Stress Incontinence!

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Allison

Stress Incontinence!

Post by Allison » 09 Jun 2010, 20:16

Max was really easy to house train, although since he doesn't bark, it was just a question of letting him out a lot. However, he is now 7 months old and for the past month or so has been suffering from 'stress incontinence' whenever he is excited or being told off we have a bit of a leak. He doesn't seem to realise he is doing it most of the time. Is this a passing phase or something to worry about?
Allison & Max

eileenandmolly

Re: Stress Incontinence!

Post by eileenandmolly » 09 Jun 2010, 20:36

If there's any change in his wee habits, it might be worth checking with your vet. However, it could just be an excitement-wee! Molly regularly wee'd on visitors' shoes till she was......ooooh, can't quite remember, but probably at least a year old. It wasn't intentional - she was just so excited to see people, and so keen to greet them up close, that the end result was wee'd-on shoes :lol:

She's now nearly 4, and last Feb had a procedure under sedation at the vets - when I picked her up, she wee'd in excitement at seeing me. She was still a bit dopey after her sedation, and would hate to be reminded of her lapse :oops: :lol:
Ei, Molly and Saffie

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 09 Jun 2010, 20:39

My boy Ben used to wee a bit when a) excited b) as a sign of submission / fear when meeting people he viewed as dominant.
Now one year old and only does it at the vets!
So, fingers crossed Max will grow out of it.

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Jun 2010, 21:00

Daisy and Poppy both did the excited wee - Poppy still does it for some very special people :roll: :oops: . I have to explain to them that it is because they are her very very special friends :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

KateW

Post by KateW » 09 Jun 2010, 22:32

Unless Max has been castrated recently, I agree with the others that this is just excitement. If he has had the op recently I would take him back to the vet for a check up.....

Katherine
ImageImage

sami

Post by sami » 10 Jun 2010, 01:23

Oh yep,

The happy pee :roll: Barley used to wee on my OH's trousers when he came home from work, he's just turned 1 and hasn't done it in about 3 months. Fingers crossed it's a phase ....

SAM XXXXX
ImageImage

COOKIE & BARLEY xxx

trinared

Post by trinared » 10 Jun 2010, 20:43

Duffy does a happy-wee when OH comes home after a few days working away... and when she is standing on the scales at the vets cos they are making loads of fuss of her and she knows she's going to get her fave treat :oops: :roll: :lol:
Marley and Duffy