Hi , excercise advice

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Carolwrisberg

Hi , excercise advice

Post by Carolwrisberg » 08 Feb 2018, 12:39

Hi I'd like to introduce myself and my lovely doodle (6months ) Iris . We live in North East of Scotland. I've had 4 Spaniels, still have my lovely boy Fred who is 7 now , Iris my first Labtadoodle and she's great . I'm being really careful re exercise but get mixed messages , Iris currently gets 2 minute walks 30 mins with mixture of ball fetching / training and free running included in that time . Is this about right and what age can she start agility as she'd be great at it I think . Thanks carol

linny

Re: Hi , excercise advice

Post by linny » 08 Feb 2018, 13:40

:)Hello and welcome Jenny and Iris!
The recommendation for exercise is roughly five minutes per month so what you are doing now is about right.
Be careful with the ball exercise though as this can put a strain on young joints ...also avoid the overuse of stairs.
Labradoodles mature quite late so agility should wait.
Bid would be able to advise you more on this as she does a lot with her Doods

Sounds like you are smitten with Iris :lol: ...they are very "morish" ... intelligent and very easy to train....most of us here usually go on to get another . :)
I wouldn't be without mine.

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 08 Feb 2018, 15:07

Welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in north east Scotland do you live?

If it’s near Aberdeen, they have doodle meets once or twice a month at the local beaches/parks.

If you’re on Facebook, you could join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1459206951055724/

Moray also have a similar group.

X

Carolwrisberg

Post by Carolwrisberg » 08 Feb 2018, 16:50

Hi thanks for reply . Yes I'm being really careful with ball exercise and she's not allowed to climb stairs or jump in out car etc .
I'm near Banchory so quite bit out af Aberdeen . Is it possible to upload pictures on here?, if so how do I do it ?, sorry for being bit dense about these things ! Thanks

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 08 Feb 2018, 17:28

Ha! Ha! I live in Banchory itself. I have two Labradoodles - chocolate and. Cream and regularly walk in Corsee woods/Crathes/Scolty/Potarch so I might see you around.
X

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 08 Feb 2018, 17:32

Forgot to say there is a doodle dash at Scolty on Sunday 15 April at 11am if you’d like to come. There are at least 30 doods normally, but can be many more.
X