NEED A POODLE STUD TO BE BOYFRIEND FOR SINGLE FUN LOVING LAB

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
spoodle

Re: NEED A POODLE STUD TO BE BOYFRIEND FOR SINGLE FUN LOVING

Post by spoodle » 03 Feb 2007, 21:45

:?:
Last edited by spoodle on 31 Oct 2007, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrie&Sarah

Post by Tyrie&Sarah » 03 Feb 2007, 22:24

With all due respect Fiona and the other breeders, my family have bred dorset old time bulldogs and P.P dogs, I have grown up dealing with powerful animals such as neopolitan mastiffs, presa's and other P.P dogs. This came to an abrupt end due to the ill health of my brother, I came here looking for advice not to be judged or lectured.
An expert is someone it appears on this board to be hunting financial gain and not treating the animal with the respect it deserves, for christ sakes you are all in a position of great fortune in the fact you could could focus creating the breed on temperament(obviously I want a healthy dog.) rather than fine blood lineswhich often relates to in breeding and the corruption of some of the best breeds in order to become an elite breeder in the K.C's eyes.

[removed] gold diggers.

I would take the pepsi challenge with my labrador as she has the finest temperament around!

Also I am aware of all the ramifications of having a litter, I can assure you all I am well prepared I am an art dealer so when it comes to the time I have the fortune of being able to lavish Kasey with attention and fore go my employment a while.

So the people who are genuinely interested in helping me, I am looking for temperament and obviously good health. And Carol if anyone knows the breeders to avoid please pm me.
Last edited by mhayhurst on 27 Feb 2008, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

MAC

Post by MAC » 03 Feb 2007, 22:38

Well, that certainly is a post with much feeling put into it.

I can understand your anger when you have hardly been met with friendly helpful so called expert breeders, but I think it's a shame you discredited yourself with the use of bad language. There are members as young as 13 on this site.

I genuinely wish you luck with your breeding.

MAC

Tyrie&Sarah

Post by Tyrie&Sarah » 03 Feb 2007, 22:44

my heartfelt apologies..

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 03 Feb 2007, 23:14

Sarah,

I would love to help you but I don't have a standard poodle as I'm into the miniatures. But I wish you the best of luck for your search.

kATE

Post by kATE » 03 Feb 2007, 23:31

Carol Shaw at Stoncellers has a Std poodle Stud , she is a really experienced breeder of Std Poodles , Labs and doodles , It might be worth contacting her. She is on this site , but here is her Email :

hurst.shaw@btinternet.com

Carol is Based in Chester-le-street ,County Durham.

Good luck with the search

Kate

Tyrie&Sarah

Post by Tyrie&Sarah » 04 Feb 2007, 00:26

Thankyou both for all your help and support, yes Im talking to Carol hopefully tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
Aswell as that through my own efforts have managed to find a silver standard based in scunthorpe who throws beautiful litters!
Has produced many chocs and a few silvers and i believe the much sought after caramels!

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 04 Feb 2007, 10:27

I and others have been criticized, by those not actually giving advice themselves, for not giving Tyrie&Sarah advice but they didnt ask for it and clearly dont feel the need for it.
Tyrie&Sarah, you posted a stud wanted advert not an advice seeking post like Naomi's lower down which I and others replied to, myself by pm, I hope constructively. You will have no trouble getting yourself a stud to produce a litter of F1s, some (I would hope) may require pedigrees and hip scores to ensure, at the very least, that their dog does not produce labradoodles with hip dysplasia.
I could not quite work out whether your brother had a phobia of dog hair but assumed maybe incorrectly that you meant an allergy which is an area I am experienced in, having first allergy tested a child nearly 40 years ago, my doesn't time fly! I dont know anything about phobias, if that is what you genuinely meant, but I would assume that a coat type he would find acceptable would need to be guaranteed, and that again cannot be the case with an F1.
Its a far step from macho P P dogs to a labradoodle, none of the lovely labs and poodles that I know would be any use at all in such work and poodles have brains and beauty rather than the brawn of those breeds.
Some have asked how do you become an expert? In my experience, expert breeders start by doing enormous amounts of research, buy the best foundation stock they can get and go under the wing of a true expert to learn their craft and spend years frequently failing to get where they want and accept no compromise on quality. Very few actually want to become expert , they just want to breed the odd litter, for fun or money or whatever.
Fiona's £2500 is roughly the cost of rearing a large litter correctly with all heath tests done, top quality stud paid for, whelping equipment, and puppies and bitch given all the best nutritional and health care possible. Its an upfront cost and F1 puppies are not selling easily as so many jumped on the bandwagon last year. Carol Shaw blames epupz in her own post. on the rehoming forum, I think she is probably right, freeads make it all look so easy.
I will always assist those who are genuinely interested in poodle lines and health issues.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 04 Feb 2007, 11:26

