Freya's puppies in their new homes

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
ebug99

Re: Freya's puppies in their new homes

Post by ebug99 » 18 Sep 2008, 17:20

Can't remember who it was who told me that a small water bottle with a few bits of kibble in provides much amusement - for both puppy and owner ! Whoever you were - thanks !!

Here's a video of Ted :

First time I've tried to upload a vid, so hope it works !

Liz xx
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

amber

Post by amber » 18 Sep 2008, 19:09

Well i've got a soppy look on my face. He understands the Great British Language too.
Well done super Ted xx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 23 Sep 2008, 13:43

Hiya

Just wondered how Mungo's siblings & Mummy are doing?!!!

Mungo is as fab as ever. We've been out and about lots over the past week enjoying the nice weather...lots of walks, pub gardens, car boot sales etc and he's just loving every minute. He's so sociable and I now know what it feels like to be a celebrity. I can't walk more than 5 mins anywhere without someone stopping me and saying 'excuse me is that a labradoodle.....' :lol:

We had our first training session last week and he was so good, did 'sit' and 'down' perfectly and he's walking nicely on the lead. No-one could believe he was only 11 weeks (partly 'cos he's so huge :shock: ) We're off to a puppy party tonight at the vets. An hour and a half of playtime and a couple of talks from behaviourists. We're very excited (although haven't told Mungo he's going to get microchipped - suspect he won't like that bit :( )

I'd be interested to know what his brothers & sisters weigh as he seems to be growing so fast. The vet told me to up his food slightly as he was very slightly underweight. I'm still feeding 4 meals a day but bigger portions and I'm wondering whether I should be introducing something else now. Linda, what was it you recommended and is now too early? I guess now that he's out walking 2/3 times a day he needs a little extra (though he is getting lots of chopped up frankfurters as training rewards :lol: ).

We took him over the fields at the weekend in the sun and let him off the lead - he was so good, just trotting by our sides (though doubt he'll stay like that forever). Seeing Mungo & the kids running through the field, then Madeleine falling over and giggling while Mungo licked her then playing in the freshly mown grass piles was just one of those moments that will stay with you forever.

He really is the 3rd baby I hoped for and we love our evening snuggles.

So how's everyone else doing? And any sign of a nice family for ToTo Linda?

Will try and post some more pics soon.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 23 Sep 2008, 16:06

Hi Rach
Lovely to hear how happy he is and you all are.
Yes don't forget to up the food, they grow so quickly, i would add some junior Nature diet now. Add a little every meal, just a tspn, and keep regular checks on toileting and how that looks. If it gets a little puddingy cut the ND back until normal and then introduce again. I'm sure he'll love that.
Kisses from us please.
XX

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 24 Sep 2008, 17:08

Hi Rach,

We're doing fine thanks ! We're managing to get out & about too - and have our first puppy training class tonight, eek !! Teddy can do "sit", "paw", "wait" and "down" already and isn't too bad on the lead so it will be interesting to see how he copes with the distraction of other puppies !
We've had a couple of play-dates with friends dogs and he loves that - just hope he can concentrate tonight !
I've started introducing Nature Diet and JWB puppy pouches and tend to alternate kibble plus meat with kibble plus yogurt - he's been fine and scoffs whatever is put down. I weighed him on Monday and he was 7 kgs.

I know what you mean about being a celebrity, Teddy also attracts lots of attention - although a couple of people have annoyed me by saying "oh, one of those" when I've said he's a labradoodle - as if to say - "oh, one of those designer dogs" - grrrrrr. I haven't dare let him off the lead yet - but his recall is fairly good in the garden so when there are at least 2 of us walking him next I might try.

Hope Mungo was ok with the microchipping - Teddy did yelp but he was fine after a treat !!

You need to put some more pics up Rach !!!

LOL Liz xx
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 01 Oct 2008, 21:39

Hiya

Liz just seen your post re Teddy winning first prize! Bless him, I bet you can't imagine life without him now, I know I can't imagine not having Mungo around.

The puppy party went brilliantly though he was shattered after! He was absolutely fine being chipped, didn't even raise a hairy eyebrow (he was eating at the time and nothing puts him off his food :roll: ). He's put on quite a bit of weight now and is filling out nicely. He sounds in line with Teddy as he was 7.9 kg a few days after you had Teddy weighed.

He's completely got the hang of toilet training now and is fine in the crate and the car. He just seems to have adapted to life here so well. I love the way they pick up on things, like when the kids put their shoes on, he goes into the porch and sits by his lead! :lol:

We had training again last night and he was so good. The teacher said he never takes his eyes of me (which I suspect is the food) but she did warn me that he seems a bit too attached to me (someone loves me!) and I should occasionally leave the room he's in and shut the door as he could get separation anxiety when he's a bit older. Has anyone else experienced this? He is left on his own usually a couple of times a day for an hour or so and apart from the odd whimper is fine. Plus he's not allowed upstairs and doesn't seem bothered when I pop up for a bit.

Promise will try and get some more pics on soon. How's everyone else doing?
Rach & Mungo