Jackson is leaving us, but going to better pastures I hope x

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
awaitingrodders

Jackson is leaving us, but going to better pastures I hope x

Post by awaitingrodders » 20 Jan 2011, 22:51

Okay so the final update is that today Jackson had another snipe at Ernie and that was it. Our mind was made up. I can't do this anymore with him.

His breeder is taking him back for good now. They have been great and its of course the best all round and the right thing for them to do.

For what ever reason, Jackson just can't settle with us. I have high hopes for him though, I haven't given up on the little rascal but he is just not coming back to us anymore. Bottom line, don't touch my kids!

It is very sad for us and we feel terrible but the decision now made is I think the right one.

What a weird story mine has been. From a year of passion and waiting to this strange ending with Jackson just 6 months :cry: :cry:

I wish him nothing but love and happiness and I hope he knows how much we care about him and will never forget him.

Thanks to all for continued support, this has been a life saver for me.
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x

lizzie tb

Re: Jackson is leaving us, but going to better pastures I hope x

Post by lizzie tb » 20 Jan 2011, 22:55

Dear Sam, a brave decision but the best for you all. You can now 'relax' knowing you've done what's needed. I do feel so sorry for you all and I know it'll be a massive wrench but also relief as the worry will be lifted.
Your breeder has been brilliant too and very responsible.
Lets hope Jackson finds a new home soon.
Thinking of you all

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 20 Jan 2011, 22:57

When I saw your post, I had a lump in my throat.
When I'd finished reading your post, I had tears in my eyes.
I really hope you and your family find a dog who will be happy with you, and that Jackson finds his forever home

Claire
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 Jan 2011, 23:11

Good luck Sam. I wish you'd managed, you deserved to, but sometimes it's just not possible. You know my story. We got a cat a couple of years after our disaster (very similar to yours!), but still longed for a dog, and when we got Lola (10 years later!) I couldn't believe how different a dog could be. Her puppy bites just weren't the same at all. I knew then that it hadn't been our fault, it wasn't anything we were doing.

XXXX((((Sam))))XXXX
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Fizz's mum

Post by Fizz's mum » 20 Jan 2011, 23:23

I have read your posts and am very sad for you. You are definately doing the right thing and have been very unlucky. :(
Fizz and Indie's Mum

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 20 Jan 2011, 23:27

My thoughts are with you all at the moment but there really was no other option. As awful as it was I feel that final swipe at Ernie was perhaps fated to make your decision final. Even if the breeder had managed to help straighten him out you might always have been on your guard with him. He definately needs a child free home you just can't take that risk. It is so sad for you all at the moment but all your hard work I'm sure will still be with him, it's just he needs a different setting in which he does not feel the need to be aggressive or defensive.
I hope you all get the dog you should have had and more than deserve when the time is right and that you stay in touch anyway. You have been so unfortunate with Jackson's extreme behaviour. I'm sure he will be just fine once he finds the right home and someone he will submit to as you have given him an excellent start in life.

God bless you Sam x
Sharron and Archie

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 21 Jan 2011, 00:01

Oh heck what a few days........I bet you've shed some tears. I can only expo what others have said -great breeder what a lifesaver for you. I really hope you can relax no, life mustve been fraught for months.

You'll know if and when The time is right to invite a new rodders into your home, and I'm sure you'll have a whole different experience next time xx

sajwhite

Post by sajwhite » 21 Jan 2011, 00:18

I can't imagine how you are feeling at the moment but will be thinking of you all x

Sarah and Ollie x

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 21 Jan 2011, 00:32

So understand where you are coming from big hugs to you all such a hard thing to do. Just because Jackson was not suited Does not mean that's the end just the beginning for him and you.

sending you some very big Hugs I am sure you have done the right thing, I had to do that with a cocker spaniel as it went for my daughter which was totally unprovoked. OH said that there would never be another DOG in this house again. Then Aunty Barb matched us with Asha (Who never got as far as being posted on line) So just because Jackson has not worked out Don't loose all hope, The best thing with Asha was we skipped all the toilet training :lol: :lol: Now Our family feels whole

Hugs to YOU All

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 21 Jan 2011, 01:29

Oh Sam I am so sorry :( Jackson will have a fresh start and so will you and your family :D

Take care and please stay in touch so that we know you are ok :wink:

Glenda xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

awaitingrodders

Post by awaitingrodders » 21 Jan 2011, 02:22

oh god 1.15 am, must go to bed. Sitting in front room with jackson just getting some last minute time with him while he is chilling out. He's got my teddy, its his fav toy. Bless him.

Even now if I go to stroke him his mouth opens and his teeth grip me. He is very unaffectionate :( monkey moo......I suspect its because he knows all I have ever wanted is a cuddle!

Time for bed. x Emotionally exhanusted and on top of everything I've been working on an artcile this evening, needed that like a hole in the head....guess what the topic was! The development of socialbility in play!!! If only I could laugh :( :(
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 21 Jan 2011, 08:54

Updatd with your dilemma.
Oh dear poor you however I feel the decision you have made is the right one. i would have done the same as you as your children are paramount.
All dogs are different as are people and sadly some are not good with children.
You have not rushed into this decision and have tried everything possible - I don't think it could have been
done any othr way.
I do hope the future
includes a dog at some stage but now take stock.
Good luck
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Jan 2011, 10:05

That's so sad, but I think you know it will work out for the best for your family and for Jackson. The thing to do now is concentrate on knowing you've done the best for the lad. Big hugs.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

karenmog

Post by karenmog » 21 Jan 2011, 10:50

I'm so sorry that it hasn't worked out for you with Jackson. I think you are doing the right thing for all of you. I know it's hard as I had to rehome a dog once and I felt so bad but I do know that he is very happy in his new home.

It put me off for ages but then we got Rosie and it restored my faith again. You know when it's right for you.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. It will get better.

awaitingrodders

Post by awaitingrodders » 21 Jan 2011, 12:00

I keep telling myself we are not returning him cos we got bored, didn't want to walk him, didn't like the fur, barking, mess, smell, poo, the size etc etc...... these were all the things we worried about before we got him and when we got him found that none of this was even an issue, a dog fit our life perfectly.....we just didn't fit Jacksons needs beyond this. :cry:

One thing we know is how much we have to offer a dog and we will be looking to fill the space in the house very quickly, not fill Jackson's boots of course, there will only be one Jackson, but in theory I enjoyed the walking and training I just didn't like being pushed through it all endlessly till i snapped and did something I regretted!

Honestly, there will be no new puppies for us. It was the worst experience ever, the nipping and frenzied biting will live with me, scars and everything forever and more to the point I did not like the way it made my temper rise and what i was capable of in those moments. I think it may have put me off labradoodles aswell to be honest. Now in retrospect Jackson has taken the wind out of me emotionally and physically and I think I am spent on dogs who need any sort of level of discipline!! I would be terrified of it happening again! I am also so dissapointed. I nagged for a labradoodle, hubby gave in as he always does and this happened. He would never say anything, infact he is being great and feels exactly the same as I do. I can honestly say that the last few days have had my heart thumping with anxiety and turmoil, so much so I've had the wine out at 4oclock! I normally wait to 5 at least!! :lol: :lol:

What a situation!
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x