Any news of Florrie

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Leo22

Any news of Florrie

Post by Leo22 » 23 May 2011, 12:22

Hi Tasha, how is Florrie :?: I have been thinking of you, do hope she is ok x

Lynne and Moses

JeanG

Re: Any news of Florrie

Post by JeanG » 23 May 2011, 13:36

Spooky - I've just logged on just to ask the same question! Hope she's ok. Need to log off now as supposed to be working :oops: but will check post this evening. Take care Florrie xxxx
Jean & Bella xxx

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 23 May 2011, 20:32

Hiya,
Thanks for your messages and concern.
I collected her from the vets this morning and she is really not great. Her wound goes from under her ribcage to in between her back legs, she also had a drip in her leg so her leg is sore too. She's on lots of meds and is not eating much at the moment which the vet said to keep an eye on. She's very nervous and stressed and obviously in a lot of pain. She's spent most of her day in her bed sleeping or just lying there, she looks depressed. She gave a half tail wag earlier which was nice as she hasn't shown any enthusiasm yet. Shes allowed 5/10 min walks but not often at all maybe once or twice a day, I am worried that she may become bored as she begins to feel better in the next few weeks. She has to have a check up on thurs and then stitches out next tues, risk of infection is high with her as she has been on steroids for fox mange, they have taken her off these now though as they stop wounds healing and increase infection risks. The vet did say that shes been very stressed over the weekend and thought she would be better off at home. Shes very wary whenever we approach her or talk to her but she has had a few cuddles. I feel so sorry for her though, my poor Florrie Pup :(
Tasha and Florrie.

Florrie Lorrie

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 23 May 2011, 21:09

Some pictures of poor old Florrie doodle.

Florrie feeling sorry for herself

Her wound, can't believe how many stitches she has :(

Florrie Lorrie

Gem

Post by Gem » 23 May 2011, 21:52

Poor Florrie and poor you, it must be so hard to see her upset and in pain, but at least she is now back at home with you and this will hopefully be a great comfort to her (even if she doesn't show it). First and foremost I hope Florrie makes a quick recovery now that she is off the steroids, and then once all healed up any lasting effects of the stress can be dealt with in time.

I really hope everything goes smoothly for you over the next few weeks and I really hope that Florrie starts to feel better. We all love our dogs soo much and it is so hard to see them suffering in any way. I will be thinking of you and Florrie lots over the next few weeks, just know you can always come on here for support!

Gemma, and Zooey who has been licking my screen at the pictures of Florrie!
Gemma and Zooey

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 23 May 2011, 22:41

Thinking of you and Florrie.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

whirlwindmum

Post by whirlwindmum » 23 May 2011, 22:52

Get better soon Florrie. Doodle licks from Alfie. :D
i]Treena & Alfie[/i]

john ford

Post by john ford » 23 May 2011, 22:53

poor thing what as she had done hope she feels better soon.

brucey doodle

Post by brucey doodle » 23 May 2011, 23:06

WOW that's one hell of a scar poor poor Florrie :(
I really feel for you and I'm sure she'll be back to health in no time
Lots of Brucey kissesImage
Emma and Bruce x
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 24 May 2011, 00:45

Poor Florrie, I do hope she feels better soon :D
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

rebecca0969

Post by rebecca0969 » 24 May 2011, 07:36

Poor Florrie. And poor you too. Give her a kiss on the nose from us. X
Rebecca and Noodles x

poodledoodleted

Post by poodledoodleted » 24 May 2011, 09:02

I hope Florrie is feeling better soon - that looks like a very big operation.

I'm sure given time at home she will recover from the stress and you can get her back on track.

Hope you are well too :)

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 24 May 2011, 15:29

Poor little Florrie, I'm glad the vet gave you plenty of pain killers for her. They do heal remarkably fast, and although she seems in a very sorry state at the moment you will be amazed at how much she improves over the next few days. Can you give her liquid foods to make sure she gets enough?
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 24 May 2011, 21:33

Thank you all for your comments I really appreciate it :)
I had to take Florrie back to the vets this evening as she's not really drinking, weeing or eating very much. The vet checked her over and said that her temperature is a little high which she is concerned about as it could mean the beginnings of an infection. She also gave Florrie a strong painkiller injection as she's still very stressed and when laying down isn't too comfortable, I'm not surprised though with the size of her op site.
As the vet is so concerned, she wants to see her everyday for the next few days just to check her temperature doesn't go up anymore because if it does then she may have to be hospitalised again :(
Since bringing her home from the vets this evening, she's been VERY stressed and restless and is panting constantly I'm not sure if this is because she's just generally stressed out atm or if shes in pain/got an infection. I suppose she just needs us to give her space and let her do her own thing and let her come to us when shes ready to.
Tasha and Florrie

Florrie Lorrie

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 24 May 2011, 22:51

What a terrible time for you, I hope the painkiller starts to work quickly and Florrie can get comfortable and get some rest. Fingers crossed her temperature will drop :)
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image