Adder's !

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Adam Lindley

Re: Adder's !

Post by Adam Lindley » 29 Jun 2010, 12:26

Lugging a dog is hard work, I carried on of our girls back up the beach after she'd hurt a foot - very big effort, lots of breaks. Carrying a labradonkey any distance would need a Sherpa :)

Depending on where has been bitten, a compression bandage also slows the toxins down, so strapping a leg would help (but not if the bite is on the nose :wink: )

Bid

Post by Bid » 29 Jun 2010, 14:35

If I tried to give Daisy a firemans lift, I think the panicking she would do would sent the venom racing round her system!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 29 Jun 2010, 15:15

It might sound a daft idea but Jack was surprisingly relaxed. I tried it with Becky and she was not having it at all and made her views very clear :roll: So it does depend on the personality of your dog :lol:

Maybe this is something we should all think about practising once in a while so our dogs think it is OK so we are ready in case of an emergency.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 20 Jul 2010, 16:49

Bumping this up after Boris's nasty experience....

Katherine
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 22 Jul 2010, 01:15

And bump again.....
ImageImage

grange

Post by grange » 24 Jul 2010, 13:16

Our vet said Boris was the 5th adder bite they've had this year, which, despite what people keep telling me about this year being a bad year because it's so hot, is about normal for this time of year
Sue

carly

Post by carly » 26 Jul 2010, 12:46

I'll bump this up again as we met another one on a different path in a different woods this weekend!

Again, luckily Logan seems to favour the dark thick undergrowth (especially if there might be any water or mud involved!) rather than walking down sunny paths so so far, touch wood he hasn't notised or seen either of them.

There does seem to be loads around this year, we have never seen them before!

Carly & Logan