Archie

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
tonylees

Archie

Post by tonylees » 06 Jul 2017, 07:03

Hi Everyone

It has been quite a long time since I visited this site, we were looking for information and guidance on doodles and who would be a good breeder.

That was around 9 years ago now, we found our perfect doodle from Stone Cellars (Carol Shaw)... or should I say he picked us!

Unfortunately May this year was to be the worst month... 12th May we had to say good bye, our fantastic companion, friend, doodle, had been hit with lung cancer.

That was around 6 week back now, the house is so empty & quiet...we are just coming round to the realization that we can't live without a doodle around.

So I am back... looking for information. I don't think Stone cellars are around anymore. So who are the good breeders, what is the average price now (hate having to put a price on a family member, but thats life).

Thanks
Tony

Doodle Dee

Re: Archie

Post by Doodle Dee » 06 Jul 2017, 09:46

I can't help you with breeders but I am so sorry for your loss x
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 06 Jul 2017, 20:20

:( :( So sorry to hear your news :( Run free across the bridge Archie Doodle. :(

Have you considered getting a rescue Dood from the Trust?....the dogs need someone who understands the needs of a Doodle and most are there through no fault of their own. They do expect a donation but this goes towards caring for the dogs.
My best Doodle came from them....he was a challenge but such a character ...he soon took over our hearts. :)
The average price from a breeder varies but expect to pay £600 as an average .

Bid

Post by Bid » 08 Jul 2017, 00:20

So sorry :-( That is a beautiful photo of your dood <3

I don't know where you are in the country but if I were looking for a puppy now I would be in touch with Debbie at Cream of British ... http://creamofbritish-australianlabradoodles.com/
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

tonylees

Post by tonylees » 08 Jul 2017, 08:40

Thank yo u for the kind words.
We have thought about a rescue, and I would love to give a rescue dood a home, but the risks are high, we had a rescue dog previously that had issues. Logan was fantastic with us and the kids, extremely loyal and protective... but a little too protective and he hated men, to the point he would attack people as the walked past (no hackles, growling or warning).

I have been looking on pets4homes and found a few potentials, Swinhope currently have boy available.

linny

Post by linny » 09 Jul 2017, 09:55

Good luck :) ...Don't forget to post pics of your new boy....we look forward to meeting him. :)