including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 18:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: F3 Miniature Australian multi-gen Chocolate avail for stud
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 09:46 

Liz yours is an Australian Labradoodle :D she is not a two breed dog, and I am sure you can see a big difference in her to the other Labradoodle Origins (UK Labradoodles) that you have met?

This is my point they are not the same as Labradoodle Origins so it is misleading people to say that a Labradoodle Origin is an Australian Labradoodle, if I had brought this dog I would be very cross that it had been mis sold. Labradoodle Origins are lovely to but different, I bred some fab Labradoodle Origins and I am very proud of them!

http://miniaturelabradoodles.mfbiz.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_h/show/

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 13:34 

My point is that names have been hijacked...

A shepherd born in Germany could rightly call themself a german shepherd. It doesn't make them a dog :) It's ironic that a UK born labradoodle can be called an Australian Labradoodle, when a labradoodle born in Australia cant...

If someone had a Chinese Labradoodle available for stud, none of this fuss would have happened.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 13:55 

I agree there.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 14:31 

I've been on this forum for nearly a year there and found it so so helpful and friendly with advice pre getting Barclay and now we have him. There is one thing though that seems to turn an otherwise friendly, pleasant and balanced forum into a more negative, almost angry forum and that is the Aussie versus English Labradoodle situation.

My understanding is that the Australian Labradoodle is a mix of more than just poodle and labrador. Hence making it different from the English. Furthermore the Aussie is recognised breed at least in Australia.

I understand the history of puppy farming in Oz and then here in connection with the Aussie's but if you judge a breed everytime it sufferes from puppy farms then you would have no dogs - it's not just doods that are farmed sadly and its not the breeds fault after all but the unscrupulous people that choose to do that.

From my (limited) experience both Aussie and English and 50/50 doods are all wonderful dogs with wonderful temperament. Everyone on this forum has all dogs interests at heart and that includes the health of puppies etc.

The ESN debate rolls on too - i personally can see both sides of the argument and think both are very valid.

Barclay is a 50/50 Aussie and i must admit that I do feel sometimes that because of that perhaps I should not be on here. It sometimes feels as if any Aussie doods are labelled as being from puppy farms, with owners who don't care because of the ESN.

Surely there is room for both breeds and it can finally be accepted that there are many good Aussie dood breeders in the UK.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 15:11 

Barclay and you have every right to be on this forum. Just do not take everything to heart.

I for one like them all whatever the mix. :)

Coco & Barney

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 15:49 

I quite agree Linda. All dogs can be lovely, no matter what their parentage.

All they want is to be treated with loving kindness, and bred to be healthy and have happy dispositions.

It doesn't matter one jot what sort of Doodle any of them are, Aussie, Original, Scruffy, Labrasmoothie, Hairy Cornflake or whatever. They are all welcome on here, along with the odd Cockerpoo, or ...poo of any other description, and several honorary Doods too.

The whole Aussie debate has got very heated since the revelations came out that Beverley Manners of Rutland Manor (the self-branded founder of Aussies) was nothing more than a money grabbing puppy farmer and no-one has a clue what mix was in her dogs because she hasn't a clue herself, having taken in dogs from puppy farms, out of newspaper adverts etc etc.

Thankfully, in the UK at least, many of the Aussie breeders have integrity and ensure their dogs are well cared for and try to breed for health. You only have to look at Debbie's lovely dogs (Freedom) where she has introduced Merle Collie into the mix to see that Doodles can be a wonderful variety and still come up with cracking personalities (although I hear her puppies are naughtier than most :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

If you want to spend vast sums on buying Aussie Doodles then it is up to you to really ensure that your dog's parents are what you expect and are as described.

But on here everyone's dogs are 'special' (and my Beccles is more 'special' than most much of the time but not in quite the way I might want :roll: :lol: )

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 16:43 

Instead of arguing about who has what why don’t the UK Aussie breeders just DNA test their breeding stock to see what exactly is in the mix, I would have thought that the most sensible thing to do after past events at RM, TP etc Image

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 17:53 

Sorry for being thick (and going slightly off topic and thread hijacking) but what exactly are Rutland Manor and Tegan Park? I have a general idea about what they are, but I've heard lots of negative things about them. Are they puppy mills?
And the Aussie Doodles (or UK) I see advertised with 'Rutland Manor' or 'Tegan Park' dogs in their ancestory are soo expensive!! I saw one breeder advertising their puppies for £1,500 because their Grandparents were from there!!! :shock: :|

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 18:57 

GUNNER wrote:
Instead of arguing about who has what why don’t the UK Aussie breeders just DNA test their breeding stock to see what exactly is in the mix, I would have thought that the most sensible thing to do after past events at RM, TP etc Image

Exactly....

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 20:06 

How do you know we haven't done it already?????

http://miniaturelabradoodles.mfbiz.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_h/show/

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:25 

Have read the posts with interest. Having just had our 'pure Australian Miniature labradoodle' (:roll: :roll: ) for almost 2 weeks, I wondered if it would help to copy and paste the information I received from our pups breeder who is 1 of only 2 breeders in Scotland of the Australian labradoodle?

