including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 08:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 23:47 

I found your Association quite by accident as I was searching for information on ear problems in Labradoodles and obviously it's a problem many of us have .Thank-you for letting me and my lovely boy Zeus join .Zeus is 3 years old and lives with his best friend a 4 year old pug so little and large . Zeus is an amazing boy but unfortunately he may be very large but is also a terrible coward ,he's scared of the wind ,road works in other words any loud noises .I'm looking forward to using your forum and would love to know if there are any other members from Northern Ireland .

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 16:13 

Hello and welcome :D ... Zeus sounds a lovely boy ,perhaps you could post a pic?
Sorry to hear that he suffers from ear problems :( as you say it does seem to be a common problem in Labradoodles.
You can use the search facility here to gather info on ear problems ....
Once again ..welcome from me and my doods Jethro &Ambrose . :D

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 16:49 

Thank-you Zeus is an amazing boy Unfortunately the ear problem got so bad last week the vet had to sedate him to clean his ear properly as he would not let us get into the ear canal .She then put new gel type drops into his ear which had to be reapplied 7 days later by the vet and hopefully this will last for a couple of months .I will post a photo when I find out how as still learning about the site .

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 20:36 

Hello :D Zeus sounds like our Dude- a lovely sensitive doodle! Dude hates unexplained noises like fireworks, but also the "pop"of champagne corks and the "crack" of Christmas crackers! ( this year we actually removed the crack from them :roll: )
Dude is 4now. Up to his 1st year he had ear problems but since then we've used Cleanaural every week and it seems to have done the trick! You can buy it online. Our vet recommended it.
Good luck. Anny

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 21:01 

Used Cleanaural he hated it so tried a natural cleaner from Amazon but by this stage he hated this one ear touched .Zeus is a 7th generation Labradoodle and the breeders gave us his history and we practically had to have an interview before we could purchase him so he was well bred but the problem seems to be with the type of ear dogs have .We previously had a standard poodle and the vet told us it was dogs with this shape of ears who have problems