including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 07:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from beautiful North Wales
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017, 17:46 

Hi. First of all thank you for activating my account so quickly. My Name is Davey and I live in the beautiful, dog walking heaven that is North Wales, not too far from Snowdonia. I have a lovely family with a boy aged 11 and a girl aged 8. They have always begged my wife and I for a puppy and we have finally given in and starting on the complicated journey of picking a breed to welcome into our loving family. I was planning on getting a Cavachon after working at a job and I had the pleasure of the little pup hanging off my beard whilst trying to work. The main reason being that the owner said he was hypoallergenic and my wife has allergies to pets, mainly cats. This is the first time I have realised that it is possible to have such a breed because I am a novice. I am hoping to gain insight by you lovely people helping me through the maze of getting the right pup for us.
My boy Ollie has begged me to go for a Labradoodle and I must admit they look absolutely gorgeous. His demands are quite exact and I am looking for a golden Labradoodle if possible and we are planning to welcome a pup into our home at the start of the school summer holidays, July 21st.
I believe I'm looking for a F1-b and not too fussy on gender. Golden if possible with all the checks and registers in place. Am I being a bit fussy with the date? It's just so we can give the pup the ultimate attention in the beginning of it's time with us and I have a lot of jobs to do in the garden such as gates and fences. I don't mind traveling any where in the uk and the price isn't too important either. Any advice on well known breeders would be great and also the best way to get the pup home without distressing the poor little thing. Do you think we are going down the right track with the breed. We have a nice big garden and the beach is 2 minutes away and countryside everywhere. We are really excited about it and I can't believe my wife has agreed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Hello from beautiful North Wales
PostPosted: 01 May 2017, 09:58 

Hi Dave and family, sounds like you are in great dog walking country!
As regards getting a pup, Summer is best because you will be outside at all hours doing " house training" :roll: We got Dude in Aug 2013 ( he was born in June) I can't help you with breeders as we got him from friends.
Re the allergy issue, you can't be certain with Labradoodles although the poodly ones seem best. Our grown up daughter is allergic to cats and most dogs. She's fine with Dude who has a tight curly Poodle coat ( he is a multigenerational...which means his parents and both sets of grandparents are Labradoodles) Good luck with your search. There's lots of info on here to help you. Anny and Dude

PostPosted: 01 May 2017, 13:55 

Hello and welcome

I know North Wales reasonably well as I went to uni at Bangor many years ago. You are very lucky to live there.

If allergies are an issue, have you considered an Australian Labradoodle? They are bred to be allergy friendly, are throughly health tested and are very easy first time dog owner dogs. They also come in any size, mini, medium and large. They cost around £1500 though.

I have an F1 labradoodle and an Australian labradoodle so I speak a bit from experience. Our breeder was Tora's near Glasgow. They are highly recommended but a bit of a drive for you.

I have a friend with an F1b who turned out to shed and wasn't allergy friendly. It depends on how serious the allergy issue is. You don't always get what you expect with Labradoodles.

Here are some photos of my pups. The F1 is chocolate in colour.

Good luck with your search!

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 09:11 

I think you have to be lucky. Foods are not guaranteed not to shed. My Lulu is an f1 and doesn't shed like, say a lab or even a boxer. There is some hair coming out but if I brush her regularly it's not bad at all

Good luck

Ps sometimes you buy one colour and they can turn another colour

ImageImage

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 22:55 

Hello and welcome.

I know North Wales, very well, we are there every weekend, mainly walking along Black Rock sands with our Labradoodle, whom does shed a lot, unfortunately :lol:

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 20:37 

Allergies are not just caused by the hair it's often dander and saliva too.
Obviously some breeds are worse than others and with labradoodles and Golden Doodles there are no guarantees as they are, after all crossbreeds.
Standard poodles however shed very little and you don't have to clip them to show standard to have a very doodle looking dog (if clipped sensibly :wink: )