Hi from a newbie

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
goldenboy

Hi from a newbie

Post by goldenboy » 14 Dec 2016, 09:40

Hi , I am new to the forum and I have a two year old Golden-doodle boy called Harvey.His mum was a doodle and his dad was a tall very calm Standard poodle.So Harvey is three quarters poodle and has the poodle curly coat. He is the soppiest dog I have ever owned and loves his cuddles and ear rubs and any fuss he can get.When he wakes up and gets going, ( he likes his sleep and not an early riser ) he has the joie de vivre. He loves people, children, other dogs and just about everything. Oh, and I think he was a cat in his previous life as he rubs his head around my thighs just like a cat ! Does any other doodles on here do that ?
I look forward to reading the posts and getting advice and maybe getting to know other doodle owners on the forum.

marymuffin

Re: Hi from a newbie

Post by marymuffin » 14 Dec 2016, 10:16

Hello, and yes Dexter is always rubbing up and around and through legs usually because he is excited to say hello and is trying not to jump!! Problem is 32kg of doodle leaning on legs can topple smaller people over. H and D

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 14 Dec 2016, 17:16

Dude does this too in an attempt not to jump up! While he's doing it he makes excited snorty noises and does a kind of grin showing his teeth!
Some new visitors think he wants to bite them but he's actually being a very good boy and resisting the temptation to lick them! :lol: Anny

Bid

Post by Bid » 16 Dec 2016, 09:22

Welcome to you & Harvey! My poodley doodle does the same thing when greeting peolpe - she does it really had and practically knocks people over sometimes!

We'd love to see some photos of Harvey! :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

goldenboy

Post by goldenboy » 16 Dec 2016, 17:44

Bid wrote:Welcome to you & Harvey! My poodley doodle does the same thing when greeting peolpe - she does it really had and practically knocks people over sometimes!

We'd love to see some photos of Harvey! :D :D

Ive not known any other type of dog do this, must be a doodle thing, :lol Not sure how to upload a photo on this site , can you give me an idea what to do please. x

linny

Post by linny » 18 Dec 2016, 20:40

:) Welcome from us too :)
For adding pics. Open a photo bucket account , upload pics from your pc to the bucket. Choose the pic that you want post.
To the right of each pic there are info bars click on the IMG bar ...it will flash yellow to tell you it's copied then paste into you messenger box on here.
Look forward to seeing Harvey.

Bren

Post by Bren » 18 Dec 2016, 22:48

Hi welcome from us too. Yes Ziggy & Bowie do this too. Bowie also likes to rub his face from one end of the couch to the other if I'm not watching him. I'm sure that you will find this a very friendly and helpful site as I know I have done over the years.
Take care look forward to seeing pics. :) :)

Bee Ziggy & Bowie,x

goldenboy

Post by goldenboy » 21 Dec 2016, 23:29

Hi Linny, Thanks for the instructions for uploading a photo ,hope I have done it right. This is Harvey just after being groomed in the summer , I like to keep him shorter in the summer months to keep him cool.photo has come out a bit large.
Last edited by goldenboy on 21 Dec 2016, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

goldenboy

Post by goldenboy » 21 Dec 2016, 23:39

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 22 Dec 2016, 17:15

What a stunning boy. Could be my Tessy's brother. Welcome to the site. Xx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

stout

Post by stout » 22 Dec 2016, 19:55

Hello! Stout leans his head on your legs for fuss, he will also try to push you over but sticking his head by your hip then pushing you with his shoulders if you crouch down to give him fuss (often manages with me!).

He is definitely 30kg of lap dog!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Brooks13

Post by Brooks13 » 23 Dec 2016, 09:14

Hello! Harvey is beautiful! I also have a nine month Golden-doodle called Bee (she looks a lot like Harvey but not as tidy!).

She likes to rub her head on my knees and lick ears at any opportunity! :shock:

Actually, she has her Christmas groom this afternoon. I'm going to show the groomer the picture of Harvey. We're still experimenting a bit with styles and I love her coat long but I spend a lot of time removing mats and other things that have tangles in it!

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 23 Dec 2016, 12:41

Beautiful boy! Dude was due at groomers last week but we had to cancel. He's already v shaggy but she can't see him til 6th Feb! :shock: Imagine what he's going to look like :lol: So far Ive trimmed his paws and Seb has cut through the curly puffiness to reveal eyes!! :roll: Anny

goldenboy

Post by goldenboy » 23 Dec 2016, 18:41

Brooks13 wrote:Hello! Harvey is beautiful! I also have a nine month Golden-doodle called Bee (she looks a lot like Harvey but not as tidy!).

She likes to rub her head on my knees and lick ears at any opportunity! :shock:

Actually, she has her Christmas groom this afternoon. I'm going to show the groomer the picture of Harvey. We're still experimenting a bit with styles and I love her coat long but I spend a lot of time removing mats and other things that have tangles in it!
He doesn't always look that tidy, that was the day I groomed him.
I love Harveys coat long to, but like you have the problem of mats and tangles so I tend to keep it short. I do let it grow a bit longer in the winter months. Hope the groomer you are going to approves of Harvey's cut as I do him myself. I was never pleased with the cuts he used to come back from the groomers with so decided to do it myself and also save a load of money. Would love to see a picture of Bee.