kibble question please

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Jaylo

kibble question please

Post by Jaylo » 04 Jun 2013, 09:22

on junior kibble packet it says 400g for a dog 30kg rolo is 8 months old does it mean 400g per meal as he is on 2 meals a day now or is it 200g per meal???.. 200g just looks such a small ammount and hes looking at me for more food it works out about 3 good handfuls but he needs about 6 handfuls to be satisfied..

ebug99

Re: kibble question please

Post by ebug99 » 04 Jun 2013, 13:42

I think the guides usually give a DAILY allowance, but it might vary with the different brands, and some high quality kibble is so concentrated, you're only meant to feed a small amount.

Is there a helpline number on the pack ?

If he will eat fruit & veg, you could always bulk it out with some grated carrot / apple.

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 04 Jun 2013, 16:28

Good idea to bulk up with fruit and veg Liz.. I would of said same..... Jay i think its a guideline not set in stone im lucky Poppy isnt greedy she will eat until shes had enough then i throw it away shes fed twice a day too and she also gets up to 4 walks a day so shes fit and active i dont think her daily allowance would be enough so i go by her..... Its a minefield isnt it xxxx
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 04 Jun 2013, 19:36

Lulu is on welbeloved I mix kibble with the wet food.

She is actually a camel

Sometimes she eats and sometimes she doesnt

What she woolfs downs one day (sardines tuna) she leaves the next day

I try not to drive myself mad

Usually the amount stated is a daily amount fed twice but it is only a guide line. I am food orientated and would love Lulu to eat the amounts stated but she doesnt

Also remember to take in the treats (training or otherwise) he may get
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage