FARTS!

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Bubbarooandemmatoo

FARTS!

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 08 Aug 2009, 12:59

OMG, pass me a peg! :lol:

Woof has been fed on JWB for ages now,we tend to swop between the turkey and lamb one for junior dogs. He also has raw chicken wings, occasionally sardines and often lamb nuggest (natures menu), although not all at the same time! Thing is, he has always done the occasional fart :roll: but lately they are bloody horrendous!. Im talking, head tucked in the top of your jumper variety, whilst wafting said pong out the way of your noise. Hes on the lamb JWB at the mo, do you think its this?

Has anyone changed their dogs diets to not prevent, but at least minimise the wind issues of their dog. OMG, hes sitting right below me and just let out another. :oops: :roll:

Hes been pooping a hell of a lot to, and I havent upped his food intake at all. Its also all in solid bits and of firm consistancy, so I wouldnt have presumed it was tum trouble. Grim subject I know, but Id be happy to change his diet to something where we dont have to relocate in the garden every 10 mins that would be great.

Any ideas?

Em.x

MrsAdmin

Re: FARTS!

Post by MrsAdmin » 08 Aug 2009, 15:46

Hi

Why not get a bag or two of Orijen and give that a whirl, mixed with his JWB to start with. Both Jack and Becky are much much better in the fart department now :P They too had problems with JWB.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

margaret5000

Post by margaret5000 » 08 Aug 2009, 16:52

Waldo is on ND and JWB and like you say sometimes it is OMG bad enough to make your eyes water.
Margaret and WALDO

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 08 Aug 2009, 17:07

Why is it that anything to do with Woof makes me laugh! :lol: :lol:

No help to you Em sorry :oops:

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 08 Aug 2009, 21:54

Thanks guys, looks like we'll try the Orijen, give it a whirl and see how his backside goes! lol

Does anyone know if a pure BARF diet releases the same amount of toxic gas :lol: as a kibble? I wonder if any BARFers could help me here?

Do pets at Home stock Orijen :?:

Also to any BARFers how did you progress from starting with a few chicken wings to a full on BARF diet?
What was your process if gradual in stages? I think I may have to start a new thread for that one as I think "FARTS" may not attract the best advice! lol. :lol:

Thanks all,

Em.x

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 08 Aug 2009, 22:53

They aren't shy are they! Boiled cabbage springs to mind! :oops: :shock: Although mine arent fed on JWB anymore they can still smell pretty rank, and often after they have released something offensive, they look at me as if to say! 'what?'!!
ImageImageImage

Saramel

Post by Saramel » 08 Aug 2009, 23:05

Bubbarooandemmatoo wrote:Thanks guys, looks like we'll try the Orijen, give it a whirl and see how his backside goes! lol

Does anyone know if a pure BARF diet releases the same amount of toxic gas :lol: as a kibble? I wonder if any BARFers could help me here?

Do pets at Home stock Orijen :?:

Also to any BARFers how did you progress from starting with a few chicken wings to a full on BARF diet?
What was your process if gradual in stages? I think I may have to start a new thread for that one as I think "FARTS" may not attract the best advice! lol. :lol:

Thanks all,

Em.x
The toxic gas has reduced considerably as has the volume of waste. I went straight over the BARF with Dexter as he seems to have the constitution of an ox but other people take it more slowly.

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 09 Aug 2009, 08:49

Hi Em

Sadly Pets at Home don't do Orijen but you can buy it at some individual pet shops or online and delivery is quick and easy.

It seems expensive because it's smaller bags (13.5kg instead of 15kg) you don't need to feed so much because it's higher protein and not bulked out with cereals. It also means not such vast amounts of poo to collect, which has got to be a good thing

I usually get it from http://www.gjwtitmuss.co.uk/ who do free delivery if you order two bags, and also throw in free dog toys, but I see that http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ have an offer on for two bags so I might get my next bulk order from them.

Just got to find somewhere to store it away from the painting going on and Becky's tendency to shove her head in the sack to grab a mouthful in passing :roll:

BARFing and home cooking sound excellent but I know realistically there is no way I can cope with doing the prep etc when life is still frantically hectic with working and STILL sorting out the house (latest problem - soaking wet walls from idiot builder putting up a car deck wrongly attached to the house :twisted: )

Now that's an idea - perhaps I could feed the builder to the dogs :idea: probably make them sick though, certainly has that effect on me :roll:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 09 Aug 2009, 12:52

Mrs Admin- It is a bit pricy -er isnt it. We'll give it a go tho and see what happens. All the reviews on it seem to be outstanding. IS there a difference between the fish and the regular adult food? Is the fish meant for an even more delicate tum or are they just choice so your dog doesnt get bored?

Em.x

Jac

Post by Jac » 10 Aug 2009, 10:19

Ever since my dogs switched to BARF there have been no farts! :D :D

I buy the food from Landywoods and they have recently reduced there minimum order to £30 which makes it easier if you've only got a small freezer.
The Bear

PennyC

Post by PennyC » 10 Aug 2009, 11:28

Hi Em,

Saw your posting. Pet Perfection at Crescent Way, Orpington, which is near me now stock Orijen (thinking of changing myself). It is quite expensive but apparently you dont need to feed them as much. Hope this helps.
Penny with Mia