Help. I can't find a local breeder

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
loolypyloo

Help. I can't find a local breeder

Post by loolypyloo » 29 Oct 2015, 08:03

Hello to all labradoodles and their owners

I live in Letchworth, Hertfordshire and I'm looking for breeders close by to me that are looking at having a litter early or late next year.
I have emailed 4/5 breeders from the list provided from this club but only 1 has got back to me. They do sound wonderful and hope to visit soon but feel I should visit a few breeders with their dogs to make a thoroughly informed decision.
Are there any breeders out there that tick my boxes?

From a very hopeful, soon to be labradoodle mummy

Lisa xxx

Ben

Re: Help. I can't find a local breeder

Post by Ben » 29 Oct 2015, 21:59

Hi.

Try looking on FB, Labradoodle Puppy Finder or the blog site.

Ianto!

Re: Help. I can't find a local breeder

Post by Ianto! » 30 Oct 2015, 19:42

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum - and good luck with your search for a doodle pup! Do you know what sort of dood you would prefer? The UK doodles (straight cross between lab and poodle) tend to be quite boisterous and mischievous, whereas the Australian doodles tend to be more laid back and a little calmer... (Note I said 'tend' as doodles are real individuals! :wink: ) Also, there are various sizes - labradonkeys, standards, medium and miniatures - although with multi-generation doods, you can more or less guarantee size, with earlier generations they can vary even within the same litter!

You need to look at whether it is important or not to have a dood which sheds or doesn't shed too much... Despite what people say, doodles can (and some do) shed, whether on the kitchen floor or into their own coat! :) Check out the Doodle Trust on FB or their website for more info on them...

You may need to travel a little further afield to find your ideal doodle, but as you are going to have your new family member (hopefully) for at least 12 - 15 years, it's worth 'going the extra mile' to make sure you get the perfect one!

Looking forward to hearing about your new addition!

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x