Thank you for letting me join

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
derekH

Thank you for letting me join

Post by derekH » 26 Nov 2017, 17:24

Thank you for letting me join the group, I’ll tell you a bit about me my first dog I had in the late 1980’s a Collie cross, a scruffy dog called Tramp we had friends who called their dog Lady. Sadly after 12 years we lost Tramp and we were devastated around 18 months and 1 ½ inches on waistline it was time for another so the wife started her search. Eventually she found a Springer spaniel pup advertised and went to see him along with 5 workmates, the conditions he was living in were disgusting so she brought him home straight away I was at work and when I got home was met with “how much do you love me” well I’ve bought a pup, and so our relationship with Alfie was born.
Alfie was a difficult pup and he didn’t look like a springer he just kept growing eventually we decide he was a Flat coated Retriever, always naughty looking for food running off returning with someone’s shoe in his mouth chasing foxes but we loved him,because of his naughtiness we took him to training classes that was a joke most dogs finish the course in 6-8 weeks Alfie took 16 weeks but we loved him.His appetite for food was amazing he could smell chocolate at 15 yards and he loved Polo mints two moments of Alfiness he learned to open the fridge door and promptly emptied it of Cheese Ham Pork pie and Butter,the second moment of Alfieness concerns a 16 portion double chocolate cake he eat the lot including the packaging.
In July this year Alfie succumbed to old age he was almost 15,during his life we inherited another dog Barney who was company for the old boy however when Alfie had gone Barney lost his spark he’s a cairn terrier cross. So the decision was made another dog.
2 weeks ago we became the owners of a Labradoodle a Champagne boy who has got lots of Alfie in him,his name Freddy not Fred and Barney from the Flintstones but Freddy f**ty pants because that’s what he did in the car on the way home.I have loads of Questions to ask but that’s for another day.
Derek

kobi&jazz

Re: Thank you for letting me join

Post by kobi&jazz » 26 Nov 2017, 18:20

Welcome to the forum Derek& Freddy. You sound as if you have the experience to be a 'doodle' owner!!! :lol:

Sadly the forum isn't as active as it use to be..........Facebook is to blame :( but I am sure a lot of the regular members still browse the forum and will answer questions.
Enjoy being a labradoodle owner :)

Pollydoodle

Re: Thank you for letting me join

Post by Pollydoodle » 27 Nov 2017, 21:50

Hi Derek , good to see you here.,welcome. You're a great story teller so look forward to reading more. Good luck witht the doodle , Freddy.
My husband says I only like "naughty " dogs though I prefer to say they are dogs with some character!