including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Epic Food Fail.
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 19:50 

Hi everyone, I'm in need of some opinions / advice, after a shopping error please.
I buy Woody's food from Zooplus & get it delivered. He has Arden Grange large breed puppy food.
On Sunday I ordered his new 12kg bag & thought I'd be a lovely mum & get him slightly different flavour as I noticed a chicken one instead of chicken & rice. What I didn't notice (until of course it arrived just now,) was that the chicken one was actually for small to medium breed dogs! :oops:
I know that the large breed food has a smaller protein content to help them grow slowly, what I don't know is whether it's going to cause problems giving him this bag of food? (As my ever loving, supportive - & not in the slightest bit Pi$$ taking husband was quick to point out, it will cost a fortune to send it back & get the correct one. :roll: )
Woody is now 7 months old and around the 21-22Kg mark.

What are your thoughts? Ok to feed him the for 12kg's or more problematic than the cost of wasting the cash?
Thanks.
Wendy

Post subject: Re: Epic Food Fail.
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 01:09 

Tbh I think there is very little difference. When looking at the protein content, don't look at the ingredients, look at the analysis. So for the large breed puppy food, the ingredients list chicken meal 30%. The meal is dry matter, so the analysis amount of 29% is pretty close to the ingredients amount. Then looking at the other puppy food, the ingredients list fresh chicken 18% and chicken meal 18% so a total of 36% which you'd think was a little higher than the large breed one, however the fresh chicken has a lot of water in it, and the analysis shows protein at 29% - exactly the same as the large breed puppy food!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 07:27 

Bid wrote:
Tbh I think there is very little difference..........., and the analysis shows protein at 29% - exactly the same as the large breed puppy food!

Great Thanks Bid. I've looked through the analysis, (odd as looking on the Zooplus site the stats are slightly different to those you mention, about 3% difference but still not much & so I get the point.)
That helps me feel a bit better for feeding him the one bag & not wasting the money! :lol:

Certainly teaches me to look more carefully!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 20:29 

:lol: :lol: :lol: no advice I am sorry, but just to say I did a similar thing a while ago. Instead of ordering our parrot a 2.5kg bag of food, I brought him 25kg (he is the same size as a large blackbird :roll: ). The price didn't give it away coz his normal food is expensive :oops:

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 10:22 

stout wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: no advice I am sorry, but just to say I did a similar thing a while ago. Instead of ordering our parrot a 2.5kg bag of food, I brought him 25kg (he is the same size as a large blackbird :roll: ). The price didn't give it away coz his normal food is expensive :oops:

:shock: OMG! I guess he won't be going hungry for some time yet! :lol: