Freya's puppies in their new homes

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
ebug99

Re: Freya's puppies in their new homes

Post by ebug99 » 07 Sep 2008, 17:51

Hi again !

Rach - good to see you on line again, can't wait for those pics of Mungo !

Lisa - Bailey looks fabulous, he's a very handsome young man !

Liz & Teddy x

See how big I'm getting !!

Learning to do "down" !

In my cosy crate -
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 07 Sep 2008, 23:35

Handsome to say the least :wink:
Linda xxx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 08 Sep 2008, 13:16

Ooooops did my picture of Mungo not come out? It's showing on my computer! God, I really am hopeless at this. Will try and get some more pics up later when the kids have gone to bed.

So how are the other pups doing? Mungo is fab. I can't get over how daft he can be and yet how bright when there's food about! Suppose that's doods for you :D

He sounds like Teddy in that he loves chasing his tail....then eats....then chokes and regurgitates it :roll: He absolutely loves the garden when it's not wet. His favourite spot is under the hedge where he loves digging and finding snails to eat :shock:

He's absolutely fine in his crate now - goes through the night with no accidents bless him and happily spends quite a bit of time in it during the day with the door open so I'm relieved he sees it as a nice place to be. He's left usually for 2 separate hours during the day and goes in no problem, doesn't cry and is fast asleep when I return. I think the kong with banana helps :D

The training's coming along well. He knows sit and is getting there on down and the lead training is coming along great (thanks for the tips Linda!) I'm going to try walking around the garden this pm in preparation for walkies outside. He had his first injection on Fri and has his next in 2 weeks then we start training classes. Can't wait as found out there's another dood in the class!

We really are chuffed to bits with him - he's just growing more beautiful every day. Will try and get some more pics up later.

Would love to hear how Lucy, Bailey and Teddy are coming along?
Rach & Mungo

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 08 Sep 2008, 20:28

Hi Rach,

In response to your request (any excuse to talk about my Teddy-boy :wink: )

He's doing very well, growing at a rate of knots and his coat is getting really long and wavy and so so soft - yummy !

He's great with the toileting, wees on command and occasionally will bark at the door to ask to go out. He sits and can almost do down and is slowly getting used to the lead.

I have a puppy training class all sorted out for when he is able to go outside, went along last week and sat in to watch. Teddy will be the only dood as far as I know.

He loves his crate during the day but is less keen at night - (think it's being left alone rather than the crate itself :? ) but we're getting there slowly !

Most importantly, we love him to bits - he's great fun and really makes us laugh :lol: !!

Liz & Teddy xx

Fattysplash

Post by Fattysplash » 08 Sep 2008, 20:51

Oooooohhhhhhh! I knew you were a lucky lot to end up with Linda & Alexs' babies!
All these pics & reports just confirm what I already knew!!! Can't wait to see them
all doing their 'first walk', 'first swim', 'first meet', (first bone?), and all the other
firsts! Well done & congratulations to all you proud new Mums & Dads!!! :mrgreen:
The More People I Meet, The More I Love My Dogs

www.puppylovecampaigns.org

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 10 Sep 2008, 12:55

Thanks Fattysplash - you're so right all those 'first' are so exciting.

Thought I'd try and post some more pics of Mungo. He's growing so fast, very long legs! And his coat is growing fast too and it's just soooo soft and snuggly.

He's being so good bless him and so clever. We've cracked down today so might start working on stay later. Wish me luck! He loves the lead now and gets so excited when I show it to him. I carry him down to the school playground every day and we practice walking round it. When the kids come out of school they all swarm around him and he milks it for all it's worth!

Liz, great to talk to you the other day. Sounds like Teddy's doing great. And thanks for the tip re natural yoghurt - it's working a treat (I mentioned to Liz that Mungo wolfs his food down then gets the hiccups and she suggested putting a tablespoon of natural yogurt on it - it really slows hime down as he licks it all off. Amazing!) That's what's fantastic about this site, all the handy tips to share!

Playing ball (he found this under the hedge :roll: )

My beautiful Mungo Chutney learning 'sit'
Rach & Mungo

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 10 Sep 2008, 17:06

What a handsome boy !!!

Liz xx

amber

Post by amber » 10 Sep 2008, 17:15

Gorgeous, gorgeous boy!
He looks really well and handsome. Alex has said he's delighted that you've kept his nickname for him.
Great pics all
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Linda, & Alex xxxx

Cherryblossom

Post by Cherryblossom » 10 Sep 2008, 17:26

Just had to say that Mungo is THE most adorable puppy! :D And what a cracking photo of him sitting in the clover. It's looking at pics like that that make me lean towards getting a fleece coated pup (we have a choice). We had decided to get hair coated to keep grooming simple, but now I'm not so sure!!??!!

He's scrummy! Well done to all involved!

Cheryl

Elbumble

Post by Elbumble » 10 Sep 2008, 17:41

Gosh how cute are these pups, well done Linda, and congratulations to all the lucky owners!!! :D

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 10 Sep 2008, 19:05

They are looking great :D . Lucy is doing really well too - I'll try and put some new pics up later. I feel like she's always been part of our family, she's fitted in so well.
We started puppy classes last night. She wasn't too sure about it, and I think she was happier to sit and watch what was going on, rather than join in. She just looked at me as if to say 'you've GOT to be joking' :roll: .
Lucy

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 10 Sep 2008, 22:13

Ooooh yes more pics of Lucy please! Bless her with the class. Did you take some titbits along? Mungo will do anything for food! We start Mungo's next Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the compliments on our pups everyone. I know we're biased but they are just adorable (but then they all are). Couldn't wish for better breeders in Linda and Alex too, they've been so hands on and supportive and genuinely love their dogs and puppies so much. It's so nice to meet someone who cares so much about the welfare of their dogs rather than be in it for a quick buck.

Cheryl, when are you getting your puppy? Have to say I'm delighted with Mungo's coat. I would have loved him whatever his coat was but it's a great help to see his older sisters Bella & Chloe to get an idea of what he'll look like when he's older. I had a chat with Linda about his coat and how much care it would need and I'll probably get him clipped 3 times a year to keep it managable just leaving it longer in the winter to keep him warm (and having seen Bella's new hairdo and their sister Daisy who was clipped it does make them so soft and cuddly).
Rach & Mungo

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 14 Sep 2008, 21:55

Hi again,

Well - if Lucy, Bailey and Mungo's coats are anything like Teddy's they must be coming on a treat. I'm going to have to give him a trim around the eyes soon then he can see where he's going, bless him - and he's SOOO soft and huggable !

We've had 2 play-dates this week - one with my friends 1 year old cockerpoo Pip and another with my brother-in-laws 3 year old flat coat Kia.
Teddy really enjoyed both encounters and was totally unperturbed - he knows he's a big dog in a little puppies body !! :lol:
After tearing round and round the garden with Kia yesterday, he flaked out for 4 hours ! :?

We had a dozen or so friends around this afternoon for a bbq and he was such a tart, going round being cuddled by all the ladies - I hardly got a look in !! He's such a sociable little chap - and he dutifully performed his "sit", "paw" and "down" for everyone - I was so proud :D

Some recent pics:

Look at my curls !!

With Pip;

With Kia:

Rough and tumble with Dad:

My pooped pooch !

Liz xx

amber

Post by amber » 15 Sep 2008, 17:57

One thing to say- ARHHHHHH!!!!!

Well done Liz and David, you were made for himXXX

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 15 Sep 2008, 19:29

It's all down to you Linda - you picked us the perfect puppy !!

xx