Jackson is leaving us, but going to better pastures I hope x

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Dillondood

Re: Jackson is leaving us, but going to better pastures I hope x

Post by Dillondood » 22 Jan 2011, 12:14

Hi Sam, I have only caught just up with your recent posts, but know that you have 100% done the right thing for Jackson and your family.
Your family come first, and I think you will now feel lighter for having made this decision.
There will be a home out there that is right for Jackson, and he will find his place in life, so please take comfort in the knowledge that you have done the best thing for him.
Finally Sam, I am so so sorry that what should have been wonderful has turned into a negative experience for you, but hope that after some time you will not give up on having a dog (whatever breed), they truely can enhance your life, and I hope one day this will be the case for you xxx
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

awaitingrodders

Post by awaitingrodders » 22 Jan 2011, 13:02

Jackson has gone now x Any bad feeling was gone when I went to give him a cuddle and he sank his teeth into my shoulder piercing the skin! He has gone off with his bedding, all his toys, his food bowl and homemade tit bits x I think when he see's his sister and doggy parents he will be too excited to think about us. I am feeling very pragmatic today, the tension of the wait was worse, now he has gone I feel happy in the knowledge that we are all starting a fresh, including Jackson, its what we all need x

I do no that we have proved oursleves to be moe than capable dog owners and have a huge space in this house witing for the right dog.

I am going to start to make enquiries at rescue centres and trusts and let some people assess us and match us with the right dog. It is important for your dog to love you as much as you love them. I won't be scared to say that to the people who will help us find the right dog now.....giving and getting nothing back is a relentless crap task! My kids are a nightmare at times but when they plant their dirty grubby little hands on my face, smile and me and give me kiss everything in the world is worth any strife! This has to be the same with a dog I think.

I am a wiser and maybe a little bit stronger as a person now that is for sure. Every cloud has a silver lining :)
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 22 Jan 2011, 13:34

ah bless, you've had a right week. hope you do something lovely as a family together this weekend, and enjoy the stress free environment. i think you're absolutely right in what you're going to do next, and wish you all the best xxx

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 22 Jan 2011, 16:29

Little Bu**er!!

Bet you're breathing a sigh of relief now that is all over. The hardest part is always the build up - relax, enjoy your kids and your perfect furry friend will soon find you I'm sure.

Clair

x
Clair & Bob

lucyeff

Post by lucyeff » 22 Jan 2011, 17:00

Oh Sam. What a few days for you. I'm so happy that you are still looking to fill the gap though, I know what you mean about the dog sized hole that's there when they've gone. :(

You ROCK, I just know once you find the right dog you'll have that happiness you were hoping for with Jackson.

I'm so glad he bit you instead of giving you pitiful eyes, it does speak volumes and I'll bet you wanted to drop kick him back to them, haha! :roll:

Are they keeping you updated on him, or would you prefer not to know?

Good luck with your search. I bet it's not long before you have that dog you always hoped for.

Sending you lots and love, and positive vibes for finding your happy ever after dog soon,
Lucy xxxx

ps I have been known to have the wine open at 4pm too....but don't tell social services! Haha! :wink: Shame you don't live round the corner, it's terrible having to finish the bottle meself! :lol:

starry

Post by starry » 22 Jan 2011, 18:19

You've been so brave. It sounds like this was absolutely the right decision for all of you. Here's hoping you find your "forever dog" soon! xxxx

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 22 Jan 2011, 20:47

You are absolutely right, we have dogs so we will love them and they will love us back, if we wanted to be treated like dirt we'd get cats instead. I think Jackson was very unusual in his attitude, the vast majority of domestic dogs are affectionate and some excessively so. There will be dogs in rescue who haven't had the love they deserve and will be thrilled with the chance to reciprocate your love.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Pods2008

Post by Pods2008 » 23 Jan 2011, 10:45

Sam
So sorry that you have been through what you have been through in the last six months and more. This conclusion obviously isn't one anyone would have thought but you have made the right decision.
I hope you find a new dog soon who will love you back and give you the cuddles you so want :)
Do keep us all posted on here - even if you have been put of labradoodles :(
It would be so great to hear that you have found ur pup and also to hear that Jackson has found his forever home so do let us all know
You are such a strong and brave lady - having read your posts for so long now and got our pup at the same time as you got jackson - you have been a real inspiration
Roll on Rodders!!

Pods2008

Sam
So sorry that you have been through what you have been through in the last six months and more. This conclusion obviously isn't one anyone would have thought but you have made the right decision.
I hope you find a new dog soon who will love you back and give you the cuddles you so want :)
It would be so great to hear that you have found ur pup and also to hear that Jackson has found his forever home so do let us all know
You are such a strong and brave lady - having read your posts for so long now and got our pup at the same time as you got jackson - you have been a real inspiration
Roll on Rodders!!

Pods2008

Sam
Roll on Rodders!!

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 23 Jan 2011, 14:42

I would just like to say - Bravo :) and don't feel bad :)

You have made the right choice. Owning up to the fact that you can't keep your dog because he isn't happy must be hard - but well done for doing it :)

Many people would have given up months ago and given Jackson over to a rescue centre - if you had told them the reason why; he would probably have been PTS :cry:

Now at least you know he will be well looked after, happy, worked and in his element. I really hope you find your 'Rodders'. :)

PS
Please don't be put off by doodles. Maybe a calmer, older rescue from them trust may be on the cards in the future? :D
Image Image Image