neutered tomorrow

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
KateW

Re: neutered tomorrow

Post by KateW » 06 Jan 2010, 23:32

Lovely photos; sure Jack will be fine tomorrow. Lots of dogs do recover very quickly so let's hope he is one of those :)

And your puppy is gorgeous. I adore Great Danes although I have never owned one. A friend always kept them so I am quite used to their soppy ways :D

Katherine
ImageImage

Tracycooper15

Post by Tracycooper15 » 07 Jan 2010, 17:52

Lorraine
I Hope Jack is okay today after his op and not in too much discomfort
Do let us know how he's doing
Tracy & Marmite x

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 07 Jan 2010, 18:35

How's he doing Lorraine?

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lorrainemch77

Post by lorrainemch77 » 07 Jan 2010, 18:56

its all over!! he is absolutely no different!! keeping him calm is impossible..he still wants to chase the pup about. jump up on the sofa, look out the window and to do so means stretching up on his hind legs. He seems no different...keep checking to make sure they are actually gone, lol

no cone either vet said he didnt need one..i have one anyway but dont think im going to have to put it on....well hopefully!

knowing my little devil :twisted: of a doodle... i will say he doesnt need one just as he decides to lick his sutures to death.

thanx for all your support xxxxx

and as for Sam my Great Dane your right...he is a big slobbering pet, all he wants to do is curl up on me or jack and sleep and likes to lick my arms and hands until they are literally soaking wet...lovely.

xx
Dogs make coming home a pleasure - every home should have one

KateW

Post by KateW » 07 Jan 2010, 19:04

That's good news, Lorraine :) Fingers crossed that he is one of those dogs who heal quickly, Glad that he is safely home; did Sam miss Jack or was he too busy sleeping without interruption :lol:

Katherine
ImageImage

lorrainemch77

Post by lorrainemch77 » 07 Jan 2010, 19:08

Sam got the whole dog sofa to himself and lay sprawled out like a weeks washing :lol:

i now think he will be just fine..unless he rips his sutures while acting like the mad man he is!!!!

I remember the days when i thought jack was placid...i think my first post mentioned how quiet he was! He broke me in gently, lol

Doddles are crafty little sods :lol:

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 07 Jan 2010, 20:37

That's great news, I'm so pleased he's recovered so well. It's good he doesn't need a cone either, Toby wouldn't leave his stitches alone and ended up with an infection, his collar was on for about a month - or it seemed like it. What a relief for you, worry over.

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 07 Jan 2010, 20:39

:shock: First of all, flippin heck I've just noticed the size of your puppy's feet, they are ENORMOUS and he is gorgeous!!!

Secondly, so glad Jack is ok after his op, its made me feel much happier about having Murphy "done" in a few weeks! Do you think it might be a good idea to put the cone on just in case he licks his stitches whilst you are asleep tonight??

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lorrainemch77

Post by lorrainemch77 » 08 Jan 2010, 11:01

he slept all night at the foot of my bed, being a mother im a light sleeper, only heard him go in for a lick once...told him no... he let out an almighty sigh at me and went back to sleep. So still no cone and the area looks less swollen already....he does have a large sac of skin hanging down...looks like his empty testicle sac! will this go away soon?

If murphy does as well as jack post op then you really dont have any worries..i expected thispost op dog that would need a wheelchair, lol....but he is honestly no different.

He does seem hungrier though...ate sams breakfast as well as his own this morning....am i supposed to up the amount of food i give him?

KateW

Post by KateW » 08 Jan 2010, 12:09

Glad Jack had a good night, Lorraine :) I expect he was hungry having missed a meal yesterday and one extra meal won't hurt him...

It is not a good idea to give extra food regularly just because the dog has been neutered. Some dogs do become more food oriented after the op and need to be monitored....

Katherine
ImageImage

lorrainemch77

Post by lorrainemch77 » 08 Jan 2010, 12:56

ok thank you, i wont feed him extra....he seems totally fixated by food today...currently sitting at his bowl drooling...tempted to give in but after reading that i wont...shall go distract him with something interesting.

thanx again

susieQ

Post by susieQ » 08 Jan 2010, 13:47

[....he does have a large sac of skin hanging down...looks like his empty testicle sac! will this go away soon?[/quote]

Yes, the sack will gradually shrink away. When I had my terrier done, I thought they'd made a mistake - didn't realise exactly how they did the op! :roll:

How's Jack doing now? Love the puppy!
Sue and Rosie