New Doodle Owner

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
porteri

New Doodle Owner

Post by porteri » 04 Oct 2015, 20:22

Hi,

just thought I would introduce myself given that I will probably be here for advice...... a lot :D

we get our new puppy in 3 weeks, just been to see him today and we think he is pretty cute obviously biased.

going to attempt to post a few pics of Rusty, he is supposed to be a mini but not too sure :-) here goes

hopefully these work

let me know what you think

Bid

Re: New Doodle Owner

Post by Bid » 04 Oct 2015, 20:37

I think he's adorable! :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 04 Oct 2015, 21:39

Looks beautiful and looking forward to more pics and hearing his stories
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

porteri

Post by porteri » 04 Oct 2015, 22:15

Thanks Guys,

going to be a really long 3 weeks but I am sure the wait will be worth it. will post more pics when he arrives home :D

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 05 Oct 2015, 07:54

Gorgeous! Welcome to the mad world of doodles :lol:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Lawsyd

Post by Lawsyd » 05 Oct 2015, 08:31

Congratulations. As one who is just a few weeks ahead of you as a new doodle owner can I suggest that you have just signed up to:-

The new greatest love of your life.
Early morning canine alarm calls - the first time your new doodle gives you a full night of sleep (or even close to) will be as big a milestone as when a human baby does the same.
Toys everywhere in your house, because whatever doodle was playing with 5 minutes ago will now be boring.
Increased use of Facebook, because all those Facebook 'friends', who you never see anyway, are just dying to see some more photos of your pride & joy - two days after the last lot you posted.
Absolute pride the first time you take him out in public.
Absolute terror the first few times you are out, because that rotty / staffy / lurcher, etc, looks hungry...
Total devotion - in both directions.

And all that will take place in your first six weeks or so of ownership!!

Have fun.

porteri

Post by porteri » 05 Oct 2015, 09:58

thank you,

Cant wait to take him for walks and meet up with other mad doodles :) always a bit worried about the hungry dogs out there, we lost our dog of 14 years 8 months ago, he was a big lad but always had that in the back of our minds when out for walks.

we have 2 kids so the house is mad and a mess already, looking forward to adding to the mess, the joys of kids and a puppy.

going out this weekend to buy some puppy stuff, no doubt spend a fortune but sure it be well worth it.

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 05 Oct 2015, 19:32

He is gorgeous.
ImageImage

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 05 Oct 2015, 20:00

He's a handsome young fella! :D
Don't forget good supply of wine when you go out to buy the puppy stuff.
It's essential!!
Have fun :lol:

Sue x
ImageImage]

porteri

Post by porteri » 30 Oct 2015, 20:17

Hi Everyone, just a little update, got the little fella last week, its been a fun week with the crying all night on nights 1 & 2, glad to report thats stopped now phew :)

one quick question, how do I get him to stop chewing all things made of wood, my table and a few chairs have not been the same lol

toilet training is going well, most toilet breaks happen on the training pads, at 8.5 weeks he is 4kg so no idea what size he is going to be but looking forward to finding out :-) 2nd jags this week so can't wait to take him out for some fun filled walks soon after. I've attached a couple of pics.

Lawsyd

Post by Lawsyd » 30 Oct 2015, 20:33

porteri, as I said in an earlier post on this thread we are a few weeks ahead of you. I'll let others answer some of the behavioural points, but as regards to weight we collected Sooty when she was 9 weeks & 1 day. At 9 weeks 2 days we had her in the vets for first injections & weighing - she weighed 4.2 kilos. Earlier this evening Sooty was back at the vet for her latest worming & weighing (she is now 18 weeks & 2 days) & weighed in at 12.6 kilos. Like humans, I have no doubt that doodles grow at different rates, but you will see that Sooty is putting on approximately a kilo a week at the moment.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 31 Oct 2015, 01:21

Hello! Wow, little Rusty is lovely... It's amazing how quickly your life changes once a wee puppy comes along. He's a lucky little chap to have two children of his very own!
We used a play pen for both our doods, so they couldn't get up to mischief when we weren't there to supervise them. I know that some people have used a citrus spray on their treasured wooden items, to protect them...
Remember to take lots of photos (and videos) because they grow up so quickly. :)
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 04 Nov 2015, 16:59

He is so cute and love hes color,enjoy him cause they grow up much too quick.
ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 05 Nov 2015, 12:11

Rusty is gorgeous, making me broody. We used citronella to stop the chewing of tables, chairs and skirting boards. Get down on your hands and knees and rub it everywhere puppy can get to. I think it will put most dogs off = and reapply regularly.
ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 05 Nov 2015, 23:18

are you a photographer by any chance. Your photos are lovely - so clear and sharp.
ImageImage