She just loves everyone and everything she meets.

We live in the Preston, Lancs area and if there are any other Doodles out there that live around us it would be grate to meet up.

I would post a pic of her but don't know how to on this site. Any advice on this would be helpful.

Jo[/img]
Jo

jelly

hi

Post by jelly » 21 May 2007, 17:21

Hi welcome
im sure there will be a doodle meet in your area sometime Sophie sounds lovely but at 6 weeks old was far to young to be leaving her mum and litter mates doesnt sound like a good breeder :(

frosty

Post by frosty » 21 May 2007, 17:56

Hiya Jo

Welcome to the site...

We are having another NW doodle meet on the 10th June in Southport (Ainsdale Beach)....be good to meet you and Sophie if you can make it!!!
"The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues."

grainne

Post by grainne » 21 May 2007, 23:22

how exciting!!

all sounds lovely, it does sound as if you're going to have a massive dood on your hands though!

hope your "big bear" is settling in nicely and your enjoying all the puppyness!

xxx

Jo H

Post by Jo H » 22 May 2007, 08:32

Hi Jelly
In answer to your comment, the place we got Sophie from has an excellent reputation, we know someone who got a Doodle from them last year and he is doing great. The reason we got her at 6 weeks old is because her mother had 13 in her litter and the mother ran out of milk after 3 weeks :( . Sophie was vet checked and we got a letter to say that she was fit and well and able to leave the litter. We wouldn't have taken her so soon had it not been ok to do so. She came back to our home and bonded with my toy poodle (who doesnt take lightly to other dogs) and she has gone from strength to strength since. :D
Jo

Jo H

Post by Jo H » 22 May 2007, 08:34

Hi Frosty

If you give me more details then we will be there with bells on :D

Thanx
Jo

GUNNER

Re: New Doodle to the site

Post by GUNNER » 22 May 2007, 09:22

Jo H wrote: I would post a pic of her but don't know how to on this site. Any advice on this would be helpful.
Jo
She sounds adorable Jo, as for pics go to http://www.photobucket.com open account, upload your pics from computer, then copy and paste img code onto the forum when you post :D

Jo H

Post by Jo H » 22 May 2007, 10:03

Thanx Gunner, Hope Ive done this right, hopefully you will now see two pics of Sophie that were taken when she was 8 weeks old. Will upload more pics when I send them to my works computer from my home computer.
YES, WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!! :D

Last edited by Jo H on 22 May 2007, 10:17, edited 2 times in total.
Jo

frosty

Post by frosty » 22 May 2007, 10:16

Ooops not worked.....

Download your images into the photobucket account and then copy the img code full link and paste it on here...

We meet on the beach at 12 noon on the Sun 10th June.

Ainsdale Discovery centre Complex
The Promenade
Shore Road
Ainsdale-on-Sea
Southport
PR8 2QB
"The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues."

Jo H

Post by Jo H » 22 May 2007, 10:33

Thanx for info Frosty.

Pics of Sophie finally worked. She is 4 times bigger than that now though :lol:
Jo

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 22 May 2007, 10:33

Sophie is gorgeous :D :D

debs43

Post by debs43 » 22 May 2007, 10:36

what a little sweetie, congratulations

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 22 May 2007, 11:00

She's beautiful - congratulations :D !!

Jo H

Post by Jo H » 22 May 2007, 11:12

Thank you, can't take any of the credit for her being gorgeous though :D

Everyone stops to tell her she is gorgeous but she doesn't need telling, she knows it already and tries to get away with murder!
It takes ages to try and go for a walk.

I sometimes think she only goes to sleep to grow. She grows length ways and the up. At the moment her back legs seem to be a bit longer than the front. Its been funny watching her grow over the last 6 weeks. First she couldn't get over the little fence we had around our grass (we hoped she would use the stones and flags to do her stuff), now she just clears the fence no problem :?

Do any other Doodles like to demolish flowers? She has a thing about making a bee line for them, destroying them and then having an innocent look on her face as though she hasn't touched them (even when she has tulips hanging out of her mouth.

My husband has decided his beautiful garden will have to remain bare this year until we can train her not to touch! lol
Jo

Anne

Post by Anne » 23 May 2007, 15:52

Since bringing Duff home our back garden resembles something from Steptoe and son!Everything is chewed and muddy.There is no grass left and there are bits of old chewed toys and stuff.I think we might soon be on one of those Britains worsed gardens tv shows :lol: :roll: I suppose Chelsea is off for us this year! :lol: Baby Sophie is beautiful.Lots of fun ahead. :D