New member looking for advice - Labradoodles in Scotland??

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
MrDarcey

New member looking for advice - Labradoodles in Scotland??

Post by MrDarcey » 26 Oct 2007, 09:17

Hi there,

My name is Amanda and as the title would suggest I live in Scotland. I have always had minuature poodles and am now the proud mummy of my first Standard Poodle, Mr Darcey (we just call him Darcey in the street!!)

Darcey is very large and a gorgeous boy, now 16 months old. He is going through the tests at the moment for Hip/elbow and eyes. He was not bought to Stud, but he has such a wonderful nature and there are just no Labradoodles up my way I would like to see some!!

I have tried calling some places regarding getting into breeding and each time been shot down, especially when you mention cross breeding!

Any advice please??

RALPHY

Re: New member looking for advice - Labradoodles in Scotland??

Post by RALPHY » 26 Oct 2007, 15:56

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the site. Unfortunately I am down South so can't help at all, but thought I'd say hi as I have a 'Miss' Darcee.

Hope you get the advice you need.
Pam and Doodles, Darcee and Declann
Fundraising Manager for Labradoodle Trust

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 26 Oct 2007, 16:06

Where about in Scotland are you? Don't think i can help but, theres loads of Labradoodles in Dundee area. Theres a breeder in Monikie where we got Yogi from.

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

MrDarcey

Post by MrDarcey » 01 Nov 2007, 10:46

Im in Edinburgh, I never see any labradoodles around here which is really sad! :(

Darcey is getting his hip/ elbow and eys scored and I believe that I should also have him tested for SA and Addisons which I will do prior to using him as a stud........ all being well we can get some Labradoodles in Edinburgh!

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 01 Nov 2007, 11:50

SA test is essntial to pick up the early sign of SA, there is no such test for Addison's, the first thing would be to have the risks of him being a carrier assessed, by comparing his pedigree to the registries of carriers, this also points out any exceptional risk of SA and possibly epilepsy being passed on. Barb is in Scotland, if you pm her she offers this free confidential service. Addison's is a substantial risk and preventing very likely carriers from entering the labradoodle herd is very important. We all want to breed healthy dogs and this should be done before the expensive tests are booked.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

MrDarcey

Post by MrDarcey » 01 Nov 2007, 16:22

Thanks for the advice Carole. I will speak to Barb.

Thanks again.

cheryl-frampton

Post by cheryl-frampton » 01 Nov 2007, 19:16

Shame you are not in Hampshire. I met a lady this evening in the park with an 18 month old Doodle bitch and she is looking for a stud. I asked her if she was a member on the forum but she is not. I dont know how all this breeding lark works but good luck anyway.

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 01 Nov 2007, 22:02

Flossie is in Edinburgh and she is a Kimberlines. Sort of looks Ghost coloured and very mad curls :D

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 02 Nov 2007, 00:10

We are in Scotland (very near Edinburgh in fact) and bought Pippin from a breeder, Pam Millar, in Beith, Ayrshire, I notice she is on the list of breeders with The UK Labradoodle Association. Obviously I barely know her so can't say whether she would be able/willing to offer any advice/help but she told us she had been breeding labs and doodles for 25 years so certainly has experience so may be worth trying to contact.
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/