KIMBERLENES

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Emma

Re: KIMBERLENES

Post by Emma » 26 Sep 2007, 14:51

Sweep certainly has been a busy boy.
Am I right thinking he is otherwise known as Pooch? Or am I confusing 2 dogs. Sweep is Amos's father.
Amos and Emma

Lynda_UK

Post by Lynda_UK » 26 Sep 2007, 15:03

Carole g wrote:Its not Ag Ch, its Am Ch, American Champion behind the dog called "Sweep"
:wink: yes I know but its another way of a dog getting a SH CH qualification in the UK though it would be wonderful to see a Lab or poodle get that level of success in agility but I suspect the Border Collies and Kelpies will reign in that area!

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 26 Sep 2007, 15:30

There was a standard poodle obedience champ. Since the height of the jumps was reduced at agilty I doubt very much a standard poodle will have a chance amongst the smaller dogs but min poodles reign on the lower course!
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Connie

Post by Connie » 26 Sep 2007, 16:15

Hi Emma

Sweep and Pooch are the same dog, his third name should be 'Lucky Boy'!!!!!

Judy Shelton

Post by Judy Shelton » 26 Sep 2007, 16:44

Are there any guidelines to how many bitches a dog should have and how frequently? Just been reading the "puppy finder thread".
Judy

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 26 Sep 2007, 23:03

Ive seen a lot of questions about stud dogs recently, fitness, tests age etc.
The general rule is that a stud dog must be in good health, of good and proven temperament, ie not a puppy whose temperament could change and the dog must have his breed specific health tests satisfactorily completed. This generally means that he is unlikely to be much under 15 months as hip scores are not done under 12 months and take about 6 weeks to return. I personally would not use a dog at stud until fully adult at over 2 years old but many are happy to use younger dogs. I prefer older dogs with a proven track record of producing high quality happy confident pups. With older dogs it is also possible to know whether they have had any significant number of puppies which are not in the best health or even if they have thrown inherited disease and should be avoided. A young stud is much more risky but that does not make him a bad choice, but just a different choice. There is always a risk of narrowing the gene pool too much if everybody uses the same super stud dog, its particularly hard to find a suitable mate in the next generation. Dogs should also have recovery time between bitches to reduce the risk of sexually transmitted disease, I'm very careful with my precious girls and no overused stud would be allowed anywhere near them!
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 28 Sep 2007, 20:53

Legs firmly crossed reading this Carole :shock:

gemsie10

Post by gemsie10 » 30 Sep 2007, 18:59

Hi there!
I have a Kimberlenes Pooch called Muppet who was born on 12th June 2006 they are Half Bro and Sister and share the same Dad, Pooch! Muppet's Mum is Belle
What a lovely dog you have. I shall try and put some photos' on here so you can spot the comparison!

Emma

Post by Emma » 30 Sep 2007, 19:07

Perhaps we should open a thread entitled pics of Pooches offspring, so we can compare them all. It'd be interesting to see similarities. :D
Amos and Emma

gemsie10

Post by gemsie10 » 01 Oct 2007, 17:38

Hi there

If you click on to this website (that I have just completed..excuse the way I have done it its not great!) you will see some pics of my Muppet

http://muppetrobinson.piczo.com/?cr=5&rfm

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love

Julie, Gemma and Muppet xxx

Flora Hood

Post by Flora Hood » 01 Oct 2007, 22:25

We have a Kimberlenes puppy called Pasha who was born on 26th January 2007. Her mother was Missy and her father - I think - Digby? Have to check, he is not one of Steve's anyway. She is cream with a fleecy coat and we all love her. Would love to find siblings, I think one of them was the boy that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago whose owners have to rehome him. I have been on this site several times a day since about December but hardly ever post anything; I read all the posts though. My experience with Kimberlenes was that Steve really does care about his dogs and he was extremely cautious about selling his puppies. He asked loads of questions, as did I, and was very helpful when I rang him afterwards about a couple of things. Pasha has a great temperament which was crucial to us as we have five young children and I cannot fault her. At this moment she is lying on the children's mini trampoline which she thinks is hers (she bounces from one end of the room to the other on it) with her favourite toy. Kimberlenes are certainly expensive and I am sure there was no need to spend so much money, but I do feel that I got a lovely puppy from there and given how many years we hope to have these dogs it seems like money well spent.

etta

Post by etta » 08 Oct 2007, 14:33

Hi, Just found your post. We have Breagha now our 14 week old Kimberlene's doodle. Her parents are Sweep at Kimberlenes(standard apricot poodle) and Kimberlenes Lucy Locket (1st gen labradoodle). She was born on 27th June 2007. You can see some photos from the link. Cheers. Etta x :)

shaywood

Post by shaywood » 08 Oct 2007, 17:09

Hi

Cookie my lovely girl is from Kimberlenes Pluto and Bonnie 17/07/06

also has Sweep (pooch) for g grandparent. :D She's a very clever girl we call her the galumphing donkey.

I agree I would never have any other breed and one is not enough.

:D :D :D

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 11 Oct 2007, 14:52

My baby is a Kimberlene puppy too!!!

I will go and look at her family line to make sure, but I am +ve her mum is nutmeg.

xx
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 11 Oct 2007, 16:16

Yep, just checked. Abbey's mum is Nutmeg, her Dad is Templars Murphey. Her Grandparents are Lodmore Ted (cosmo), Blackhouse Ivy Donisthorpe Joy, Willomine Sweep (pooch) and Amber Dawn (Rusty)

This is why i wanted to join this forum, it is so nice to be able to chat to people that have my baby's family with them

:D
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/flossiebag/

Here is a link to some pics. Abbey at 10 weeks, 14weeks and 18 weeks

xx
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com