Looking for a Black or Chocolate Male

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
spikey1970

Looking for a Black or Chocolate Male

Post by spikey1970 » 04 Aug 2007, 17:41

We are looking for a black or chocolate labradoodle stud dog to mate with our cream F1 labradoodle bitch.

We are not professional breeders, but rather a family who would like our lovely female to have one lot of puppies.

We live in East Yorkshire but would travel to most places within reason, (pref locally of course) in the country to find the right mate for her.

She is due to come into season mid-end of sept.

Any help would be appreciated in finding a mate!
Please take a look at a few pics of Phoebe, she is 20 months old, and feel free to call me on 07736929828.

many thanks

Mike
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikes-labradoodle/

Katie Rourke

Post by Katie Rourke » 04 Aug 2007, 19:35

Hi Spikey

Has Phoebe had all of her health tests done?

http://www.barleors-labradoodles.co.uk/ ... tPage.html

She could be a "carrier" for all sorts of things ... and you really need to rule this out. If you've not already done the research you would be well advised to get professional help. I'm sure you'd be devastated if you produced a litter of puppies with hip defects or pups that went blind with PRA?

If I can help please feel free to PM me. There are other breeders on this website who would also help who have expert knowledge of the poodle and lab lines that carry these problems.

Of course if she is tested and you've done your homework please forgive me for jumping in. :oops:

Kind regards

Katie.
Katie is a passionate canine professional who has been working with dogs all of her adult life. She is an experienced clicker trainer and has trained dogs for Films and TV. Katie now runs http://www.centrestagedoggrooming.co.uk/home.html.

spikey1970

Post by spikey1970 » 04 Aug 2007, 20:03

We have had her checked regularly and she has also had a full xray as our vet wont hip score a non pedigree dog. The results were all fine and she has no health issues. The only thing she needed was her anal glands sorting which involved a small op. We bought her off a reputable Labradoodle breeder which helps. Otherwise, she's a fluffy bundle of joy.
Thanks for the words of guidance.
Mike

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 04 Aug 2007, 20:30

It isn't your vet that does the hip score but the BVA and it is not expensive to complete the task. Any dog can be hip scored, whether pedigree or not so it might be a good idea to get the vet to send off the x-ray.
Funnily enough I took two for their hip score appointment today, the only drawback is the 6 weeks roughly it will take to get the result back.
ps a number of studs are pretending to hip scores that have not been done, dont get caught, see the paperwork
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 04 Aug 2007, 22:21

She's a beautiful dog Mike, hope things work out well for you. :D .

tanya

phoebe

Post by tanya » 04 Aug 2007, 22:32

oh she's gorgeous!! i'm sure my bobby would love her, but he's a bit young!! lol!! he's only 11 weeks!!
anyway good luck, she'll have beautiful babies
tanya

susiegill

Post by susiegill » 04 Aug 2007, 22:35

:lol:

Beautiful girl, wishing you lots of luck :D
Susan, Rosie & Molly
http://www.susiedoodles.piczo.com
DON'T TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER!

Labradorable

Post by Labradorable » 05 Aug 2007, 00:05

Hi Mike

I had the same response initially when I wanted to get our doodle hipscored. The vet said they couldn't x-ray her with a view to hipscoring as she was not a pedigree, but they can do it by the microchip number. Our vet actually phoned the BVA to check and it was fine.

Good luck, your girl is very pretty.

spikey1970

Post by spikey1970 » 05 Aug 2007, 00:35

Many thanks to all of you who are replying, your advice is priceless and your kind words about Phoebe are gratefully received. You all, likewise, have very beautiful Doodles. I do have to be very careful in spoiling her with affection however. as my fiancee feels left out, lol. We're getting married in three weeks and its a tough choice who to take on the honeymoon!!!
Thanks again
Mike

Carole Elliott

Post by Carole Elliott » 05 Aug 2007, 09:52

Our vet has said the same and that they see no need to have him hip scored. We'll go back and try what Kay has suggested and hopefully get some results this time!

Gorgeous girl you have there :D
Kind Regards x

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 05 Aug 2007, 10:56

She's a beauty, Mike :D

She looks like a Kimberlenes doodle, is she ?

Good luck with the hip scoring btw. :D

Katie Rourke

Post by Katie Rourke » 05 Aug 2007, 14:32

Carole Elliott wrote:Our vet has said the same and that they see no need to have him hip scored.
Personally I find that quite :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

Who is your vet to decide whether to submit your results to the BVA or not? Is that not a bit like your mechanic saying "your car's alright - why are you insisting on an MOT?" :evil:

Sorry :oops: ... off my soap-box now :!: :wink:
Katie is a passionate canine professional who has been working with dogs all of her adult life. She is an experienced clicker trainer and has trained dogs for Films and TV. Katie now runs http://www.centrestagedoggrooming.co.uk/home.html.

spikey1970

Post by spikey1970 » 05 Aug 2007, 19:18

She's not a Kimberline Doodle. We got her from a breeder in Kent. She breeds Labra and Golden Doodles.
Thanks for the nice comments though

Mike

glenis

Post by glenis » 07 Aug 2007, 14:45

HI

We were just discussing this the other day, as we have a wonderful black labradoodle, he was the only black dog in the litter all the others were brown. His dad was a minature poodle and his mam was a small standard labrador. His temperament is wonderful (we have also got his sister) he is loyal and very loveable. He is not 1` year old until November but he has all his equipment (you know what I mean). Like you I am not a breeder (we have had dogs all our lives) so I do not know if he would be old enough. I could send some photos if you would like to see them.

Glen, and Dougal (also sis Molly)

Doodie's_mum

Post by Doodie's_mum » 07 Aug 2007, 18:20

Hi glenis

Is your Molly and Dougal the same Molly and Dougal from Doncaster (Nadine)? If so, I have their sister, Doodie, and also annemc has Ruby, the other sister. There is also a new pup on the block called Roxy, she's a sister from the latest litter.

Check out the thread under general discussion - 'Looking for Roxy's family'. We're all on there.

Would love to see some photos...... :D