Miniature Australian Labradoodle Stud Wanted

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
Banana-dog

Miniature Australian Labradoodle Stud Wanted

Post by Banana-dog » 01 Aug 2010, 18:57

We´re looking for a miniature Australian labradoodle stud to breed to our bitch Eska in spring 2011. She is elbow scored 0-0 and hips 4-5. Eye test to be confirmed in autumn.

We are looking for a dog with good temperament, and no taller than about 23". Ideally a dog that is attentive, a good learner and quite active.
- Morgane & Eska

"Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole."
... Only joking, Eska's my whole life.

Clare

Re: Miniature Australian Labradoodle Stud Wanted

Post by Clare » 01 Aug 2010, 19:02

I think most australian labradoodles are neutered before they leave their breeders but good luck in your search.

Clare and Pebbles

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 01 Aug 2010, 21:33

Try asking on Doodle Post, which is a breeders forum (and used by anyone else). They can give you good advice and you can post the puppies listing there is you show all the health test certificates first.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 02 Aug 2010, 15:25

How will this effect her agility training and future agility career?

Maybe worth talking to some of the people on Agility forums about this. I think Eska will only be about 2.5 yrs (from memory I think you said on another post she was about 15 months in July) I am not a breeder and never will be, so possibily not up on all the ins and outs of it. I have, however, been involved at all levels of dog sports for a long time. I don't know what a bitch is like to work after having puppies (physically and mentally), I have always had dogs :)

I know that breeding is very emotive for lots of people and please understand that I am only asking. You may well have thought about the agility thing already and spoken to people who will know loads more than me on this subject. Just curious to know for myself :?:
Lewie
Benson

Bid

Post by Bid » 02 Aug 2010, 18:55

An unspayed bitch would have an erratic sporting career anyway wouldn't she, as she would have to miss out on training and events during her seasons. :|
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 02 Aug 2010, 21:49

:?
A season is only a couple of weeks long and the dog can still train during that time, however, a full pregnancy and the time after when she is feeding and raising pups is a good section out of the year. Also the possibility of complications during birth must be a worry, as these may lead to much longer time out :?:
The second year through to the fourth (sometimes fifth)year is when a dog is really in its prime for competition.
I really don't know thats why I am asking if these things need to be considered or not?
I am not trying to rock the boat here, I get my dogs from breeders and I am always amazed by the effort and dedication it requires, this young girl certainly appears to have these qualities and I just wonder if it would be best to wait?

I am sure that the breeders who use the site will be able to give great advice on how much time, effort and money it takes to have a litter (far more than I could manage :lol: ).
Lewie
Benson

Banana-dog

Post by Banana-dog » 04 Aug 2010, 19:11

Eska is identical to her mother, who outran a greyhound when she was 5 weeks pregnant! I am almost convinced that Eska will still have her spring in her after a litter. However, you guys are right about having to stop training and such.. Might be a better idea to delay the breeding for another year or two as I want Eska to be in the circuit when she is at her best which could be next year onwards.

I can´t believe that never crossed my mind, even though I had been planning this girl 3 years before i got her!
- Morgane & Eska

"Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole."
... Only joking, Eska's my whole life.

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 04 Aug 2010, 22:13

:D
I hope whatever you deciede works out great for you.
Maybe some-one who has worked a bitch before and after would be able to give you a real life account of whats its like for them (dog and owner).

Good luck to ya, either way :D
Lewie
Benson