Good luck, Sarah in your search for a standard poodle stud - but if your brother does have allergies to dog hair an F1 may not be suitable as quite a few do shed - some as much as a lab. Sorry, don't want to be negative but it is so important especially as your brother has a heart problem too.

Tyrie&Sarah

Post by Tyrie&Sarah » 04 Feb 2007, 14:28

Thank you Sharon and Carol He has a phobia slightly different from an allergy, he hates the feel of dog hair against his skin its bizarre. He wont touch my lab, so hence the hunt for a fleece coat.
I can understand your worrying that maybe people will be breeding puppys but not being able to care for them. Being honest the sum you mentioned Carol is nothing to me, the happiness and the security of knowing that my lil bro would be getting a healthy dog and hopefully blessed with my labs temperament is all i care for.

And again I asked for a stud but the responses I got were not that of people offering studs was it carol? It just seems a bit hypocritical.

This is why I joined the board because I have a backround of P.P dogs and thought who better to find a good stud than people who have a passion for the breed. But saying a poodle is all brains and beauty and P.P dogs are all brains and no Braun is a joke, the Neopolitan Mastiff is one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. I would go as far as to say it is all beauty braun and brains the adonis of the dog world! :wink:

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 04 Feb 2007, 14:41

A brown st poodle stud has been mentioned over on the doodles-n-poodles forum - don't know if you have had a chance to check it out yet. 8)

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 04 Feb 2007, 14:43

LOL we were out walking last evening and came across a couple walking two neopolitan mastiffs and I think my Maddie (blue standard poodle) fancied one of them lol ! :shock: Lol she looked smitten. :lol: He played it cool though. :wink:

MAC

Post by MAC » 04 Feb 2007, 18:57

I and others have been criticized, by those not actually giving advice themselves, for not giving Tyrie&Sarah advice but they didnt ask for it and clearly dont feel the need for it.
She didn't asked to be quizzed either, but that didn't prevent you asking her WHY? (in caps).

Nice of you though to now help her, however belated that is.

MAC

cades1066

Post by cades1066 » 08 Feb 2007, 15:07

hello guys

i had a litter of f1 labradoodles and two turned out to be very fleece in deed.

here is picture of one of the pups grown up with his differnt coats
Imagehim now
this is him with dreads after i got him back from his owners that didnt look after him poor puppy

cades1066

Post by cades1066 » 08 Feb 2007, 15:17

As they are a cross breed you can not say you wont get a fleece coat you can say they will moult as most will you should state facts as this is better than just going off on one.
There are hundreds of dogs needing homes not just doodles, poodles and others too and homing centres make it so difficult for homeing with children to have a rescue dog such a shame most of these dogs could be rehomed so quickly and less suffering too.perhaps if people pay a little more for a pup they will feel less likly to just get rid once it has chewed the sofa of weed on the carpet or thrown up on the couch i certainly wouldnt throw £700 away in the bin would you ? so why rehome a dog or get rid of it.in use to work at a rehoming center and they even killed three blocks of dogs just because they where making new blockks and didnt have the room at the time.

if you need a stud good luck and hope all goes well for you and your brother i have a litter aof f1s at the moment and there are 1week yesterday and one of them is already very curly i will update my pics as the grow for you too see how there coats change.

sorry im going on it really anoys me