New breeder,tips wanted puppy's due soon

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
Bonbon

New breeder,tips wanted puppy's due soon

Post by Bonbon » 02 Aug 2013, 05:37

Hello,My Miniature Australian Labradoodle is in pup and due very soon has anyone got any tips for me about the whelping please? I have read all what I have to but a friendly word of advise would be really nice. I had her scanned yesterday and things are looking good. I am following the codes of practice. Thanks

Norwood

Re: New breeder,tips wanted puppy's due soon

Post by Norwood » 02 Aug 2013, 16:20

sorry, don't know anything about bringing these little beauties into the world but wishing you well.

Bid

Post by Bid » 02 Aug 2013, 17:14

If it's your first litter, perhaps asking a local breeder to be there with you would be the way to go - I know a few people who have done that the first time - everything is OK as long as it goes well, but if there is a problem a little experience would make a huge difference, I imagine :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Bonbon

Post by Bonbon » 02 Aug 2013, 17:29

Yes,that would be nice unfortunately I don't know any breeders nearby.put any advice would be very helpful,it's kind of you to answer.

michala

Post by michala » 02 Aug 2013, 21:25

Where are you - it's quite daunting, I don't mind helping out but you would also possibly need vet support. My vet has been brilliant if ever I have had a worry, whatever the time of night. It's nearly always in the night!

Tania&Bella

Post by Tania&Bella » 03 Aug 2013, 07:34

The 'book of the bitch' is a good book with information about if things go wrong. It was recommended by my Vet as I wanted information on Bellas season.

Tania xxx

Ps keep us posted please :-D
Tania Neil Harry Bella and now Sully
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Aug 2013, 15:00

Most agricultural colleges do course for dog breeders - Poppy's breeder did one before her first litter, but I guess if your litter is due soon it might be a bit late for that :|
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Bonbon

Post by Bonbon » 03 Aug 2013, 15:56

Thank you every one was just wanted any extra tips.Have already got that book that was mentioned .As we all have to learn I thought this Forum would of be helpful but found the outcome very interesting in more ways than one!! To the nice folks out there in doggie land Thankyou.