please to meet you all

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
markm40

please to meet you all

Post by markm40 » 26 Jun 2015, 10:30

hi ever one well we was thinking of getting a family dog to go with are zoo (well i was not so much the other half )

but won her over in the end but what breed to go saw a add for a labradoodle read and read and read up on the breed as we have kids to think off as well,
wanted a breed that dose better with kids

what can i say " WOOKIE " are new family member is fantastic only been with us for 3 week now settling in great eats like a horse lol

but trying to work out how big he will get as the vet has told us he will be bigger than a lab (other half,s jaw drops )

we went for wookie ( star wars) named by me big kid really :)

hes a Mother is Kc registerd black lab and the father is a miniature apricot he is now 12 weeks and 2 days today and at 5kg any thoughts ??

Image Image Image

jackieholmes19

Re: please to meet you all

Post by jackieholmes19 » 26 Jun 2015, 10:51

Welcome! He's gorgeous :D I would have thought that with a miniature poodle as a parent, that he'd be smaller than a lab, but you never can tell with these doods- they like to surprise us! :lol:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

markm40

Post by markm40 » 26 Jun 2015, 13:48

hi thank you hes such a great guy i was thinking the same but vet said he has very long legs he stands 10 inches to shoulder at 12 weeks

we are from the march Cambridgeshire area any one from around here ?

be great to pick hints and tips up :) :lol:

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 26 Jun 2015, 17:26

Puppy! Puppy!.......lucky you!

I don't think he will be ginormous. My Coco (same type of parents as yours) was 5.25 kg at 12 weeks and now measures 14.5kg and about 17/18" with a slight build. I expect Wookie will be similar. Labs weigh a lot more and start at about 20" high.

Enjoy......
X

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 26 Jun 2015, 21:23

It's very hard to predict size, Oscar was the product of a standard mum and a miniature dad, he's now 26kg, but it really doesn't matter about the size as long as your sofa is big enough :lol: :lol: .

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 26 Jun 2015, 22:10

Yes, my thoughts are..... Hello, Wookie, you're gorgeous!! :D

With a miniature Dad, I wouldn't have thought he'd get to be huge... but with Doods, you never can tell (I guess your research told you that!) One tip I learned was that whilst they still have a 'knobbly' knuckle on their front legs, they still have growing to do - when the joint becomes smooth, they've done growing.

Whatever size they grow to, they're wonderful dogs - but they do need to know their boundaries, so don't let a pup get away with anything you wouldn't want an adult to do... :wink:

Looking forward to hearing more about little Wookie as he grows!
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Bid

Post by Bid » 26 Jun 2015, 22:59

Welcome from us :-)

Wookie sounds quite tiny to me - maybe your vet didn't realise there was a miniature in there. My very petite standard girl Poppy was 8kg at 12 weeks (she is 16kg and 21" as an adult). My large doodle (25" and 36kg) was 11kg at 12 weeks, so I don't think your better half needs to panic just yet :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

markm40

Post by markm40 » 27 Jun 2015, 00:09

I do mind at all he can get as big as he likes in my book went for are first off the lead walk to day played feach he did great brings back his ball all the time great dog started training classes for him last week so fingers crossed

All ready knows sit, stay (ish) come, heal, working very hard on lay down at the min wookie said is doing great was just thinking what he would be like but he's part of the family now ;)

linny

Post by linny » 27 Jun 2015, 10:47

Welcome from us too. :)
I don't think he will be too big but as you say "he's one of the family now" and you already realize just how clever these doods are.
Great that you have started puppy classes that's the secret with doods they need to keep their minds occupied so training is a must do. :)
He's very cute...welcome Wookie and family

markm40

Post by markm40 » 30 Jul 2015, 23:36

hi update on wookie hes now 3 months and 29days now 9 kgs and great dog happy little guy just finish the first course of training classes,
move up next week to hour long training classes now seems to love it puppy training need to keep him very busy,

had his first groom cant wait to see what size he will grown into at nearly 4 months old hes 14 inches to the shoulder and 9kg

dont think he will grown much more ???

but has doubled his wight so looking forward to find out :)

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 31 Jul 2015, 12:33

My Rigby is a mini and at 2 years old is 11.4kg and 18 inches to the shoulder. He seemed to stop growing somewhere between 1 and 1.5 years but in the last few months he's filled our nicely and put on 1kg although he's not fatter if you see what I mean. So quite a bit of growing to go yet for your wee fella!
ImageImage

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 31 Jul 2015, 13:44

Oscar2011 wrote:It's very hard to predict size, Oscar was the product of a standard mum and a miniature dad, he's now 26kg, but it really doesn't matter about the size as long as your sofa is big enough :lol: :lol: .

Oscar & hoomans.
I would definitely say, you are right with that you need a big sofa, Harley can completely fill our 3 seater when he spreads out.
ImageImage

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 31 Jul 2015, 13:47

He is lovely, reminds me so much of Harley when he was tiny, but Harley is massive now, :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 31 Jul 2015, 15:46

aw he's lovely

Hello Wookie

Lulu was the same Wookie's parentage and she is nearly 14kgs and around 17" high, so a nice size.

but hey who knows.

Looking forward to hearing Wookies stories and lots of pictures
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Aug 2015, 19:53

We're up in NE Derbyshire, but there is a Norfolk Doodlers group which meets up at Winterton and Wells (and has recently had a Meet at/near the UEA) if you're interested... They are on Facebook. Our East Midland Doodle Meet group recently joined up with them for a Meet at Wells-next-the-Sea and they're a very friendly bunch! :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x