I want to go but..........

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Madeleine

I want to go but..........

Post by Madeleine » 09 Sep 2010, 11:59

I'm being daft I know, my 2 babies are going to a home boarder for 2 weeks while we go to France. They have spent a long weekend with the lady and were fine but this is for 2 WEEKS!
Will they remember us ? will they give us a hard time when we get back ? will they be OK?
I have left my daughter at home but as she works long hours this was the only solution to make sure they were looked after. She will go and pick them up if a real problem and we have friends who will step in with her and help if necessary. So why do I feel awful ?
Am I normal ?!!
ImageImage

Mica1971

Re: I want to go but..........

Post by Mica1971 » 09 Sep 2010, 12:55

You sure are normal, either that or I'm not either! :lol:

We're going away for the weekend at the end of the month and although Marley will be with his day care friends boarding it's still traumatic! I know he will have a ball having doggy company for 24hrs a day, I know he loves them, I know they love him - BUT! :lol: :lol:

I think we wouldn't be normal if we didn't worry!

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

cngray

Post by cngray » 09 Sep 2010, 13:23

Normal...
We're going away this weekend, only for the weekend for my brothers wedding. we're trying to figure out any which way to take Gracie with us.

Hope you have a nice holiday!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 09 Sep 2010, 14:22

Bruno went in to kennels for 13 days when he was only 3 months old.
Did he remember us?
:roll: My god!!!! Didn't he just!!!! Wee'd himself with excitement when he saw us!!! :roll:
Of course they will, and they'll be older than mine was.........and stronger and heavier!! I pity the kennel attendant who has to re-unite you!! :lol:
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

baby_depardieu

Post by baby_depardieu » 09 Sep 2010, 14:28

i had to leave Betty with my Mum for a week the second week we got her as we already had a holiday booked before we got her.... I was still a bit frantic and my Mum is the BEST dog lover in the world.... i was worried that Betty wouldnt have had chance to bond enough and would forget me as she was only 12 weeks old.... She didnt forget....

Im sure your dogs will have a great time whilst you are away... but will LOVE having you back again...

Go and enjoy yourself and relax... and your babies will be fine :)
xxxxxxxx
The friendship of a dog is, without a doubt, more intense and more constant than that of man.~ Montaigne

mistyfox

Post by mistyfox » 09 Sep 2010, 14:29

Oh - I thought it was just me! I too hate leaving Podge when we go on holiday even though he's with my mum and dad. I seem to think of him as my third child and constantly worry about him (and miss him loads).

Your babies will be well cared for and at least they have each other. Enjoy your holiday.

spiders

Post by spiders » 09 Sep 2010, 21:52

Hi,

we had a 2 week holiday abroad in August and left Woody (who was 10 montsh old) with a homeboarder. Now she is also our groomer so she and Woody had met a couple of times before we had good vibes as, even for grooming, she would take him for 4 or 5 hours so he could have a good run with her dogs first. It didn't stop us missing him though, or worrying if we had done the right thing or that he wouldn't recognise us or would have forgotten us. We were so desperate to see him that we landed at the airport at 2.30 and were at her place by 4 to pick him up, suitcases in boot! All our worries disapeared as soon as we saw him - He must have even recognised the car as he was waiting at the door with his feet up watching through the galss panel! then he did a mad doodle dash round her kitchen!! He was soooo pleased to see us , it was great but more importantly he looked great too . We just knew he had had a good time ! Our homerboarder said that if we ever had to give him up she wanted first tabs on him as her and her husband thought he was fab

Woody is already booked in with her while we are in Newcastel for the Great North run weekend and our holiday next year but we feel really comfortable thsi time. Still wont stop us missing him though!!!!!

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 09 Sep 2010, 22:03

You're quite normal :lol: We haven't been abroad since getting Freddie, just done UK holidays where we could take them. We left them with friends for 2 nights recently while we were at a wedding and got the biggest welcome, it was so nice to see them again!

Enjoy you're break, they'll be fine and you'll enjoy the homecoming.

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 09 Sep 2010, 22:38

thanks for replies and encouraging words.
I think once I'm away I'll be better.
I know the lady is a real doggy person and they
will be fine.
The worst bit I think is the dropping off and driving away.
The alternative is doggy passports and they come with us.
I'll let you all know how they are on our return.
ImageImage