APRICOT MINIATURE POODLE STUD DOG

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
4614carol

APRICOT MINIATURE POODLE STUD DOG

Post by 4614carol » 28 Dec 2009, 18:45

TANBOREE GOLDEN CRUZ, proven with Labradors, lovely temperament which he passes on to his puppies. Hip score 9, Optigen clear. e-mail carol@arabianracehorses.co.uk for more infomation and pictures.

4614carol

Re: APRICOT MINIATURE POODLE STUD DOG

Post by 4614carol » 03 Jun 2010, 20:57

Cruz is now well proven with 8 litters born and three more on the way and currently has a 100% sucess rate. He is available to health checked bitches of most breeds. He throws light colours from Cream to Dark Apricot and of course black

Bridget Hodder

Post by Bridget Hodder » 06 Jun 2010, 20:29

hi

big dog is the father of frankie my chocolate labradoodle puppies,she had a litter of six black with lovely coats.

bridget
Image Image

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 06 Jun 2010, 21:40

I thought Tanboree Golden Cruz was all apricot breeding thus the bitch would be producing the black coloring.

4614carol

Post by 4614carol » 07 Jun 2010, 10:00

Hi,

Yes Cruz is mainly Apricot breeding, but will throw Black if the bitch does not have the pale Gene, he does not carry the black gene himself. But as he does not have the Chocolate Gene if mated to a Chocolate bitch without a pale gene the resulting puppies would all be black even if the bitch did not carry the black gene.

He's just had another litter his 9th with a Black F1, who had a black mother and white dad, they produced 11 puppies 7 Cream/Apricot and 4 black.

Carol

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 07 Jun 2010, 12:39

I think you are both arguing about what colours a dog can throw ie produce. Bruggesmum kindly informed me by pm that the pedigree is on Doodle Post and the stud dog is nothing but apricot by inheritance. Maybe it could come here?
I love all this genetic stuff, fascinating!
There is a chart here http://www.blueknightlabs.com/color/coatcolor.html

As I understand it, he cannot throw black, its the bitch that produces black.

Have I got it right?
A poor lonely sock just looking for his sole mate

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 07 Jun 2010, 13:35

dessiedoodle wrote:I think you are both arguing about what colours a dog can throw ie produce. Bruggesmum kindly informed me by pm that the pedigree is on Doodle Post and the stud dog is nothing but apricot by inheritance. Maybe it could come here?

Have I got it right?
Just to clarify matters, Cruz's pedigree is not on Doodle Post. And to add, I cannot see any arguing going on, just a question about colour genetics :?

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 07 Jun 2010, 13:49

GUNNER wrote:
dessiedoodle wrote:I think you are both arguing about what colours a dog can throw ie produce. Bruggesmum kindly informed me by pm that the pedigree is on Doodle Post and the stud dog is nothing but apricot by inheritance. Maybe it could come here?

Have I got it right?
Just to clarify matters, Cruz's pedigree is not on Doodle Post. And to add, I cannot see any arguing going on, just a question about colour genetics :?
No his litter brother Tanboree Tangerine's pedigree is on Doodle Post in connection with a topic.

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 07 Jun 2010, 15:09

[quote="dessiedoodle"]I think you are both arguing about what colours a dog can throw ie produce. Bruggesmum kindly informed me by pm that the pedigree is on Doodle Post and the stud dog is nothing but apricot by inheritance. quote]

As you can see I said the pedigree not which of the stud boys from the same litter was at the top of it. I think you will find they have the same pedigree. :)

Thanks Bruggesmum for the link http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/11/41/13/61/pedigr10.gif
A poor lonely sock just looking for his sole mate

Bridget Hodder

Post by Bridget Hodder » 07 Jun 2010, 15:53

hi
i mated frankies daughter who is chocolate with oakleigh who is dark apricot and she had all chocolate.as long as all pups are all heathy does it matter what colour they are.i think the black pups are stunning.

bridget.
Image Image

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 07 Jun 2010, 17:27

4614carol wrote: He throws light colours from Cream to Dark Apricot and of course black
Bridget i'm not saying black is not nice, what i am saying is the original post made by 4614carol is wrong. He does not throw black with his pedigree only the bitch would have the black.
His pedigree is all apricot breeding so he does not carry black.

SarahandMilly

Post by SarahandMilly » 08 Jun 2010, 07:08

Pedantic springs to mind! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jac

Post by Jac » 09 Jun 2010, 08:48

Here is a photo of 3 black pups sired by Cruz....

The Bear

Anne Wozniak

Post by Anne Wozniak » 14 Jun 2010, 16:22

.... have I got this right ... Cruz the brother to Tanboree Tangerine ?

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 14 Jun 2010, 16:35

Anne Wozniak wrote:.... have I got this right ... Cruz the brother to Tanboree Tangerine ?
Yes Anne that is right. There were 3 litter brothers. Tanboree Tangerine, Tanboree Golden Cruz, Tanboree A Wee Dram.