HIP SCORED STUD DOGS

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
Katie Rourke

Re: HIP SCORED STUD DOGS

Post by Katie Rourke » 04 Sep 2007, 22:56

Congratulations Jackie!

Hermione cleared her Optigen prcd-pra test and was hip and elbow scored (as a labradoodle) on Sunday 2nd Sept - so obviously I'm still awaiting the results of these tests.

Anyone keeping count here?? :!:
Katie is a passionate canine professional who has been working with dogs all of her adult life. She is an experienced clicker trainer and has trained dogs for Films and TV. Katie now runs http://www.centrestagedoggrooming.co.uk/home.html.

Aero05

Post by Aero05 » 04 Oct 2007, 19:04

:) HEY EVERYONE :)

I've been in touch with the B.V.A. to find out when the next set of BREED MEAN SCORES will be available. They havesaid that the next list won't be until Jan 2008.

So we'll have to wait a bit for that.

T.T.F.N.
ANDREA, JOHN, SAMMI + RICCO

freedom

Post by freedom » 04 Oct 2007, 21:41

Kushti is hip scored 8:6 Elbows 0 Optigen prcd-pra test Clear
Casey, her sister hip scored 7:2
Both as Labradoodles.

lucy courtney

Post by lucy courtney » 04 Oct 2007, 21:51

I spoke to the B V A on monday as we have had our Mini poodle stud dog hip scored ,(awaiting results)and they tell me 140 labradoodles have been hip scored in the last year,The test score will be the same for a mini dood as it is for a large doodle,
Annettes Labradoodles: http://www.annetteslabradoodles.co.uk

The Labradoodle Club Of Great Britain: http://www.labradoodleclub.co.uk

Annette Courtney and Lucy Courtney

Jakester61

Post by Jakester61 » 05 Oct 2007, 11:44

Just as a matter of interest the ILA/ALAA will except a BVA hip score up to 25 for Labradoodles! They have thousands of results in their database.

:mrgreen:

Jackie
Tora's Australian Labradoodles
http://www.australian-labradoodles.co.uk

Aero05

Post by Aero05 » 22 Nov 2007, 15:49

:D HEY EVERYONE :D

Well we don't have the certificate back yet, but we had a faxed result from the B.V.A. for Ricco's hip-score.According to the fax his total is 8. Sorry I don't know how the breakdown is. As soon as we get his certificate back I'll let you all know.

T.T.F.N.

Aero05

Post by Aero05 » 13 Feb 2008, 22:03

:evil: B.V.A. STRIKE AGAIN :evil:

Eventually got Ricco's certificate back. As I said previously, they faxed a score of 8 to his vet. We now have the certificate and his score is infact 8-8. Not quite what they advised.

His breakdown is very level and reads as follows:-
Norberg Angle R3 L3
Subluxation R3 L3
Cranial Ace edge R2 L2

Sorry for the error in the previous message.

T.T.F.N.

DaisyDoodles

Post by DaisyDoodles » 19 Feb 2008, 09:55

Aero05 wrote::) HEY EVERYONE :)

I've been in touch with the B.V.A. to find out when the next set of BREED MEAN SCORES will be available. They havesaid that the next list won't be until Jan 2008.

So we'll have to wait a bit for that.

T.T.F.N.
The new list for 2008 (up to november '07) is released, very interesting results with 143 Labradoodles tested with scores ranging from 1 to 83 recorded and the BMS for Doodles is now up to 14 in group F (dogs not recognised by the Kennel Club)

http://www.bva.co.uk/public/chs/Breed_M ... _-2008.pdf
Every day, in every way, I will try to be a better person

yoz1881

Post by yoz1881 » 19 Feb 2008, 10:16

I knew the new BMS was out, great that it is now a better representation of scores for the breed.
I had my boys done late last year, but they won't have been taken into account for the new BMS, as they were done a day after the cut off date.

Dylan (F3) hips scored 3:6 (all scores 2 or under), elbows 0:0, and he has a clear eye certificate
Roger (F3) hips scored 6:8 (all scores 3 or under), elbows 0:0, and he also has a clear eye certificate
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)

manxlabradoodle

Post by manxlabradoodle » 24 Mar 2008, 23:01

Hi

I am new to breeding, I would like to breed my F1 black doodle with a standard black poodle. I have done a bit of reading on Aussie standards etc, and british standards. I live on the Isle of Man, so would have to travel to have PVA eye scores done. Does anyone know who I would go to in the Preston area to have this done. WE went to the vets to have the hip score done, unfortunately he cannot send the x rays off for scoring until we are registered with the KC. I have been on the KC site and cannot work out how to register a labradoodle, are we supposed to register it as a companion dog or a working dog...... really confused and would appreciate some experienced help. I desperatly want one of Hollies pups and want her to have one litter.

Any help would be very welcome

regards
Margaret Knight

yoz1881

Post by yoz1881 » 24 Mar 2008, 23:20

You don't have to have the dog registered with the KC in order to send off the x-rays for scoring. We just put their chip number on the form, but the vet said that we didn't even have to do that.
I think that your vet is probably of the old school type, and only knows of pedigree dogs being scored, as it really isn't necessary for them to be registered with the KC.
As long as you make sure that he puts labradoodle on the form, all should be fine. If he has any doubts, get him to phone the BVA to confirm.
I'm afraid I can't help with the eye testing, as we're not in your area, but sure someone will help out
Good luck
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)

Aero05

Post by Aero05 » 24 Mar 2008, 23:41

:o HEY MARGARET :o

Catherine is right and I'm afraid your Vet is very much mistaken. My 2 labradoodles are hip scored. The vet just puts their Identichip number on the form as a means of identification and reference. Tell your vet to have a look at the B.V.A.'s Breed Mean Scores and he'll see that they have at least 140 labradoodles scored already.

Good luck with your hip score.

T.T.F.N.