including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 27 Jun 2019, 10:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Water
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 15:59 

Dude has never been a big drinker, but since we changed from the Canagan kibble to Forthglade complete wet meals he's barely drinking water at all. Yesterday he had half a bowl of water, previously he would have perhaps 2bowls a day. I realise the moisture in wet food is high, so I'm assuming that explains it? He seems totally fine in himself. I can't force him to drink , so I'm just being vigilant and keeping an eye on his water bowl. How much water do your Doodles drink a day? My guess would be it varies? Anny

Post subject: Re: Water
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 16:16 

Both Kobi & Jazz have Forthglade and neither drink a lot of water either.....like you say you cant force them to drink and as long as the water bowl is available I guess they get what they want\need. :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 18:56 

Thank you, that's very reassuring :D
Your doods are gorgeous! Can I ask, how big are they/how much Forthglade do you feed them? Anny

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 20:28 

Kobi - the 'blonde' weighs roughly 40kgs and Jazz is roughly 30kg.

I divide one pack of Fortglade into 4 slices as they also have Simpson kibble. They are fed twice a day. Kobi gets slightly more kibble than Jazz but I reduce the amount of kibble recommended due to me adding the Forthglade.

As a side note they both enjoy a drink of Coconut water and if in the summer months I think they haven't drank enough, I know they will be tempted with this :) - just ensure its the 'real' coconut juice not one with additives if you want to try it with Dude. :)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 14:27 

Thank you, coconut water is new to me, how interesting!
I'm currently giving Dude 2trays of Forthglade spread over 3meals. So far so good. The aim of the game is to see if we can get more weight on him( although personally I'm not sure it's necessary. ) Anny

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 22:43 

Yes - my raw fed dogs drink very little, and when I have a boarder here on dry food I am really surprised at how much they drink by comparison!