update on Dexter

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Nicky

update on Dexter

Post by Nicky » 01 Dec 2013, 15:19

Dexter is still limping!:( Soft tissue damage to shoulder was the diagnosis, metacam improved it but after light exercise he was limping on his front leg again.

Back to vets, and they examined him and are going to look at xrays again.... Im not sure if I should get a second opinion... Our insurance is only for a year and need to get to the bottom of this qquickly for Dexter's comfortx

MandyG

Re: update on Dexter

Post by MandyG » 01 Dec 2013, 18:38

Poor baby. Hugs and licks.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 01 Dec 2013, 18:43

aw wish him better
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 01 Dec 2013, 20:13

I hope you manage to get some answers at the vets.

Murphy took months to get better with his shoulder, (August until Xmas) with short on lead walks and weekly under water treadmill sessions, he was also on tramadol for quite a while to get his pain under control.

We also drew a blank with tests and xrays, it was the get at the animal rehabilitation centre that diagnosed him. Check your insurance, some cover hydro therapy etc and some don't, some insurers also ask that the Vets make the referral. It may be worth asking for a referral if you have a hydro pool close.

I also took a video of Murphy limping at home because it always disappeared when we got into the consulting room.
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image