Marli's operation!!!!!

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Carole g

Re: Marli's operation!!!!!

Post by Carole g » 16 Sep 2009, 22:14

Such good news that Marli is progressing well and you have had a pay out. Time will pass and she will get used to the limitations, but you will be so thrilled when she can play properly again.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

julies0708

Post by julies0708 » 17 Sep 2009, 15:21

great news about Marli and Morethan paying out, so glad for you

Doods just wanna have fun

Image Image

Jane

Post by Jane » 17 Sep 2009, 19:52

Hold on ladies, they have not payed out the biggy yet, i am still waiting to put that one in...........but cross your fingers. Secondly Carol g, do you think i should let the breeder know about Marli's health, ie hip dysplasia.

caroline.sid

Post by caroline.sid » 17 Sep 2009, 21:33

I am sure that most breeders would be keen to have updates on their pups' progress.
Also with forums like this around it may get back to them indirectly anyway (if they are not already following the forums anyway) - I think that it would be better coming directly from you.
Good luck with Marli - and here's hoping that he has a speedy recovery :)

graciedoodle

Post by graciedoodle » 17 Sep 2009, 22:05

Ah poor Marli, :( hope he feels better soon. I would like to know about any problems my pups have so i say yes do ring the breeder.
experienced hobby labradoodle breeder.all parents health tested and pups reared indoors and garden.f1s,f1bs and minis occasionly available.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 17 Sep 2009, 22:42

As graciedoodle says, any good breeder will want to know, how else can they adjust their plans?
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 18 Sep 2009, 05:29

Glad things are going well with Marli, fingers crossed MoreThan see sense and pay out. Disgusting what they are trying to do.

Keep us posted on her progress, I'm sure she will b back to her usual self in no time.

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

Yeti

Post by Yeti » 18 Sep 2009, 11:46

Hi Jane
Glad to hear the positive news from the operation and a step in the right direction from More Than and would be interested to hear Jacky's response, Bobby is insured with More than and his renewal went up over £3 a month.

Give Marli a hug from us and her brother Bobby

Terry & family
Terry

Jane

Post by Jane » 18 Sep 2009, 22:27

hi teery,
Marli is well on the road to recovery, already starting to try to hop skip and jump, going to be tough for the next 7 weeks keeping her quiet and on a lead i think! The surgeon said it would have been like having a rather large stone in your shoe, so i think she is feeling free of the stone shall we say! I have e mailed Jacky, but no reply as yet, and it was a lovely mail saying that Marli is the perfect (well nearly) specimen however she has elbow dysplasia and thought it best she knew, but as yet no reply will let you know if i do! More than have paid the x rays £200 first claim today, so the next is about to go in so cros your fingers. Although we are gutted that she has this we really would not swap her as she has been the ultimate pet, so hey ho, throw whatever at us now x x

Lots of love to all
Jane and family x

Odie's mum

Post by Odie's mum » 23 Sep 2009, 17:29

Hi Jane,

Haven't been on this site for yonks, but placed a thread for some advice earlier when I noticed yours - OMG poor Marli, I hope she's feeling better already, though I can't imagine what Odie would be like for 8 weeks lead walk only, he's BONKERS! Tears around the house leaping onto beds, chairs, sofas, anything he's not supposed to be on basically and then boinging off like he's got a rocket up his backside - would not be much good trying to get him to be calm & quiet - I think you got the well behaved one!

Will be interesting to see what Jacky says when (if) she replies to your email, as I said before Odie would be very lame often when he was a pup but (fingers crossed) seems to have grown out of it.

Lovely to see your baby arrived safely, thats great news, will post some new pics of naughty Odie (maybe with his lampshade on once we've had his boy-bits off next week).

Jules

Jane

Post by Jane » 23 Sep 2009, 19:50

Hi Jules,

No reply as yet but have let her know purely as the vet suggested it for future breeding, and i am sure she would want to know too. Odie does sound bonkers and would love to see him if we ever manange to meet up. Not sure if you got my message but i have since bumped into another sibbling, a bitch called Cole, the spit of Marli but far more poodly, and much lighter!

gemsie10

Post by gemsie10 » 28 Sep 2009, 19:15

Good Luck Marli with the op and hurry up and get well soon

Yeti

Post by Yeti » 07 Oct 2009, 19:32

Hi Jane

How's Marli? getting better all the time I hope, Did you ever hear from Jacky and more to the point did More than cough up? just hope she doesn't have any further problems

all the best

Terry and family

oh and Bobby :oops:
Terry