including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 16:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 month not eating much
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 12:07 

Archie is 6 months old and is fed on John Burns puppy food twice a day (this is what the breeder used). He's never seemed that keen on it but seemed to be hungry for our food. I now feed him with half a sachet of Bob & Lush mixed with the John Burns puppy food and he was eating this fine. However the last week or so he can take it or leave it. This morning he didn't eat any of his breakfast. He does get treats but not excessive amounts. Don't know whether to change what we are feeding him but there is so much choice not sure where to start.

Post subject: Re: 6 month not eating much
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 12:59 

You will get lots of help on here. I would say that, at around 6months, they start to want a bit less food( in my experience)
There are SO many kibbles to choose out there, but grain free are best. Canagan is our choice. Other people will give you other suggestions. Some people Raw Feed.Anny and Dude

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 15:14 

Stout went off his food when he was a pup. We used to pick it up and stir it around a bit, which made him eat more. Does he still have lunch? I think we also just didn't give him breakfast and started giving him two meals a day. He as made up for it since - and only doesn't eat when he is feeling poorly (he has ibd) :cry: . We don't feed him kibble (his tum doesn't seem to be able to cope with it) so feed raw. There are websites that rate kibbles so you can narrow it down a bit!

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2016, 16:51 

Thank you for your replies, perhaps I should look at changing the kibble. Archie does really enjoy the wet Bob & Lush food. I will try reducing the quantity and see if that helps. He never seems that desparate for this breakfast when he gets in for his morning walk or his dinner in the evening.