New labradoodle owner would like to say hello!

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Pippin

New labradoodle owner would like to say hello!

Post by Pippin » 01 Nov 2007, 23:42

We got our 7 week old labradoodle puppy on Monday night, she is called Pippin (after much debate and eventually drawing lots), she is black (will try and put a photo on my profile) and very gorgeous. We have never had a dog before so will no doubt be asking all sorts of daft questions so bear with me.

We have two boys, aged 5 and 8, who just adore Pippin but unbelievably have started to fight over her toys and who was playing with what toy with Pippin first :roll: .
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

freyadog

Re: New labradoodle owner would like to say hello!

Post by freyadog » 01 Nov 2007, 23:58

Hi pippin,
I have had my doodle for 4 months and a bit and she is lovely all my 3 other dogs are border collies and she gets on great with all of them.
I had to have my old collie put to sleep in July and i was so close to her the others only seemed to go to my Father in law who lives with us so a had a piece of the jigsaw missing.
The next day i felt robbed and thought about getting a puppy but i knew i did not what a border collie so i did a bit of research and came upon the labradoodles well i found one the same day and it was the best medicine for me i love her to bits and she loves me.
Now i have been able to put my old dogs photos back up to look at most people may say it was a bit quick but i would never of got Freya and she is such a sweet girl.
Good luck and enjoy your puppy time they grow up too quick
Take care
Caroline

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 02 Nov 2007, 00:05

Hi Caroline

Sorry to hear about your Collie. It can be so hard when an animal dies (we have had cats before) they work their way right into your heart without you even noticing.

Your Doodle is lovely :)

My pictures of Pippin seem to be too big and I am struggling to resize them but will hopefully manage in the next couple of days, when my brain might be less foggy. :lol:
ImageImage

coniston

Post by coniston » 02 Nov 2007, 00:40

Congratulations and welcome Pippin :D We are new to the site also and are awaiting our new arrival,shes due to be with us buy early December.We have seen lots of photographs of her and the litter :D and we are going to meet her and the rest of the gang on Saturday morning :!: We are all so excited, I will keep you posted ,good look with Pippin X

Judy Shelton

Post by Judy Shelton » 02 Nov 2007, 03:48

Hi welcome to the site, looking forward to seeing your photos!

judy

barneydood

Post by barneydood » 02 Nov 2007, 09:04

Hello Pippin, welcome to the site - ive found it very useful over the last few months!!!

Where did you get you pup - we got Molly on Tues, she is also black and 7 weeks old!!!
Image Image

kats

Post by kats » 02 Nov 2007, 09:36

freyadog wrote:Hi pippin,
I have had my doodle for 4 months and a bit and she is lovely all my 3 other dogs are border collies and she gets on great with all of them.
I had to have my old collie put to sleep in July and i was so close to her the others only seemed to go to my Father in law who lives with us so a had a piece of the jigsaw missing.
The next day i felt robbed and thought about getting a puppy but i knew i did not what a border collie so i did a bit of research and came upon the labradoodles well i found one the same day and it was the best medicine for me i love her to bits and she loves me.
Now i have been able to put my old dogs photos back up to look at most people may say it was a bit quick but i would never of got Freya and she is such a sweet girl.
Good luck and enjoy your puppy time they grow up too quick
Take care
Caroline
hi Caroline

have just read your story and am now in tears! big softie i know but can completely identify with it

best wishes to you and your lovely pup - she must have been sent here just for you :D xx

hi Pippin - welcome to the site you will find lots of help here if you need it :D
Kats and Evie x
Image Image
Some blindness is PREVENTABLE, all parents need clear Eye certificates. Don't accept excuses.

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 02 Nov 2007, 10:07

Congratulations on your new Pup, another Scottish Dood :) :) (noticed on another thread your near Edinburgh).

You will get loads of tips, ideas and advice here.

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

gardnerk

Post by gardnerk » 02 Nov 2007, 15:08

She looks very cute. Butter wouldn`t melt in her mouth!!
Have fun with your new addition!

ImageImage

Deb R

Post by Deb R » 02 Nov 2007, 18:49

Welcome to you and pippin

Deb
Image Image

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 02 Nov 2007, 19:18

Hi and welcome to Doodleland. Lots of pics as soon as you can please!

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » 02 Nov 2007, 20:45

hi, What a gorgeous puppy! almost making me want another one!!

Katie and Ben

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 04 Nov 2007, 22:53

Thank you for all your lovely messages of welcome.

coniston, looking forward to hearing all about your pup when you get her in December.

barneydood, we got Pippin from a breeder in Beith, Ayrshire. We are in Fife too, wonder if we are near each other?

Just noticed you are in Fife too Hilli.

Still trying with the pictures.
ImageImage

Judy Shelton

Post by Judy Shelton » 05 Nov 2007, 00:13

Keep trying, we want PHOTOS!! Not that there is any pressure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

judy

Wills Miller

Post by Wills Miller » 05 Nov 2007, 00:41

Hi there everyone my name is William Moose Miller, I am an eight month old black Labradoodle (its taken my mum and dad this long to suss out how to get on here so dont expect a photo of this very cool doodle too soon, it may take a few more months for that. A little bit about me. I live in Wakefield, have a younger brother who is a Mini English Bully called Walter Moose Miller,we get on really well, and a cat sister called porsha. I love walking (well running actually), jumping on people and swimming. My favourite walks are Pugneys Park and Wrenthorpe Park and the woods in Temple Newsham. At the mo I am very frustrated, I havent been for a run for two weeks. First week I was attacked and had to be stitched up, this week I have just been castrated with my brother so we are both stitched up. I cannot wait to get back out there, I am starting to get a bit down, and these fire works havent helped either. I had better go now as it is our bed time and we are sleeping in mummy and daddys bedroom cos of the stitches and the fire works, I would really like it if someone would write back to me, and I will do my best to get a photo of me and walter posted asap. William Moose xxx