Personally after weeks of researching for the correct breed of pup and considering my own families situation, I deliberately tried to source a reputable breeder of the Australian labradoodles. Please don't shoot me down in flames as I LOVE all doodles, UK or Australian!! However, ridiculously expensive as they are, the unique characteristics of the Australian labradoodle breed were important to our family.

I did my homework before committing to reserving our pup! I am more than satisfied with our pups breeder (and we did visit a number of times). She has openly answered ALL of my 100's of questions and we are over the moon with our puppy. It was plainly obvious that she was passionate about all her dogs. One of my very good friends also has 2 Australian labradoodles from the same breeder.

Just before I post her reply, I would like to say that throughout my research I did see numerous adverts selling 'Australian labradoodles' (they clearly were not) which to a 'lay' person would be very confusing and misleading, especially if the cost is replicable to the cost of a true 'Australian labradoodle'.
I would also like to re-iterate that I love ALL doodles and only chose the Australian breed for the aspects of the breed that I felt were important to our family.

This was my breeders answer to my question I put to her regarding an explanation of the origin of our pup and what qualifies us to refer to him as a 'Pure Australian labradoodle' but honestly when I'm asked "which breed of dog he is"? I DO say 'labradoodle' :lol: .

The breeders explanation:

a complicated business but will try to explain for you.

UK labradoodles are
F1= labrador x poodle
F2 =labradoodle x labradoodle and so on
F1b= Labradoodle x poodle

Australians are different they are ALF's (Australian labradoodle Foundation)

ALf 1, Alf2, ALF 3 etc............

ALF 1 x ALF 1 = ALF 2

To move up a generation say from ALF2 to ALF 3 it must be Australian labradoodle to Australian labradoodle, if you bred back to one of the parent breeds the puppy would go right back to the beginning to ALF1.

L and A's (referring to Ozzy's parents) pups are no longer ALF because 'L' is an ALF 6 and 'A' is ALF 6, if you have not bred back to any parent breeds for 6 generations on either parent side the pups then reach "Pure" status.
So 'L' and 'A' pups no longer have a generation number but are classed as "Pure Australian Labradoodles"
Technically though if you wanted to give them a number it would be AL 7th generation pure Australian labradoodle.

The ALAEU, ALA and ALAA are actually changing the grading system at the moment but regardless Ozzy will be pure, you will get a pedigree from the ALAEU with his grading on it.

Hope this helps and I home I havent added fuel to an already simmering fire... :oops:
xxx

250347_10150263988313664_777333663_7437540_2913232_n

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:21 

If anyone wants to find out about Rutland Manor and Tegan Park then book yourself a day off and have a read of these two sites.

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... 5nJbvPAN9A

If you have a week free then you can always go back about two or three years on my posts and see what happened on here in the past.

It's a long and sorry story. :cry:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 04:10 

It's also interesting that of the original 4 Australian breeders of the multi gen doods, only 1 is left. There are probably more breeders of Australian doods in the UK and USA than in Oz.

The latest thing from Tamaruke, toy poodle sized "labradoodles". Coming to UK soon - miniature doods so 2010 :wink: :)

Certainly agree with the "viva la difference" when it comes to doods. It's been a roller coaster ride, and hopefully best practice will ensure that all the dogs are happy and healthy.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 08:05 

I have two UK Doodles and one Aussie, I love all my dogs but tge difference between the UKs and Aussie are marked in all aspects, temperament, looks, even the way they move. It's obvious to most people who know my dogs that my Aussie Dood is different to the other two.

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

Last edited by Pippin on 02 Jun 2011, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 08:08 

Quote:
I've been on this forum for nearly a year there and found it so so helpful and friendly with advice pre getting Barclay and now we have him. There is one thing though that seems to turn an otherwise friendly, pleasant and balanced forum into a more negative, almost angry forum and that is the Aussie versus English Labradoodle situation.

My understanding is that the Australian Labradoodle is a mix of more than just poodle and labrador. Hence making it different from the English. Furthermore the Aussie is recognised breed at least in Australia.

I understand the history of puppy farming in Oz and then here in connection with the Aussie's but if you judge a breed everytime it sufferes from puppy farms then you would have no dogs - it's not just doods that are farmed sadly and its not the breeds fault after all but the unscrupulous people that choose to do that.

From my (limited) experience both Aussie and English and 50/50 doods are all wonderful dogs with wonderful temperament. Everyone on this forum has all dogs interests at heart and that includes the health of puppies etc.

The ESN debate rolls on too - i personally can see both sides of the argument and think both are very valid.

Barclay is a 50/50 Aussie and i must admit that I do feel sometimes that because of that perhaps I should not be on here. It sometimes feels as if any Aussie doods are labelled as being from puppy farms, with owners who don't care because of the ESN.

Surely there is room for both breeds and it can finally be accepted that there are many good Aussie dood breeders in the UK.

Like you I read this forum all the time and I totally agree with you.

Clare and Pebbles

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next