Throwing up at night

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Bid

Re: Throwing up at night

Post by Bid » 03 Oct 2012, 12:12

We give ours a spoonfull of cooked coley at bedtime :roll: I know they are spoiled, but it's a long story going back 20 years to a deprived cat and the habit has been with us ever since :lol: :lol:

Liz - I brush their teeth at bedtime with some doggy toothpaste. They thought it was a bit odd at first, but they've got the hang of it now - Beamish actually enjoys it, but Daisy & Poppy just endure it. Daisy's teeth have got a lot whiter since I started doing it. Would Lola let you do this?
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 03 Oct 2012, 12:54

Well - I have tried. She has some meat-flavoured toothpaste, and a doggy toothbrush, and she bites down on it... and that's that! Then she sort of rotates on the spot, extricates herself and lip-smackingly savours the rest of the toothpaste. Somewhere over the far side of the room.

Toothpaste is not meant to be swallowed, it contains all sorts of things you shouldn't swallow - i worry about it! It's full of phenols as well...

I've been searching and searching for something that doesn't contain wheat or dairy, that doesn't affect her tummy, that she enjoys chewing, and have only come u with te fish skin twists, which she does chew but don't seem to be having an effect on her teeth and gums.

(sorry to take the thread off course).
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Oct 2012, 13:36

What about this ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tropiclean-Clea ... B00379KT66

Ingredients - purified water, com alcohol, natural mint, glycerin, carbopol, chlorophyllin & green tea extract.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 03 Oct 2012, 14:30

Ah yes, we have that. It's not actually toothpaste really, it's meant the freshen their breath. Greeted with what could only be described as a strangled scream. She didn't like the taste, took quite a while spitting it out all over the back hall floor. And looking at me like I'd tried to skewer her entrails with a poker. But her breath smelled lovely.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 03 Oct 2012, 15:05

Alfieandlindsey wrote:He either gets some chicken, a couple of milky bones, sausage or abit of ham.....

Hope he gets well soon Maggie. Are you better now? Xx
Thanks for the advice :D And yes all better now thank you, how are you getting on? Will you be OK now until December?

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 03 Oct 2012, 19:32

Glad your ok now Maggie. Yeh I am all good thanks. Just busy getting the Christmas shopping done as we go on holiday to America in November and I only have just over a week once we get back before the op! So planning to be bought and wrapped by the end of this month! :D

Feeling ok about the op - hoping to feel like a new woman next year! Hoping to be a bit lighter afterwards - surely removing a few organs from your inside will give you a new dress size!! :lol: :?

Take care and big squeeze to barney (barnaby bear!!) x

Lindsey and Alfie x

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 03 Oct 2012, 19:55

Hope barney is ok :) , it's such a tricky thing getting the food just right for them. Good luck.
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Oct 2012, 20:01

Liz! wrote:Ah yes, we have that. It's not actually toothpaste really, it's meant the freshen their breath. Greeted with what could only be described as a strangled scream. She didn't like the taste, took quite a while spitting it out all over the back hall floor. And looking at me like I'd tried to skewer her entrails with a poker. But her breath smelled lovely.
:lol: :lol: Mine don't like it either, but a quick wipe over their front teeth and they automatically have to spread it around - like it or not!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 03 Oct 2012, 20:08

Alfieandlindsey wrote:Glad your ok now Maggie. Yeh I am all good thanks. Just busy getting the Christmas shopping done as we go on holiday to America in November and I only have just over a week once we get back before the op! So planning to be bought and wrapped by the end of this month! :D

Feeling ok about the op - hoping to feel like a new woman next year! Hoping to be a bit lighter afterwards - surely removing a few organs from your inside will give you a new dress size!! :lol: :?

Take care and big squeeze to barney (barnaby bear!!) x
Ooh I love Christmas shopping! Just about to get started with it all - I like a long time to look and then I don't get any panic buying (apart from my Granny who I always struggle with! She has 6 children and 10 grandchildren so it's difficult to get her something she wont get lots of!)

Whereabouts are you going in America? It sounds like perfect timing!

Ooh, can I ask what you'll get Charlie? :D

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 03 Oct 2012, 20:28

Dave travels to Phoenix, Arizona about 4 times a year. In fact we were going to move out there for 3 years about 8 years ago but due to a tragedy ( :cry: ) 2 weeks before leaving we never went... Anyway I have been desperate to see where we were going to live that finally we are all going. Going to spend a few days in Phoenix then drive to California for 3 days, onto San Diego for 2 days then back to Phoenix! Can't wait!! :D My sister and her family are moving into ours for the duration of the trip so my furry boy will be very happy :D

Charlie hasn't given me ANY clues yet but so far I have bought a Liverpool shirt, FIFA 13, books, skylander game, and a onesie!!! :shock:

Grans are always the hardest to buy for without being too predictable. An idea though.....have you ever made a photo book? Would be perfect filled with everyone's favourite photographs all in one book. I make a yearly one and it's much better than lots of heavy albums xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 03 Oct 2012, 21:44

sorry to see Barney has been throwing up - like others have mentioned - Luna did this too so she now gets 'supper' which is a very small handful of her dry food.

and didnt realise you had been ill too Maggie ! hope you are ok now. xx

Lindsey your holiday sounds SICK ! :lol:
Dawn & Luna x

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 03 Oct 2012, 21:58

I've upped Barney's food to 120 and he still seemed to go back to the bowl once or twice so maybe he's still hungry? :?

Just giving him a bit of plain pasta now - hopefully everything'll be alright in the morning.

I have an internet friend who lives out in Phoenix and he loves it and the people. Although it sounds a bit too hot for my liking!! :lol:

Thanks for the photobook idea. That reminds me I've been meaning to put a few together myself!! I've used Bob Books before for Bridesmaid's photobooks - they really were beautiful and exceptional quality.

:lol: about the onsie!! What's the story of that?

Rowan, yes I'm fine! :D

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 03 Oct 2012, 22:08

Apparently onesies are cool!! I have ordered him an angry birds one!! 8)

Hopefully in November the temp will be just right - early 70's I think...

Hope barney has a sick free night x

Lindsey and Alfie x

purplepatch

Post by purplepatch » 04 Oct 2012, 06:39

Hi Maggie
Sorry to hear Barney is a bit under the weather. We give Carter his command for bed time and once he has laid down he has half of a Rodeo chew as we close the door and go to bed. Only a small treat but seems to tie him over until the morning. He has his evening meal around 7pm.
Hope Barney picks up soon.
PP

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 04 Oct 2012, 08:01

A sick free but incredibly naughty night!! Barney grabbed loads of stuff off the counters :shock:

Thanks for the advice PP, that Rodeo chum looks delicious!