Please help us cope:((

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Glenda

Re: Please help us cope:((

Post by Glenda » 20 Dec 2013, 21:57

What an awful shock for you! You will decide what is right for your lovely boy - you know him best
and know what is best for him.

I really hope that Dexter runs on three legs for a very long time. Thinking of you xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 20 Dec 2013, 23:21

Oh Nicky,
I'm so sorry. I wish I knew exactly what to say to make you feel better - but I don't. Just wanted to let you know that we're wishing you and Dexter all the best for Tuesday. As others have said, you know him best and will know what is the right thing to do. All our hopes and wishes that he will be able to stay with you for a long, long time...
Anne & Ianto x

EstelleB

Post by EstelleB » 21 Dec 2013, 00:58

So sorry for you and Dexter. It's been said by everyone but whatever you decide will be the right decision, listen to all the advice you can but then trust your instincts and make the right decision for you and Dexter.

Sending lots of sloppy kisses from Tia :(
ImageImage

Masil

Post by Masil » 21 Dec 2013, 01:39

I am so sorry to hear about Dexter, it must have been such a shock for you and difficult to take in. As everyone has said, you will know in your heart what is the right thing to do. I hope that everything goes well on Tuesday - there are many dogs who manage brilliantly well with 3 legs. Sending positive thoughts and lots of hugs to you and Dexter xx

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 21 Dec 2013, 05:44

I am so sorry to read this about Dexter.

There are no words to make you feel better but try to take comfort in that you love him and are making his life as good as you can for however long he has in this world.

Surrounding Dexter with a golden light of healing and Doodle vibes.

Do let us know how the op goes when you have time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Lexi

Post by Lexi » 21 Dec 2013, 07:52

What a terrible time for you all. You clearly have so much love for Dexter that, as everyone has said, your heart will guide you to the right decisions for him. I will be thinking of you Tuesday and hope the op goes well and Dexter recovers quickly. Sending hugs and lots of positive vibes to you all x Ang

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 21 Dec 2013, 07:58

My heart goes out to you all. What a horrible decision to have to make. Thoughts and prayer being sent your way.
ImageImage

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 21 Dec 2013, 08:54

I'm so sorry to hear this. We will be thinking of you all. Xxx
ImageImage

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 21 Dec 2013, 09:51

So sorry to read this, you know your dog best and I'm sure which ever route you choose will be the best one for him.

There was a three legged dog at our training classes and he did everything every other dog did and did it just as well as the others.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 21 Dec 2013, 13:16

Thank you so much for your comments, The op will just remove the tumour and his pain. They said at diagnosis its 90% sure its already spread but wont show up yet on chest xra. They said chemo would give him maybe a year. Thats our dilemma what if could have longer and be okay on chemo or do we just get over the op and use holistic meds and take each day as it comes:/ So hard to decide plus the cost of chemo is another factor we havent really thought aboutx

Gemgem

Post by Gemgem » 21 Dec 2013, 15:15

Hi, so sorry to hear this :( unfortunately I know what you are going through as my last dog sadly had this but it had already spread to her lungs so the kindest thing to do for her was for her to be pts. I know if it had not spread to her lungs I would have amputated her leg and let her enjoy the rest of the life until she couldn't cope anymore. It is your decision to make only you will truly know the right decision for him. Big hugs x
Gem & Poppy

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 21 Dec 2013, 16:53

So sorry :(

as far as decisions go this has to be yours. all i can say that if it were me i would be guided by the vet as to what the kindest thing to do is, and go with that. whether you get a little longer or a little shorter to be with him, if you've done it for the right reasons and with his quality of life in mind, and thinking of him, you will know you've made the right decision and will rest easier

loads hugs xxxx

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 21 Dec 2013, 17:44

Yes, we are going to do what the other poster said they would do if it hadnt spread to lungs. Amputate and let him live as long as he is comfortable. Giving him an extra year or so with
chemo might not help and could damage him internally.Ive fingers crossed he will pull through the op will keep you updated!x

Zetti Doodle

Post by Zetti Doodle » 21 Dec 2013, 20:26

So terribly sorry to hear about Dexter, Nicky.......sending him healing vibes and doodle hugs to you all xxx
Mimi, Rossetti and Raphaella, the Spanish Water Dog x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 22 Dec 2013, 02:38

Just wanted to add am thinking of you and Dexter . Sending positive,healing vibes your way. Listen to that quiet voice inside for some reason it is usual spot on.