Waldo very sick to stay in Vets On Drip

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Carole g

Re: Waldo very sick to stay in Vets On Drip

Post by Carole g » 02 Jun 2009, 00:05

I know that we are all directing healing thoughts to this little boy, send a prayer.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

amber

Post by amber » 02 Jun 2009, 00:10

Absolutely. Will be praying tonight

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 02 Jun 2009, 00:28

Carole g wrote:I know that we are all directing healing thoughts to this little boy, send a prayer.
Definately, sending little Waldo lots of prayers for a speedy recovery, and of course thinking of you too Margaret.

Bid

Post by Bid » 02 Jun 2009, 00:58

Oh how horrible for little Waldo! :( . Sending him all the good vibes I can, and hugs to you Margaret too! I think you said that his Mum is poorly - has the breeder said what exactly is wrong with her. Thank goodness you took him to the vet.

This is not what it should be like bringing your new baby home :( At least he is getting all the care he possibly can at the vets.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 02 Jun 2009, 04:07

Oh dear, poor little Waldo. :cry: :cry:

As others have said, do try not to worry as he is in the best place and the vet will sort out the problems.

It is an incredibly hot time for little pups and, since his Mum is ill too, he may well have got something passed on from her. He will pick up fast on the antibs and soon be bouncing around the garden again.

To be charitable to the breeder, it might be that he did not realise the pups could have the problem passed on from Cindy Mum and was just following his vet's advice by getting the pups homed quickly so she could get better. I see from your past post that the vet is next to his place so think your vet should contact his vet ASAP so everyone is aware of the situation.

Do either you or Bella's Mum know of any of the other puppies owners? If so pass the word quickly first thing as all the pups will need treatment ASAP.

We are all thinking of little Waldo and sending healing wishes to him to get better. Keep in touch, you have understanding friends here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 02 Jun 2009, 07:43

Just checking in to say I hope you managed to get some sleep, Margaret. Fingers still crossed for little Waldo and hoping for some good news this morning.
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

amber

Post by amber » 02 Jun 2009, 08:16

Is there any news, Margaret? Sent out prayers last night.
No sleep here very much.

I've also sent you a private message.

linny

Post by linny » 02 Jun 2009, 09:07

Just checking to see if there is any good news this morning :?: :?:
Big hug from me Margaret.

Gypsysmum

Post by Gypsysmum » 02 Jun 2009, 10:14

Margaret, i really hope Waldo is ok. Im disgusted to be honest. I know we should give breeder chance, but i just knew something like this was going to happen. Obviously not to Waldo but to one of the pups. Bella and Rosie were at vet yesterday and everything seemed fine, although Rosie was underweight but temp ok. Do you think i should take them back and advise vet of situation?
Thoughts and prayers to you and Waldo
Lynsay x

Lynsay & Bella

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 02 Jun 2009, 10:21

In my honest opinion, yes, you must let your vet know about Waldo and have another look at Bella and Rosie. It is very important just in case they have something lying low. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about but you can't be too careful. Hope there's nothing to worry about. xxx
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 02 Jun 2009, 22:40

Hi Love to Waldo and hope he is soon well and his siblings are also well . To stop this happening to another litter of puppies the breeder needs to be named and shamed otherwise he will cash in again probably from the same bitch that is poorly now ( I do not know who this person is so I am not looking for a fight)

Clare

Post by Clare » 03 Jun 2009, 07:31

CAROL SHAW wrote:Hi Love to Waldo and hope he is soon well and his siblings are also well . To stop this happening to another litter of puppies the breeder needs to be named and shamed otherwise he will cash in again probably from the same bitch that is poorly now ( I do not know who this person is so I am not looking for a fight)
Hope he gets better and that none of the other pups are sick. I agree with Carol. So glad you got him to the vet.

Clare and Pebbles

bagpussy

Post by bagpussy » 03 Jun 2009, 17:01

I'm sorry to hear about the puppies that aren't well, it's really upsetting to read.

I also just wanted to say that thank God that these puppies have been bought by such loving and caring families who will nuture them back to health at any cost. Imagine if they had been reared by puppy farmers who might not even bother with a vet, due to the costs, ...until it's too late!

I hope all the little ones get well very soon.

xxx