Good Bye precious puppy

Use this area if you are thinking of breeding from your dog and are looking for a suitable 'partner'!
PennyAli

Good Bye precious puppy

Post by PennyAli » 18 Jan 2008, 14:36

I have been asked to copy my post here as their are so many people that want to breed, but please consider this first and how would you cope? I certainly don't find it easy!

This is for any one who thinks breeding is easy, today I have had to say goodbye to one of my precious pups, as I sit here I am short for breath and cannot even see what I am typing properly, he was only born on Monday and as normal I was there for every thing making sure each and every one was OK with them all born in their lovely white super clean whelping box with not a penny spared camera set up looking and listening to the box 24 hours a day, mum and pups were doing great until last night when in the middle of the night 3 of them stopped feeding properly, I took them to the vets who said they have got a infection and gave them injections and rehydration fluid but despite this one of my poor little pups just died at home in my arms, Molly knows something is very wrong and I feel so sad for her, this is for anyone who thinks breeding is easy, because it knocks you down like a tone of bricks when things don't go to right.

smilerz

Re: Good Bye precious puppy

Post by smilerz » 18 Jan 2008, 15:30

Im am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the other puppies are recovering. I agree it is so very important for people not to just go head first into breeding, there is a lot of ups and downs. It is very emotional and can be expensive. I have been working in the animal sector from a very young age and it is never easy when you loose an animal be it a puppy, foal or any other animal the feelings of the loss are very hard and as you say it does knock you down. But you must keep strong for the rest of the litter and for the mother she needs you more than ever.

I am shedding a tear reading you story. You are well respected and I hope people take on bored what you have said.

Here's a big hug from us all here and the team and give mum and pups a big hug.

All our love

Adele, Adam and Team xxxx

Fraggle69

Post by Fraggle69 » 18 Jan 2008, 16:12

Oh Lisa I'm so so sorry :( My god I've just phoned you I feel terrible :oops:

Big hugs and lots of love Kelly x

jessie

Post by jessie » 18 Jan 2008, 18:48

Lisa - Once again I'm really really sorry to hear about the little 'n - but please do not blame yourself - nobody could be a better person to bring these pups into the world - there was nothing you could have done - it was just meant to be. You are my doggy hero! Jessie sends you a big lick, Love Lesley x

RALPHY

Post by RALPHY » 18 Jan 2008, 19:54

So so sorry.

Hugs from us to you.
Pam and Doodles, Darcee and Declann
Fundraising Manager for Labradoodle Trust

grainne

Post by grainne » 18 Jan 2008, 20:29

thinking of you

xxx

Wills Miller

Post by Wills Miller » 18 Jan 2008, 20:38

So very sorry for the loss of your puppy, we sincerely hope the other puppies are well and healthy, and that mummy does fine. Love Jill, William x
Jill & William Miller
xx

bluecroft

Post by bluecroft » 18 Jan 2008, 21:29

That's so terribly sad, Lisa.

Love to you, the other pups and to Mum.

Tina and Chandi.XX
See Chandi the **amazing dancing dog** on UTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3VgRrXHOeE
http://www.bluecroft.co.uk home of Chandi and Pepper (Colliedoodle).

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 18 Jan 2008, 21:34

so sorry for you Lisa, Hope Mum and other pups are ok :(
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Dawn&Rosie

Post by Dawn&Rosie » 18 Jan 2008, 21:39

So sorry to hear your terrible loss.
I have every respect for the breeders that thrive to do it right.
And for you to share this in the hopes that something positive will come from it is a wonderful thing to do. That in itself shows that you are thinking of the dogs before your own grief, thankyou.

bobby_more

Post by bobby_more » 18 Jan 2008, 23:11

How sad. I do hope the other pups recover quickly, you must be so worried about them -thinking of you Lisa, you must be exhausted as well as devastated.

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 18 Jan 2008, 23:49

I am so so sorry it must be terrible for the Mother and yourself.
Take care and thinking of you x
Caroline x

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 19 Jan 2008, 07:28

Thanks every one for your kind messages, and emails phone calls and PM's

Bid

Post by Bid » 19 Jan 2008, 20:08

Oh Lisa that is so sad - Daisy's breeder Bridget lost 2 puppies from her last litter & she was absolutely devastated by it. Thank goodness your experience helped you recognise that something was wrong, and you were able to save the other poorly puppies.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron